+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: PVP in Storm Legion

Default PVP in Storm Legion

any ideas, speculation, information on what's going to happen in storm legion? what will happen to prestige ranks? will a new player be required to go from rank 1 to say... rank 60? will rank 50 be removed and everyone will be on the same starting ground once they've reached level 60?

after the normalization tests they said they were looking at new ways to make it easier for new players to get involved in pvp. any info on that as well?

CLERIC R50 ROGUE R50 WARRIOR R50 MAGE R47

Warriors will have to press 3 buttons, but will continue to render all other classes pointless.
    Even free cost too much now

I guess I'm the only one excited about new level 60 gear, expanded itemization as a whole, and my favorite rogue souls being expanded on with the ability to mix a new one. My hotbar dictates my pvp and this will be changing up my hotbar and methods of pvp. I don't see how you can't be excited to get into even the same ol WF's at level 60. I'm easily entertained these days I guess :/ Plus, with new currencies I am certain there will be schemes again (zone events or something) that will bring people out into the world. Even just exploring new zones and leveling up in new zones. Well aware there are no new announced WF's or new announced CQ. But there is going to be a whole new end game, all new itemization, all new abilities, all new soul combinations and more. Whether you PvP or PvE that should spell fun if you enjoy Rift.

I wouldn't be surprised if new WF's come out and new scenarios. I'm patient I guess. I'd love just to do Black Gardens at level 60. It's something chill and fun.
    Last edited by Violacea; 09-26-2012 at 09:44 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    That's a nice list of everything that wasn't asked about.

If you consider it all it should be pretty clear what happens. Read between the lines.

edit: didnt notice you already posted. You can't make a worst post then me then complain about one better than yours just because you didn't get it.
    Last edited by Violacea; 09-26-2012 at 09:54 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Rift Disciple

I'm on bored with Violacea on this one....new end game..new soul, new abilities..damn what's not to like...just because they haven't said anything about pvp doesn't mean they aren't providing anything...they are..if you watch the vid's..they just aren't ready to announce it just yet...we have live streams starting up every Friday now till launch..I think all of us WFmongers are going to get serverd a healthy meal with some awesome dessets. If it's any indication the way Trion works..they will keep it hush hush and it probably will be big whatever it is...adn we all will be sitting staring at the computer with that big O face. (hoping)

but yeah..new zones, new cities, hunt rifts, carnage, dimensions...what's not to love? hell i'm rolling a new toon right now and making it a point to go questing in areas I didn't do with my main...and I'm having a blast.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Balrog21 View Post
    I'm on bored with Violacea on this one....new end game..new soul, new abilities..damn what's not to like...just because they haven't said anything about pvp doesn't mean they aren't providing anything...they are..if you watch the vid's..they just aren't ready to announce it just yet...we have live streams starting up every Friday now till launch..I think all of us WFmongers are going to get serverd a healthy meal with some awesome dessets. If it's any indication the way Trion works..they will keep it hush hush and it probably will be big whatever it is...adn we all will be sitting staring at the computer with that big O face. (hoping)

but yeah..new zones, new cities, hunt rifts, carnage, dimensions...what's not to love? hell i'm rolling a new toon right now and making it a point to go questing in areas I didn't do with my main...and I'm having a blast.
    I would say at this point there is absolutely no reason to believe there will be any PvP content.

GW2 is very PvP-centric and leeching away Rift subscriptions. PvPers have been leaving the game at a pretty quick pace. Trion has been revealing SL info regularly from before GW2's release and beyond - all it would take is a single mention of PvP to keep some interest, but they didn't even do that.

Hell, in the old videos they produced promoting the game; warfronts, pvp rifts and conquest(lol) all featured as part of the game. New videos? All focusing on PvE side.

I'll be more than happy to be wrong, but I find it overwhelmingly likely that there will be no PvP additions other than as a side-effect of PvE.
    Last edited by Raen Ryong; 09-30-2012 at 07:53 AM.
    Raenryong@Deepwood R69 ~ Amathys@Zaviel (Rogue)
    Serefina@Deepwood R66 ~ Solserefina@Zaviel (Warrior)
    Seraena@Deepwood R80 ~ Seraena@Zaviel R70 (Cleric)
    Avalonia@Deepwood R66 ~ Avalonia@Zaviel (Mage)
    <Dauntless> ~ <Excellence>

Soulwalker

I believe they did mention a revamp of Whitefall, I could be wrong but I thought I heard that

Ascendant

They mentioned the possibility of the escalation Whitefall becoming the default mode, yeah. That's about it...
    Raenryong@Deepwood R69 ~ Amathys@Zaviel (Rogue)
    Serefina@Deepwood R66 ~ Solserefina@Zaviel (Warrior)
    Seraena@Deepwood R80 ~ Seraena@Zaviel R70 (Cleric)
    Avalonia@Deepwood R66 ~ Avalonia@Zaviel (Mage)
    <Dauntless> ~ <Excellence>

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Raen Ryong View Post
    They mentioned the possibility of the escalation Whitefall becoming the default mode, yeah. That's about it...
    Escalation Whitefall is becoming the default. As for more Warfronts, I'm tired of the mindless grind. I want to another option to attain PvP and Arena is the answer to my problems.

my prayers have been heard.

i absolutely despise the fact that everyone just goes by eachother in standard whitefall.
    Last edited by micshaz; 09-30-2012 at 12:40 PM.

General of Telara

I would say at this point there is absolutely no reason to believe there will be any PvP content.

GW2 is very PvP-centric and leeching away Rift subscriptions. PvPers have been leaving the game at a pretty quick pace. Trion has been revealing SL info regularly from before GW2's release and beyond - all it would take is a single mention of PvP to keep some interest, but they didn't even do that.

Hell, in the old videos they produced promoting the game; warfronts, pvp rifts and conquest(lol) all featured as part of the game. New videos? All focusing on PvE side.

I'll be more than happy to be wrong, but I find it overwhelmingly likely that there will be no PvP additions other than as a side-effect of PvE.
    Of course there will be PvP content. While those who are hardcore are jaded and gone to GW2, there plenty who enjoy PvE and PvP and like it here. GW2 may be the holy grail to some, but for others it was a fun short term distraction, everyone I know has already finished with the game for now becasue there is no point to it once at the top and you get there fast. I played, I enjoyed, there are some really great concepts in it that MMOs in the future could take on board, but on the whole it was nothing more than a 2 week playtime. Course, I am not a hardcore PvP nut so while the PvP was entertaining it got boring fast, I am sure true PvPers will stay entertained far longer, but interestingly GW1 PvP kept me entertained far longer.
    Last edited by Asteldian; 09-30-2012 at 02:00 PM.

RIFT Guide Writer

Could just be my luck but you should try Laeyths or Maleforge. Have fun with bugs that been here since ID was released. I don't enjoy PvP in Rift atm, its broken, mindless and not fulfilling. You and I both know what changes are needed for PvP and I'm tired of explaining them.

So that means another 2 years of the exact same warfront maps until they eventually break the pvp and decide to double charge everybody to fix it.

Sweet!
    -=[ Virulent - 65 - P100 | Harlakk - 65 - P100 | Ascaroth - 62 - P95 | Brahman - 65 - P92 ]=-
    -=[ VirulentX - 70 - P100 | Harlakk - 70 - P92 | Ascaroth - 60 - P10 | BrahmanX - 1 - P0 ]=-
    | VIRALIST: 65 |

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast