+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: 150k Favor

Default 150k Favor

Ok i have worked up to 150k favor i know thats very little for most. i am also rank 8. Will i need to buy lvl 50 pvp gear to buy lvl 60 pvp gear? or can i save my 150k favor and just spend it at lvl 60 on the new pvp gear?? Would anyone be able to awnser this question.
    60 Cleric = folgersinmycup
    2964 wisdom , 6673 spellpower,
    227 crit power, 996 pa levels
    530 hit
    Healing greater Illuminated tidesource and Nefarious shadesource

Because 150k is the limit on favor and because the expansion is two months away, I'd spend it now.

Not sure though what happens to level 50 pvp gear when the level cap rises to 60.
    @Deepwood and elsewhere
    - Hello Kitty -* Plinka *
    And The Littles
    McBaddie * Chickabowwow * Bigstaff * Bighat * Beergut
    Littlehealz * Littletop * Fireballa * Freedomfries

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffreys View Post
    Because 150k is the limit on favor and because the expansion is two months away, I'd spend it now.

Not sure though what happens to level 50 pvp gear when the level cap rises to 60.
    I'm pretty confident that you will not need level 50 gear to buy level 60 gear. I mean, why make people stop at level 50, grind a full set of gear and then make them do it again at 60. You'd basically be doubling the grind we have now.

If I were Trion I would have something along the lines of 2 sets of level 60 PvP gear, at least. The better set you could trade in the highest level of the current PvP gear (+ some favor, exactly like the current system).

The lower set of gear you could simply purchase, then trade up for the better set. That way it pays for those who have worked on getting a full pvp set at level 50, but it doesn't force those who haven't to grind level 50 gear.

Plane Touched

Make sure you skip the very first level tier of pvp gear, as it is not required to buy the tier 2 set and so on. Every piece of pvp after that requires you to have purchased the piece below it, (i.e. tier3 pvp helm requires you to have tier 2 pvp helm first).

If you want to get top tier pvp stuff, you're better off spending your favor on the tier 2 sets and upgrading that to the R50 stuff.
    Jinkeez - R50 Cleric. HK (Conq) - PF 4/4. ID 8/8.

I would be VERY surprised if the items you get at level 60 have anything to do with level 50 stuff.
    MMO VAULT (Video Game Music) ➜ https://www.youtube.com/c/VideoGameMusicSoundtrack

No, you will not need level 50 pvp gear to get 60 stuff. Spend your favor and get all the gear you can though. You can earn 150k favor again in WF's just leveling to 60 if you want. Utter waste to not spend it on gear/anything.

I am suspecting ranks will reset @ 60. Certainly won't need level 50 pvp gear.
    Last edited by Violacea; 09-24-2012 at 09:33 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

I honestly don't think they even need to reset "ranks" with the expansion, provided the gear gap is narrowed and/or you still need to get sets and "trade up" to get to the higher end stuff.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Telaran

Wow, I'm surprised by the responses here.

I would have expected the level 60 pvp gear to be locked behind the 50 stuff.

Why wouldn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Knutplate View Post

Why wouldn't it?
    How much level 40 gear did you grind to get your 50 stuff?

Why would it?

It doesn't make any sense and I have a feeling you have not played an MMO during the time of a level cap raise. There is no logic behind doing it, won't happen.

Typically for any MMO, when the cap raises, EVERYTHING at level 50 is just old nostalgia. It means nothing. Everything you have now, every piece of gear - it won't mean anything after a month or two invested in SL level 60 gameplay.
    Last edited by Violacea; 09-24-2012 at 09:51 AM.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Knutplate View Post

Why wouldn't it?

So, if a lot of new players join RIFT when SL drops like we are all hoping for population sake do you think they should lvl 1-60 and once they reach 50, grind an additional 50 prestige levels before they are able to get lvl 60 prestige gear? Sorry buddy I dont think TRION is stupid enough to do this. It just makes no sense.
    Last edited by Tiiren; 09-24-2012 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    How much level 40 gear did you grind to get your 50 stuff?

Why would it?
    Level 40 stuff =/= level 50 stuff.
    It is not as easily comparable as you make it sounds Violacea.

After level 50 your achievements before hand determine what you get later on.
    Or it used to, its a bit more indirect for PvE than PvP.

For example in PvE.
    Once you hit 50 you do something like this

t1 expert ~~~>t2 expert ~~~>GP/DH~~~>GSB/ROS~~~>HK/ROTP~~~>ID/PF.

Right now you can cut this down thorugh marks from dailies.

Now seeing as how it was stated you'll be able to hold ID gear up for even the new raids, they may do something similar for PvP.

It used to be this.

r2->r4->r6->r8 (screw you I like the old numbers).

Now it is

r4->r6->r8->r10 (this is 50 for those confused)

They may do something similar where instead of having to progress, they cut off a part of it like they did these last few patches.

So it will probably mean in the future you progress in this fashion.

r8 (soothsayer and the like) ~~~>r10 (rank 50 stuff)~~~> whatever else is here.

Since keep in mind, just because you go above level 50 doesn't guarantee you will get better stuff.
    Since ID gear will give people a bit of a headstart, I am sure it will be the same with PvP.

The rank 50 stuff will give you a bit of a headstart above other people who do not have r50 stuff, but ultimately will replace it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aguni View Post
    stuff
    No, it is as easy as I make it sound. You will not need level 50 pvp gear at 60. I didn't even bother reading that. It wouldn't change the fact that....you won't need to progress 50 pvp gear at 60.

I read your last line. You are talking about a completely different thing. You people make my head hurt. 50 pvp gear being useful to have on heading into SL has nothing to do with end game 60 pvp requiring purchases of 50 pvp gear.

Welcome to your first level cap raise too.
    Last edited by Violacea; 09-24-2012 at 10:00 AM.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Uhm, I think you did not understand the first question correctly.

He asked if he will need to purchase the R50 gear to be able to purchase later on the R60 gear. I would say yes. At the last pvp update when they changed the ranks, you still needed to buy the previous R40 gear to buy the R50 gear, so what makes you think they will now abbandon that with the R50 to R60 gear?

I am sure you will not need to purchase the R30 gear anymore and maybe not R40, but I am sure you will certainly need to purchase the R50 gear first and not be able to just buy the R60 gear with plain favor. That's how they did it in the past and I am sure they will do it again.
    Last edited by Elendria; 09-24-2012 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elendria View Post
    He asked if he will need to purchase the R50 gear to be able to purchase later on the R60 gear. I would say yes. At the last pvp update when they changed the ranks, you still needed to buy the previous R40 gear to buy the R50 gear, so what makes you think they will now abbandon that with the R50 to R60 gear?
    The fact that R50 gear is designed for level 50 players and any new expansion-tier gear will likely be designed for level 60 players?

I would expect there will be "new" gear for various tiers between P1 and Pxx, and you'll need to upgrade each tier the same way you do now, but "today's" P50 shouldn't be required for "tomorrow's" P60.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast