+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Hodor
  • 1 Post By Bramir

Thread: WF and Conquest suggestions

Default WF and Conquest suggestions

For regular Warfronts please either allow a voting system to vote someone in as raid leader. Or give everyone assist when they enter. Somehow people still haven't learned to press "Y" to see that they are the raid leader. And even if you message them maybe the message gets spammed away, they don't speaka ze engrish, or any other number of factors leading to a warfront with a leader that isn't giving assist or marking targets.

On my Conquest cluster, lately I've noticed that NF or DOM will be running around with 10-15 people, meanwhile the Oath side has 30-40 people. It should not be possible for one side to get double the people of another. I know you can have 60 people in at a time, on each side, but it should not be possible to get such skewed #s. It only serves to reinforce you should then Queue Oath or don't bother. Since you don't force a random queue, your queue system needs to keep a 2nd raid and 3rd raid queued until ALL sides can have equal numbers. Once Oath has 20, everyone stays in queue. Then NF and DOM get 20, and the 2nd Oath/DOM/NF raid can begin.

Lastly I feel the emphasis on PVP has really been diminished in Conquest. There's barely any fighting any more after the recent changes to sourcestone and reduction in Excavators. It is a PVP zone. Some PVP should be brought back. I feel like more fun powerups should be hidden or randomly spawn on the map. Ones that give speed, shields, extra range, extra strong turrents. Whatever. Just stuff to switch it up and make it fun. Right now it's run from extractor to extractor. Maybe you fight once in a while: Boring.
    Since you have to at least do CQ once a week to keep your readiness III please think about these things.
    Last edited by Hodor; 09-25-2012 at 09:34 AM.

Need a /callvote shuffle
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsurfing View Post
    On my Conquest cluster, lately I've noticed that NF or DOM will be running around with 10-15 people, meanwhile the Oath side has 30-40 people. It should not be possible for one side to get double the people of another. I know you can have 60 people in at a time, on each side, but it should not be possible to get such skewed #s. It only serves to reinforce you should then Queue Oath or don't bother. Since you don't force a random queue, your queue system needs to keep a 2nd raid and 3rd raid queued until ALL sides can have equal numbers. Once Oath has 20, everyone stays in queue. Then NF and DOM get 20, and the 2nd Oath/DOM/NF raid can begin.
    This is the heart of the problem. Why are we still not using a random queue? Stop letting people pick their team and most of the rest of the problems will go away. Enough with the pointless tweaks that only screw the whole thing up more and address the elephant in the room...

BTW, for number imbalances, how should they handle a game that starts 40 v 40 v 40 and one team has 15 people who kid part way through and nobody ques up. Little extreme of an example but numbers can easily stray off balance due to people leaving conquest. I'm sure that happens often (people leaving conquest). Two parts of the balance of teams. Initial balance and maintained balance. I think maintaining balance is the hardest one. You either auto-swap people mid game, (can't force people into the game) hope people join, or deal with awful teams.

Or go to the source and make it so people don't so proactively love quitting CQ!
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Champion

Just make it a free for all. Can't have imbalanced teams without teams.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    BTW, for number imbalances, how should they handle a game that starts 40 v 40 v 40 and one team has 15 people who kid part way through and nobody ques up. Little extreme of an example but numbers can easily stray off balance due to people leaving conquest. I'm sure that happens often (people leaving conquest). Two parts of the balance of teams. Initial balance and maintained balance. I think maintaining balance is the hardest one. You either auto-swap people mid game, (can't force people into the game) hope people join, or deal with awful teams.

Or go to the source and make it so people don't so proactively love quitting CQ!
    I'm pretty sure disallowing the ability to queue for a particular faction would keep the teams even within a few people.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsurfing View Post
    For regular Warfronts please either allow a voting system to vote someone in as raid leader. Or give everyone assist when they enter.

Actually, please do away with marking opposing players, period. There are enough challenges to healing via pushback, interrupts, chain silence, etc., that I don't need a target on my head that any idiot can focus fire to make it that much harder. I get tired of spending my time in the graveyard waiting to rez because I was dumb enough to play heal spec.

Healing vs. incoming damage vs. debuffs vs. interrupts is bad enough without making the game that dumbed down with a big "Hit the healer" mark on my head. Enough of you whine when a cleric refuses to heal - welcome to the why of it. Removing raid assist and marking of opposing players would be a step in the right direction of raids getting sufficient heals again.
    Huzzah - Rogue -=- Rhowyn - Cleric
    Head Wench of <Shiny> Defiant, Wolfsbane
    (Formerly <Serenity> of Sunrest, may the shard rest in peace)

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post

People will always quit CQ, those that are maxxed (like me) will go in, get their 5k so they can hit 200k again and will leave unless they want the inscribed. The marks are pretty much useless once you got your BIS hand rune and trinket. It would be nice if marks could be used for something else. Perhaps they can be turned in for PA, Favor, or Prestige?

But anyway, it's simple to solve this problem:

Team A, B, C have 40 players.
    15 people from Team B quit.
    LOCK team A, C. They can not get more players until Team B gets to 40 again.
    Allow incentive based faction switches. To even odds, a popup will appear to team A & C and say that in return for fighting for Team B, they may receive (10%, 15%, whatever) increased rewards. Some people will switch, and then the offer will go away.
    Sides are now equal, and normal gameplay will resume.

It's either something along the lines of the above or you have random faction joining. But I don't like that.

Also, I was in a CQ raid where literally there were 19 warriors and rogues, and 1 mage. We got rolled every fight because 1 healer can not keep up with the incoming damage.

Really, some more thought needs to go into who can queue into a raid.
    Last edited by Hodor; 09-25-2012 at 10:42 PM.

Allow everyone to mark opposition players at entry would help.

Removal of marking would help.

Changing PvP marking to a temporary system to emphasize a current target (something I thought Spotter's Order would visible do when I started playing in beta) for a few seconds would be okay (like calling for an assist).
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

+ Reply to Thread