+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Speed Flag Pickups... (Codex / Whitefall)???

Telaran

Default Speed Flag Pickups... (Codex / Whitefall)???

I've been working on some achieves in warfronts lately and have observed some behavior that I wanted to ask about.

Specifically, I've seen players be able to pick up flags while under fire from other players - and wonder how is this done?

I've seen single players under fire (both melee and casting) lift flags in both codex and also the sourcestones in Whitefall.

How is this being done?

Is this method a skill, a trick, or a hack?

When I try to cap something, it seems that a small breeze can reset me - while others appear nuke proof.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Knutplate View Post
    I've been working on some achieves in warfronts lately and have observed some behavior that I wanted to ask about.

Specifically, I've seen players be able to pick up flags while under fire from other players - and wonder how is this done?

I've seen single players under fire (both melee and casting) lift flags in both codex and also the sourcestones in Whitefall.

How is this being done?

When I try to cap something, it seems that a small breeze can reset me - while others appear nuke proof.

Thanks!
    Well you if you have puri put a shield on you and you pick it up. You absorb the dmg and you shouldn't get interrupted. I know if if tanking warriors have any shields but that is how i assume its always done. Unless you happen to ninja it when no one is hitting you like a boss <-- done this before.

I'd think if that was the case then the Riftstalker DP would allow you to pick them up too. I know that portion gets interrupted.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

100% absorbs cause attacks taken to not interrupt, because you take no damage.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Knutplate View Post

How is this being done?

Thanks!
    Like others have mentioned, it's a mix of things.

- A small gap in AoE coverage, the max range you can grab a stone/flag is a few meters, so it's fairly easy to hit one person at max range, and miss the other player on the opposite side standing at max range.

- Shields with 100% absorb can allow you to pickup (unless this was changed/fixed).

- Defensive lapse, ie. if constant aoe stops for even 1 second or so, then chances are someone will eventually grab it.

- I believe dodges work too, so rogues with Side Steps active can grab it (with some rng).

Personally, I don't like the whole interrupt mechanic, but I get why it's there.
    White Fang

Adastra@Greybriar

General of Telara

They changed it so abosrb shields do not protect from interupt a long time ago. That goes for WF's only open world you can still shield cap things. Unless they unnerfed it and I don't know about it.

Earthen runes.

Plane Touched

What class was it picking up the FC? I'm betting it was a dmg immune rogue if not simply
    - A small gap in AoE coverage, the max range you can grab a stone/flag is a few meters, so it's fairly easy to hit one person at max range, and miss the other player on the opposite side standing at max range.
    and yeah puri shields dont block the interrupt.
    Last edited by Sihpa; 09-25-2012 at 07:27 AM.
    Imasu@randomshard

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Sihpa View Post
    What class was it picking up the FC? I'm betting it was a dmg immune rogue if not simply and yeah puri shields dont block the interrupt.
    Riftstalker's Scatter the Shadows does not work anymore (I think this was patched out like around Whitefall Escalation release? Maybe earlier, I don't know.)
    White Fang

Adastra@Greybriar

Plane Touched

Something makes rogues, and my 51justi/3shm troll spec, go dmg immune at various times. Where you would normally see damage numbers scrolling above the toons head all you see is "IMMUNE".. which lasts around 3ish seconds or so. During this time they are still mobile.

I've never seen a mage or warrior have this happen to them, but the rogue version of this is a common occurrence. Daily in fact. My cleric has only gotten this IMMUNE message under heavy fire from multiple sources to get it to fire off and I cant pin point why it happens. I can tell im immune because theres no teammates around, 5-10 badguys all unloading on me, and ive not popped a shield or anything yet my health is only going upwards from salvation procs.
    Imasu@randomshard

Telaran

Something makes rogues, and my 51justi/3shm troll spec, go dmg immune at various times. Where you would normally see damage numbers scrolling above the toons head all you see is "IMMUNE".. which lasts around 3ish seconds or so. During this time they are still mobile.

I've never seen a mage or warrior have this happen to them, but the rogue version of this is a common occurrence. Daily in fact. My cleric has only gotten this IMMUNE message under heavy fire from multiple sources to get it to fire off and I cant pin point why it happens. I can tell im immune because theres no teammates around, 5-10 badguys all unloading on me, and ive not popped a shield or anything yet my health is only going upwards from salvation procs.
    This is the effect I was referring to in my opening post.

I still don't know how to trigger it, or defend against it though.

Plane Touched

Just to follow up on this a small bit, at 51 justi/3shm a clerics mitigation for non-physical should be at 52% without valor added. Thats 34% from Thorvin's Law + 15% from Shield of Faith +3% from Thick Skinned.

For physical it would be 18% from Supremacy + 15% from Shield of Faith + 3% from Thick Skinned for a total of 36% before armor and valor are added in.

My typical "tanking" (read as either FF'd healer or troll spec) valor puts me at 55%+ damage reduction from players. Troll spec has around 35-40% physical damage reduction from armor I think. Now I understand the calculation isnt straight additive or id be running around immune to everything. Yet at some point it appears the 100% mitigation threshold is breached on rare occasions.

I imagine something similar is happening with rogue's, I just dont know enough about them, and its much more common for them to go into this immune state. Its a daily thing to see them go immune so I know more of you out there have seen this. Thats not to confuse it with whatever bug causes them to hang at 1hp, like the old Overload bug did to clerics. You still see the damage numbers on those guys, and are interruptable/CCable, just not killable for the duration.

Sorry mages/warriors you've been excluded from this one.
    Imasu@randomshard

I have actually had this happen to my warrior. Actively beating the crap the out of someone and I get immunity messages and they get the stone anyway.

Plane Touched

Taken from another thread,
    Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    i enjoy cleric dps, their spells do "IMMUNE" damage to me.
    There is at least one rogue out there that has first-hand knowledge of this.
    Imasu@randomshard

used to be warriors that stood like ages under focus fire indestructblr,without health bar, now are rogues

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast