+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By NearioNL
  • 1 Post By Jawsnap

Thread: New tactic for PVErs to win conquest

Shadowlander

Default New tactic for PVErs to win conquest

So the PVErs are tired of long games in Conquest.. With 65 percent it is almost impossible to start the timer without actually fighting and taking contested etractors.

So rather then fighting to get 65 percent. They Q for the zerg team and refust to fight letting Oath cap to 65 so they can go tag all the foci.

This needs to be fixed immediately. It is ruining conquest.

It's simplistic to think this is the case, there are many issues at play here.

Foci at the end 9, 10? award 2 ISS for one spell hit.
    End boss and minibosses award ISS
    BIS tricket is only obtainable in conquest

Conquest was working about 3 revisions ago, just after the balancing but the games were 5 to 8 hours, and that is a long time.

100% Random faction will fix a lot of it, reverting so that CM has a use again will fix a lot

But even with that it must be fiendishly hard to balance three factions. Carrots and sticks are difficult to aply in the right quantities.

hear a lot of pvp-ers who are tired of the long games as well.
    Its not only PVE-ers who have life's outside Telara ;)
    Sotiria, GM of Fade Legion.. Founder of Covenant(Argent)
    pew pew rogue
    4/4, 2/4, 1/5

Quote Originally Posted by NearioNL View Post
    hear a lot of pvp-ers who are tired of the long games as well.
    Its not only PVE-ers who have life's outside Telara ;)
    Long games were better than 10 minute games then an hour to 2 hours wait. neh?

Quote Originally Posted by Shibi View Post
    Long games were better than 10 minute games then an hour to 2 hours wait. neh?
    long game is fine
    4/5 hours games are to long. If they just give rewards for the amount you've participated and helped your faction, even if you log out before the end of a match, it wouldn't be a problem though. Then it could last for a week for all I care.
    Last edited by NearioNL; 09-26-2012 at 01:57 AM.
    pew pew rogue
    4/4, 2/4, 1/5

long game is fine
    4/5 hours games are to long. If they just give rewards for the amount you've participated and helped your faction, even if you log out before the end of a match, it wouldn't be a problem though. Then it could last for a week for all I care.
    Agreed 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Frankjb100 View Post
    So the PVErs are tired of long games in Conquest.. With 65 percent it is almost impossible to start the timer without actually fighting and taking contested etractors.

So rather then fighting to get 65 percent. They Q for the zerg team and refust to fight letting Oath cap to 65 so they can go tag all the foci.

Ruining?

It was ruined a long [Edit] time ago mate.
    Last edited by Alyn; 09-26-2012 at 05:18 AM. Reason: inappropriate langauge

Champion of Telara

long game is fine
    Funny thing is this is what i was actually expecting from Conquest....

I wasnt expecting a big warfront, i was expecting a persistent pvp map we could drop in and out of when we felt like it and periodic rewards and random boss spawns.

It all just kinda leaves me wondering what could have been, i stick to warfronts now with the occasional CQ if i can face it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pett View Post

I wasnt expecting a big warfront, i was expecting a persistent pvp map we could drop in and out of when we felt like it and periodic rewards and random boss spawns.

It all just kinda leaves me wondering what could have been, i stick to warfronts now with the occasional CQ if i can face it.
    Aye, I did expected the same when they announced it. Didnt pvp much in Rift, but that would actually get me interested. Was a bummer when I saw what it actually became
    pew pew rogue
    4/4, 2/4, 1/5

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Frankjb100 View Post

If you want to fight, que for a non-zerg team and go fight against the zerg; toughen up. The fact is the zerg faction in any given battlegroup heavily outnumbers the other factions which means they don't want to fight, they want to roll in their happy bubble that outnumbers the other faction so they can't lose. Go go carebear zergs.

No one is going to que for a team that will be vastly outnumbered, which of course is a reinforcing loop and why now when you join the zerg faction you can't find anyone to fight.

Soulwalker

Same here.
    I thought Conquest would be a persistent map where the factions are in constant battle to control.
    Could pop in and help a faction for twenty minutes or four hours, whatever you're able to do.
    Get rewarded for contribution: time and kills.

qeTWGRHAJJSDK AFHDSFD G SGzdhjkl;lkjhgfdsgggggg

Sorry, phew, i'm fine. That was just me almost choked reading the title.

conquest has become a ghostyard on the faeblight group.

dom and nightfall are now instant join..

i have noticed that at the end, now oath just zergs instead of going to the boss
    Quote Originally Posted by Noriega View Post
    You seem to be making excuses for bad changes. Cleric version of battered wife syndrome.

If you are reward for what you while you are there, it's good...being back loaded like is is now...is no so good. After this week, I will not join when it starts. If it's a weekend, I'll wait about 3 hours, do other beneficial things, then join. During the week, I just ignore when it starts, do other beneficial things, pop to renew CQ points for buffs.

+ Reply to Thread