+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Award MoC for time in game

Default Award MoC for time in game

If we are going to have 4-8 hour CQ, can we have some MoC granted say every hour of play time? 25 per hour as long as your capping or killing. When matches drag on for half the day, people that were in game for a few hours deserve to be rewarded even though they may have had to quit to go do things like eat, sleep, work etc. Four hours in to a match and people were afraid to poop because they didn't want to have to queue again, that's not right.

Negative .
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Negative .
    Do it for the poopers damnit!

Shadowlander

25 MoC just for being in the game?

1) join CQ, leave your group and go AFK someplace where nobody will find you
    2) watch a movie
    3) collect MoC

Quote Originally Posted by Tehh View Post

2) watch a movie
    3) Get booted for position camping
    You have to move every now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by Aguni View Post
    You'd think that, wouldn't you?
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

2) watch a movie
    3) collect MoC
    You get kicked automatically for doing that right now.

I also said killing and capping were a requirement to get the MoC

L2read or troll better.
    Last edited by Bliter; 09-23-2012 at 08:41 PM. Reason: removed superfluous a

25 MoC seems fair for an hour of killing and capping. Ask the folks who just spent three hours getting massacred for about that many... For three hours invested.

I was on the winning faction so I got 15 more than they did. Yeehaw....

Rift Chaser

on the question of AFK-ing: you have to interact with your keyboard reasonably frequently in CQ, otherwise you get kicked back to Sanctum/ Meridian. Sure, people could simply bot to get their rewards, but then you're risking your entire account for a few, ultimately valueless MoCs.

I support the awarding of MoCs for time in game, because at the moment, MoCs create an incentive to end the game early.

If you *are* saving for a trinket or synrgy crystal or rune, then you need MoCs; which are only awarded at the end of the game. This creates an incentive to end the game sooner, if possible; the worst-case scenario is currently observable on th Faeblight cluster: people asking in chat if CQ has entered the final phase, and queueing only *then*. That was the whole motivation for reducing the final phase from 10 to 5 mins - to make it harder for people to skip the whole CQ but still get their rewards. Having MoCs at the end *penalises* those people who wish to play CQ in the way intended - the longer you drag it out, the fewer MoCs per hour you earn, thus the longer the grind. Awarding MoCs for time in game *rewards* people who are playing it properly, playing a long game. And y'know, it's always a good idea to positively reward people for doing things they way you want them to...

And ultimately, it won't matter: MoCs are only needed for a limited number of items; once you have all of them (or all of them that you want); they are useless currency. Two of my r50s have hundreds of unusable MoCs on them; awarding me more on those characters doesn't affect me one way or another (awarding less likewise).

So yeah: awarding MoCs for time in-game is a good idea, and one which positively reinforces the playing of CQ as a long game.

Ascendant

A reward for participation and time (as measure by actual game related actions like capping/killing/gathering) is definitely a must. As a married man with two jobs, I simply can not commit to long uninterrupted play.

If I do manage to spend two active hours in conquest, there is no reason I should not be rewarded just because work pulls me away from the last 15 minutes.

2) watch a movie
    3) collect MoC
    ~25 MoC just for being there at the end of the game?

1) let friend join CQ, do something else
    2) when CQ is nearly finished friend notifies you
    3) join in last 5 minutes and collect MoC

My point? People will always find ways to game the system.
    Biz - L60/P81 Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Bliter View Post
    Do it for the poopers damnit!
    he's right...

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Naesraen View Post
    on the question of AFK-ing: you have to interact with your keyboard reasonably frequently in CQ, otherwise you get kicked back to Sanctum/ Meridian. Sure, people could simply bot to get their rewards, but then you're risking your entire account for a few, ultimately valueless MoCs.

I support the awarding of MoCs for time in game, because at the moment, MoCs create an incentive to end the game early.

If you *are* saving for a trinket or synrgy crystal or rune, then you need MoCs; which are only awarded at the end of the game. This creates an incentive to end the game sooner, if possible; the worst-case scenario is currently observable on th Faeblight cluster: people asking in chat if CQ has entered the final phase, and queueing only *then*. That was the whole motivation for reducing the final phase from 10 to 5 mins - to make it harder for people to skip the whole CQ but still get their rewards. Having MoCs at the end *penalises* those people who wish to play CQ in the way intended - the longer you drag it out, the fewer MoCs per hour you earn, thus the longer the grind. Awarding MoCs for time in game *rewards* people who are playing it properly, playing a long game. And y'know, it's always a good idea to positively reward people for doing things they way you want them to...

And ultimately, it won't matter: MoCs are only needed for a limited number of items; once you have all of them (or all of them that you want); they are useless currency. Two of my r50s have hundreds of unusable MoCs on them; awarding me more on those characters doesn't affect me one way or another (awarding less likewise).

So yeah: awarding MoCs for time in-game is a good idea, and one which positively reinforces the playing of CQ as a long game.
    I agree with 100% of this post. MoC gains are pretty horrid when Conquest games run for a decent length of time. While changing this alone may or may not "revive" Conquest, it should definitely feel more rewarding regardless of how long a Conquest runs.
    White Fang

Adastra@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Aguni View Post
    Gosh then it'll be like the aion log in time awards for their events:

*tapes W and D to run in circles while I watch a movie*
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by Kyera View Post
    You'd think that, wouldn't you?
    That is how it works currently.
    If you sit in an area for around two or three minutes you get booted.
    A guildie of mine got stuck under the stairs and could not move at all from their position and was booted.

If you die and stay like that it force respawns you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast