+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Tips of the trade *For both new and old pvpers*

Default Tips of the trade *For both new and old pvpers*

As a pvper primarily, I find it very aggravating finding ppl day and night who through simple and easy methods, could improve the satisfaction, and pleasure in warfronts.
    • First thing is first, Leader, AND group, either decide if you will keep leadership of the group and mark targets and priority enemies accordingly or pass it on. *People will say that this is unecessary, and for the most part its right, however theres nothing like having some of those handy new markers on enemies to make it easier to find them in a warfrton rapidly and efficiently, not just for you but for everyone.** If, and this happens more than people care to admit, the warfront leader isnt paying attention to raid or say chat then even though annoying, try sending him messages in tells, I myself spam them into either at least acknowledging if they have lead, or passing it on. (Though that is just me lol)

• Look at the roster, and see the names on your opposing enemy team!!! The coloring of the names isnt just to destinguish people on either side but to show you what your going up against remember this. Red is a warrior, Yellow is a rouge, Purple is a Mage, Green is a cleric, and if you are like me and keep a nice long list of good and weak people, you can instantly look at the roster and see who you are going to need to mark as either a priority target and focus, or avoid as needed etc etc. **ps. everytime I see nakeystone I facepalm* Q~Q hes so mean to me D:

• Next is come to an agreement on roles, this may require some consideration, but please if you see 4dps in a group out of 5 and you have a mage or cleric role even a rouge role, a bard/chloro even a cleric is better than a dps role, *unless of course you have one but havent practiced or adjusted it* I don't think I rage as hard as when I get Kerbstomped, having 1~3 dps heroes!! Even when playin on my rouge/mage/cleric if I see our team needs the heals, I will go on my full rodeoclown RS/BARD it has helped pull some matches from certain defeat. * so please dont be afraid to think of the team first and foremost!

• Fourth, make sure buffs such as Battlemasters brew, Synthesis on a priority dpser, or even a nice Static charged shield for the entire group is up, little things such as those always need to be kept an eye on but, like anything distraction can be the death of you! Also, if like myself ur a pvp maniac then Bloodthirsty and Killing spree are a must!

• Fifth, Leader now established, roles, buffs set, establish what markings mean what, I personally use the markers as follows...
    • Skull~Priority Dps/ either friendly or enemy
    • Smiley~Rodeo Clown/ An aggressor who engages either first or is constantly being targeted by enemies
    • Green Cross~Always enemy healer, a lot easier to see from great distances when approaching a hotzone or contested area, makes it easier to make up ur mind before getting to them wether your going to stun/focus/mana drain etc
    • Squirrel~ Dominators/ Nothing more annoying than having a group full of mages who are getting their spells bounced back by reflective prescence or your healer getting drained of their mana rapidly, if not under direct threat IMMEDIATELY focus this one down, for it can become troublesome if left unchecked!!!
    • 1-4~ Are usually Enemy healers ranking in priority, with the green cross being their strongest, so if you see an enemy healer but through repeated attemtps at sniping or engaging them realize they are one of the weakest then drop the 4 on them so your team is aware of the weakness in the link and starting with them *winky face*
    • 6-8~Is usually for your teams heals/ Even though I dont reccomend it, there are times when knowing where your healer is in a crazy battlefield can help you protect them. Thought I have seen strange cases of being able to see your enemies marked targets through target of target lol so USE AT UR OWN RISK

• Now that your countdown is starting, heres a really nifty trick for finding PPL! BEWARE its pure HAXORS!!! If you followed at least some of the steps up above then you should at least have a conscious knowledge of who or what at least ur up against, so if you see some names *cough* swiftymoo, then type in /tar swiftymoo and VOILA! it will immediately target them if they are in your range or vicinity, and another usefull tip is if you dont see a rouge on your enemies side, and from the roster conclude hes not dead, if you type in his name and get nothing then it means hes stealthing SO BE WARY!!! *spooky stuff!! *

atm its all I can think of its 6am and rather than pvp I thought I could help some new or old pvpers from this hope it reaches someone! I shall leave space for further thoughts and tips please feel free to leave other LEGITIMATE ideas for other pvpers to help and improve them

But first and foremost, remember, its not just about advice and knowledge but cooperation, 1 solo wreckingball dps cant win a warfront for you if you arent in bg lol... So please as I mentioned before, think first and foremost of the team and what is needed to achieve victory.

That is all imma go to bed nao Eude~
    Last edited by 1Benevolent; 09-26-2012 at 04:32 AM.
    Esilia(Pyro/dom) Sayber(Rb/temp)
    Lenaea(Sentinel) Eude(Undecided atm)
    Former member of [Slayers] [Mayhem]

Plane Touched

Cant wait til my secret decoder glasses get here in the mail !
    Imasu@randomshard

Good tips for new playes at least. Be sure to repost it when the expansion hits. I imagine there'll be lots of newbs around then.
    @Deepwood and elsewhere
    - Hello Kitty -* Plinka *
    And The Littles
    McBaddie * Chickabowwow * Bigstaff * Bighat * Beergut
    Littlehealz * Littletop * Fireballa * Freedomfries

Some of my tips from my PvP experience:

-If you are a range/healer, please always be near a place to LoS. (its just like knowing where your emergency exits are in case of a fire at the movies but in this case its they are for not being blow up). I can't stress this enough how important LoS is in pvp and how much it has saved my life.

-When you hear a sabo placing charges on you, LoS and if you can't LoS run away from our group. This will help everyone in your party not be blown up by the charges on yourself. Really good tip and i wish more people would react this way. As a healer it really really helps me out if you guys spread out when there is sabos around.

-Don't forget to cleanse. I don't understand when a cleric has all these dom debuffs on him/herself, no one is around and he is using abilities to drain his own mana/his party. Know what is being thrown up on you and cleanse the **** out of yourself before we all wipe because you have no mana. CLEANSE SHOULDN'T BE IGNORED.

-Please, please don't be that person in library that is looking to hump everyone when they have a stone and when he is holding a stone. Happens all the time and these people don't even notice they are the ones killing themselves. Spread the hell out, don't make your healers cry.

-If you see nbs on the other team and you are a rogue. Please do your healers a favor and your team to switch to MM and purge them to death. Nbs aren't a problem if you get fell blades off. It really helps healers and other members of your party to kill them faster.

This is basically things that make me upset when players don't understand. I think these are good tips for any pvper who whats to up their game. I probably have more tips later but this is all i can think of atm.'

PS: EUDE I LOVE YOU <3333. xoxoxox
    Last edited by LOveRH; 09-26-2012 at 08:41 AM.

Ascendant

lol... wow I had no idea that was Eude (completely missed the sig).
    White Fang

Adastra@Greybriar

* Believe in the ball, and throw yourself
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

I believe one of the key things that separate players in PvP is know what abilities are being place on you and your party and what classes place what abilities. For example knowing what dom debuffs look like and what they do is a huge help your reaction time in pvp. I know as a healer what abilities are high priorities and what others that don't hurt that much makes a huge difference. By knowing this, this helps me time my heal and know what specs the enemy is around around in.

Also another important fact to good PvPing is understanding what healing debuffs look like and which ones can be cleanse and others which can't. This can tell you a lot about how to reaction and who will need more healing if they have a nasty debuff on them.

I advise players to never PvP without sound. Sound can tell you a lot about what abilities are being casted on yourself and other players. I know when i hear a small clicking sound in the distance from charges being placed on a target the first thing i do is look at where i am in comparison with the person who is about to be silenced and blown up. Know what a pyro's fireballs sound like as they hit you is also very helpful. Heatwave hurts like a mother... you have to catch it fast or your down to 50% in seconds. LOS, Heal, Cleanse and get back into the action.
    That is why people yell at me for not dying in pvp so often the reason isn't that i have a lot of HP or valor (well i kinda do but not the point), its because i'm pro about what spells a pyro or another class is casting on me and knowing how to reaction without panicing.

Being aware in PvP is what really separates good pvpers from bad.

Quote Originally Posted by LOveRH View Post
    Being aware in PvP is what really separates good pvpers from bad.
    A novel could be written based on this premise and approach of playing. It really is key and has a great depth of ways to adopt/carry out that sense of awareness.
    Last edited by Violacea; 09-26-2012 at 09:31 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Write and bind an assist macro.

Queueing solo? - Assist someone random on the team that looks like he/she might to some extend know what he/she is doing.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by micshaz View Post
    Write and bind an assist macro.

Queueing solo? - Assist someone random on the team that looks like he/she might to some extend know what he/she is doing.
    Great advice, followed right with get to know some of your fellow PvP'ers. If you get to know each other, it might be hellish if you wind up on opposing teams (or more fun), but it can also make it a little better when you're teamed up.

Warriors love a healer who is looking out for them. Mages love a rogue or a warrior or cleric who is willing to jump in and save their tail. Find some friends and get to know them. Once you know them well enough, it's amazing what a duo can do when they know what the other is thinking and how they will react (or are in vent together).

Quote Originally Posted by Marquette View Post
    Great advice, followed right with get to know some of your fellow PvP'ers. If you get to know each other, it might be hellish if you wind up on opposing teams (or more fun), but it can also make it a little better when you're teamed up.

Warriors love a healer who is looking out for them. Mages love a rogue or a warrior or cleric who is willing to jump in and save their tail. Find some friends and get to know them. Once you know them well enough, it's amazing what a duo can do when they know what the other is thinking and how they will react (or are in vent together).
    This is so true. I find I have a lot of fun when I see the same names over and over, and we get to know each other's playstyles. If we're on the same team, I'll often pocket-heal certain warriors and s/he will look out for me in return. If we're on opposing teams, we often pick fights specifically with each other!

But in all seriousness, yes, "clicking" with your teammates and recognizing patterns in their styles of play is important. Say in healing intensive WF like Library or BG, I'll run for the stone/fang (I'm chlorolock) then communicate in wf chat when I am about to drop and a healer needs to come get ready and stand by me. Then when I rez I'll run to them and heal them. Wash, rinse, repeat. I find in the best matches this doesn't even have to be said; the clerics and mages are healing each other while the rest are peeling from the former.

It's really just about paying attention to what's going on around you, using common sense, and playing to your enemy's weaknesses as well as the strengths of your companions.

Many Warriors, nowadays, will not queue WF without his pocket heal friends. Any tips/suggestions to deal with them? /cry

Quote Originally Posted by Shyessa View Post
    Many Warriors, nowadays, will not queue WF without his pocket heal friends. Any tips/suggestions to deal with them? /cry
    Hope that you have at least 5 p50s on the other team to (maybe) deal with a good pocket healed warrior.

This is all good advice. Even a few things I haven't seen (the smiley face/skull etc? Are there new marks? I haven't played in a while).

The one thing I disagree with is saying rogues ought to Bard if there's no healing. A well played DPS rogue is always better than a Bard, unless they're severely undergeared. Otherwise, I'd rather have a high tier Sab or Marksman alongside me--Bard buffs are great, but you'll be indirectly helping your team much more by going DPS--if you can actually play DPS. But I really feel like Bard is wasted on superior rogues.

But, otherwise, good stuff.
    ~Quiescent

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    The one thing I disagree with is saying rogues ought to Bard if there's no healing. A well played DPS rogue is always better than a Bard, unless they're severely undergeared. Otherwise, I'd rather have a high tier Sab or Marksman alongside me--Bard buffs are great, but you'll be indirectly helping your team much more by going DPS--if you can actually play DPS. But I really feel like Bard is wasted on superior rogues.
    y u trollin' me bro?
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast