+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Very few ranked WF's

Rift Disciple

Default Very few ranked WF's

Has anyone else seen an immense decrease in the number of ranked WF's?

I can count on one hand the number of times my r50 toon has been in a ranked WF in the last week. A guildie and I ran Whitefall together and we cleaned house, accounting for 75% of the KBs in the match. The other team was woefully undergeared and underranked.

This is confirmed when I get on my sub-r30 alts and see plenty of 50's running around wiping everyone out. It was an unranked match. Needless to say, losing Port Scion matches 1000-18 and 1000-143 isn't fun ... and indeed, I wasn't in a single ranked PS match this entire weekend, regardless of which char I played.

It's quite a problem - perhaps as bad (if not worse) than the twinking "problem" a while back.

If you're a r50 and want some competition you won't get any.

If you're sub r50 you're gonna get rocked.

The ranking system was supposed to at least make it a bit competitive, but if everyone is thrown in together ... well ... that's not gonna life fun for the lowbies.

There isn't enough high ranks and even if there was enough there isn't enough good pvp'ers. this is the main problem.

which is why trion opted for normlaization imo
    Last edited by Izualy; 09-23-2012 at 10:41 PM.

Plane Touched

before 1.10 9/10 matches where ranked, after 1.10 4/10 are ranked

Quote Originally Posted by steebu View Post

If you're a r50 and want some competition you won't get any.

If you're sub r50 you're gonna get rocked.
    You make it sound like it goes out of its way to mis-match games.

Though I have seen some oddly mix-matched wins recently. Had a few games where the other team was loaded with clerics/mages that were healing, but lost to a team full of rogues/warriors and maybe a chloro mage. One group had no heals and beat this team of heavy heals. Was so silly and slanted that the heal teams didn't have the damage to make it matter. See some odd games sometimes, part of the fun. Had a lot of really close games recently too.
    Last edited by Violacea; 09-23-2012 at 11:33 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post

Though I have seen some oddly mix-matched wins recently. Had a few games where the other team was loaded with clerics/mages that were healing, but lost to a team full of rogues/warriors and maybe a chloro mage. One group had no heals and beat this team of heavy heals. Was so silly and slanted that the heal teams didn't have the damage to make it matter. See some odd games sometimes, part of the fun. Had a lot of really close games recently too.
    healers can reset the fight for some dps or prolonge the agony for other dps

the only thing i like about my cleric is that sometimes i swap roles, for instance i go healing and take codex, then i go dps and cap the other points, happened few times

Ascendant

Low PvP population leads to bad match ups and ****ty warfronts. ****ty warfronts lead to lower population, which leads to ****tier warfronts... which leads to lower population... which leads to.....

But at least we have instant queues, right?

Or do we even have that anymore? Been too busy with D3 this week.
    Last edited by Nefelia; 09-24-2012 at 12:23 AM.

Ascendant

Not all games are poorly matched, but the number of bad matches has been increasing. Non-peak times on the Seastone/Deepwood cluster are a farce, and Port Scion becomes the best chance for balanced matches due to the diffusive power of large numbers.

Being at the losing end of a string of unbalanced games is rather demoralizing. People throw in the towel, log out, and the population problem gets worse.

Rift Disciple

That wasn't my intent. It's just that it seems like there are very few ranked matches now and as a result, 50's are getting thrown in with rank 2's making an all-around bad experience.

Have you been in many ranked matches? Has the r50 population decreased that much?

As an aside, I did get in a very good Port Scion yesterday that ended 1000-997 ... but those are few and far between.
    Last edited by steebu; 09-24-2012 at 07:52 AM.

It is not that there aren't enough rank 50 people.
    It is simply because not all rank 50's PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by steebu View Post

Have you been in many ranked matches? Has the r50 population decreased that much?
    I still see them pop up plenty of times, but I don't keep a keen eye out for it. I know it's been a very long time since I was tossed in a lower rank match. That used to happen a few times during odd hours a couple months ago.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Id say people are just tired of warfronts in general. Especially when you factor in they've relatively been the same since beta, outside of the small escalation changes, and conquest makes it ridiculously easy to max favor/prestige in a short amount of time. I for one dont even waste my time with warfronts anymore.

GSB Conq/ROS Conq/HK Conq/ID Conq
    4/4 TotDQ
    4/4 FT
    2/5 EE
    <The Chosen>

Rift Chaser

I think they are just more accurately naming the warfronts as unranked since the last patch. Up until then many supposedly ranked warfronts were really filled with mostly lower ranked toons from what I could tell...

Plane Touched

I see maybe one per day of 2-4 hours of WF queing. The last one I was in, 2 out of the first 5 players in on my team were lower than rank 10 including the raid leader. This was a 39-50 match :P

The other team seemed to have just as many low ranks in their gang as well. 3 hits tops and they were all deaded =/
    Imasu@randomshard

I always found ranked matches were few..
    but forget ranked matches.. for even the ones that were, didn't feel like it due to the unbalanced roles..
    Besides a shorter que time, is there any other reason for the merc system? no. there should be though. it should be like que'ing for a dungeon.. Trion sure can tell us who is dps, a tank, and healer when we are in the match, but they can't divvy the roles out on the teams to balance it?
    Especially when it's a healing WF like the black garden or the lib.. I've been on teams where we had a more variety of roles, and the other teams majority were healers. so it was like our 1 or 2 healers vs there 4-6. or a team full of rogue, etc..
    When you que for a WF you should chose the role you will play. yes, this would limit to people changing roles once in the WF but it would make things A LOT more balanced. no more having all rogues and warriors with maybe one mage or cleric on a team vs a team with all clerics and mages and 1 or 2 wars/rogues. I don't even que anymore because of how unbalanced WF's are; getting into a ranked match is rare enough, but a balanced ranked match, forget it..

I sure agree about class composition. It matters far more than rank and gear IME.
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast