+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: -4294439... Damage Taken?

Soulwalker

Default -4294439... Damage Taken?

Been PVPing for some time and still do not understand what this means. Some player in most matches end up with a damage taken score of -4292239... or so. Is this a bug or the result of over healing etc.

Not a complaint, just want to know how it comes about. Thanks.

Its just an error in the math behind adding together all the damage taken. Its a Trion side error in there calculator.

More interesting but off topic, sometimes when I open quest dialogue, i swear I see in a millisecond, a bunch of random 999999, 88888 and other numbers.

My complete guess, is that the slots of memory for storing numbers is displaying junk numbers a split second before they are reset. So you are seeing garbage. Also, that could mean there calculator for adding damage is adding garbage numbers into the total by complete accident. Who knows to be honest, theres always a ton of technical stuff going on behind the scenes.

Sometimes if you get extreme lag or a glitchy client open I've brought up the WF window and see the 'template' for the Warfront layout ie. map name, description, player amount - listed in vague ways like template layout place holders.
    Last edited by Violacea; 09-26-2012 at 02:13 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Stop taking negative dmg you hackers geez!

My cleric has the same damage done number as the warriors who have the damage taken bug. Frustrating being the only dps around who has this bug and it happens regardless of spec even 0/0/0 in any warfront (even on different servers/names) I join before it even begins. So now I play my rogue which isn't as fun but at least reflects what I do in terms of damage.
    MMO VAULT (Video Game Music) ➜ https://www.youtube.com/c/VideoGameMusicSoundtrack

Soulwalker

Never thought it was a cheat or hack, just curious as to why it showed is all. Thanks for the response.

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Sometimes if you get extreme lag or a glitchy client open I've brought up the WF window and see the 'template' for the Warfront layout ie. map name, description, player amount - listed in vague ways like template layout place holders.
    I get this a lot.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Areoth View Post
    Been PVPing for some time and still do not understand what this means. Some player in most matches end up with a damage taken score of -4292239... or so. Is this a bug or the result of over healing etc.

Not a complaint, just want to know how it comes about. Thanks.
    It acutally happens right at the beginning of the match, when players are buffing, and I've only seen it happen with Warriors. I think they've got a buff that is affected by another buff that ends up messing with the game's calulations and ends up wrapping backwards to the max negative value.

I'm fairly certain some warriors know how it's done, as I consistently see the same warriors doing it over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhrawn View Post
    It acutally happens right at the beginning of the match, when players are buffing, and I've only seen it happen with Warriors. I think they've got a buff that is affected by another buff that ends up messing with the game's calulations and ends up wrapping backwards to the max negative value.

I'm fairly certain some warriors know how it's done, as I consistently see the same warriors doing it over and over.
    I would not say they know how to do it, more so their spec is what causes it to occur consistently.

Ascendant

*puts on tin foil hat*
    It means they're being pocket healed, therefore they'll never die while they nuke the entire warfront in 2 GCD's.
    *takes off tin foil hat*
    White Fang

Adastra@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Aguni View Post
    I would not say they know how to do it, more so their spec is what causes it to occur consistently.
    When I get the same negative number for damage done it happens regardless of spec.
    MMO VAULT (Video Game Music) ➜ https://www.youtube.com/c/VideoGameMusicSoundtrack

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Aguni View Post
    I *would* say they know how to do it. These same warriors glitch it CONSISTENTLY! Because I can't call out warriors by name on the forums as it's against the posting rules, I'm not going to, but when it happens, note those warriors names and you watch... EVERY SINGLE GAME they play in, they'll glitch it out right at the start of the game.

They KNOW how it's done and do it. Whether it's a spec change or a buff or whatever... they KNOW what does it and they DO it to glitch it out.

I *would* say they know how to do it. These same warriors glitch it CONSISTENTLY! Because I can't call out warriors by name on the forums as it's against the posting rules, I'm not going to, but when it happens, note those warriors names and you watch... EVERY SINGLE GAME they play in, they'll glitch it out right at the start of the game.

They KNOW how it's done and do it. Whether it's a spec change or a buff or whatever... they KNOW what does it and they DO it to glitch it out.
    Like I said if it is anything like my damage done bug (same exact number 429...) it will happen every game regardless of what you do. Once you have the bug you have it each game and it isn't anything that has to be done consistently. Trion has been able to replicate the bug but doesn't have a fix for it at this time. I can't speak for the warriors but I for one will be happy when this is fixed.

I would say most likely they don't...I have a similar bug, but rather than damage done, mine is, as the initial poster is describing, damage taken. The numbers are there at the beginning of the warfront, before I have buffed, etc. and have been there for about the past month in every match. I'd love to know what it is to get rid of it though so I can quit getting tells saying "Reported".
    Last edited by Toronth; 09-30-2012 at 09:17 PM.

It's a common bug that various players (irregardless of class) have in an almost permanent fashion. I have a few guildees that have this bug and didn't attempt to achieve it through any glitch. One day it just showed the negative value in damage taken. Every warfront they enter it's the same number value.

It's not something they glitched out. K.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast