+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Violacea

Thread: Looking to return and need advice

Default Looking to return and need advice

After a long break from any MMO at all i thought i might come back for the expac. I primarily played MM but a friend has told me that MM are now the weakest of the rogues and the weakest of all the roles. You still cant kill a cleric and warriors finally got what they want and are now mages, rogues and clerics all in one package. Sounds like trions usual "balanced" pvp. I dont care less about PVE so can i get some advice on the current state of MM in pvp. Will i be wasting my time to level to 60 if all i get for my money each month is a gimp while others for the same money get raid bosses. I know its nearly impossible to get unbiased views on these forums but please try. Thanks in advance
    Last edited by betty; 09-26-2012 at 09:39 PM.

bard - good support esp with a heal role toon present
    nb - insane damage at 51 and can really hurt healers unless they are really well geared and top notch skilled. They need clerics present though or warriors will eat them up melee. (given equal gear)
    sab - insane aoe, can really put a dent in crowds. Squishy to the max
    RS - objective machine. Mobile brick wall
    sin - same gimmick as always.
    MM - still one of the best pvp souls. damage is less typically than sabs (imo) and NB (certainly) but it is very consistent. Warriors can be kited with proper area to do it. I find myself running away from combat though to switch to NB or Sab when a healer isn't dying with MM.
    BD - it's a trap
    ranger - Jurassic Park

WB to rogue.
    Last edited by Violacea; 09-26-2012 at 09:49 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

We dont know yet

All souls will be redone for Storm Legion and all callings get a new soul.
    Where Mage and Warriors already got their new soul revealed(and for Warrior even lot info about the rework for the other souls), we rogues(and clerics) are still waiting for their reveal.
    Since all souls will be redone, its hard to tell how balanced pvp will be.

So just stay tuned, Rogue soul reveal is the next one and we expect it begin October(though we are not sure)
    Sotiria, GM of Fade Legion.. Founder of Covenant(Argent)
    pew pew rogue
    4/4, 2/4, 1/5

I agree we don't know yet how it'll be in 2 months.

But right now, MM is sub par except in it's ability to run away.
    Last edited by Jeffreys; 09-27-2012 at 04:55 AM.
    @Deepwood and elsewhere
    - Hello Kitty -* Plinka *
    And The Littles
    McBaddie * Chickabowwow * Bigstaff * Bighat * Beergut
    Littlehealz * Littletop * Fireballa * Freedomfries

Rift Disciple

I myself returned a few weeks ago. Was a little worried about the MM...but I absolutely love her in CQ. Very versatile and support dps. I only found myself one on one a few times....besides the zerg, in between I been always looking for small battles or helping an ally out. Way more fun playing on the seat of your pants with a MM. Sure my dps isnt the greatest in a vengence set...but good enough to help out and play that role. Since Expack incoming soon, no rush to getting better gear. Once 60 and back to farming prestige again...then work on top tier set before going solo/melee. Until then MM is and will continue to be a lot of fun....oh and I hate pets in pvp. Bad enough looking after my own butt:P

Thanks for replies but after finding someone who plays who let me watch some CQ and WFs that she was playing i see nothing to dispell the picture painted in my OP - Warriors killing ppl in less than 5 secs - blue bars taking no dmg - some abomination of a pyro spec that tanks and does more dps than its attacker - thx but no thx - ill save my time and money - its still the same imbalanced rubbish that it was when i left - musts be a bloody good pve game cos i cant for the life of me see why anyone would stay for the pvp - CQ is a joke seems to be more about shooting excavators or whatever they call them than actually fighting

Quote Originally Posted by betty View Post
    Thanks for replies but after finding someone who plays who let me watch some CQ and WFs that she was playing i see nothing to dispell the picture painted in my OP - Warriors killing ppl in less than 5 secs - blue bars taking no dmg - some abomination of a pyro spec that tanks and does more dps than its attacker - thx but no thx - ill save my time and money - its still the same imbalanced rubbish that it was when i left - musts be a bloody good pve game cos i cant for the life of me see why anyone would stay for the pvp - CQ is a joke seems to be more about shooting excavators or whatever they call them than actually fighting
    With an attitude like that, I suggest playing a singleplayer game. Try skyrim.

Quote Originally Posted by Valnak View Post
    With an attitude like that, I suggest playing a singleplayer game. Try skyrim.
    ikr

/10char

Quote Originally Posted by betty View Post
    Im starting to think your name is not really betty.
    Last edited by Robes; 09-29-2012 at 09:26 PM.
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

+ Reply to Thread