+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Violacea
  • 1 Post By Grimt

Thread: Thoughts on Coming PVP stuff...and some wishes....

Rift Disciple

Default Thoughts on Coming PVP stuff...and some wishes....

While I've been heavily watching the SL updates and vids I've been wondering what the future holds for PVP in Rift. I'm trying to get this done before the timer resests so excuse the spelling. Once again these are my thoughts....and of course wishes....

1. An open zone(open world) for nothing but PVP, heck the new world is big enough to support it.
    2. In Liue of above have a huge castle we must conquer and hold with destructable walls, etc, etc. This could have all kinds of goodies, maybe I will post in another separate thread.
    3. A new warfront. I am wishing for a 2v2 WF that you can only group for or have installed a grouping system that matches you correctly. I.E with a boss that is the goal for the WF that you and your team mate has to kill, included with a timer. Just think of Arena+
    4. I'm not a big fan of Arena matches, but I'm not against them. IF they do put one in please don't give out gear as rewards it should be cosmetics only, not elavated gear for advanatage.
    5. I'm hoping for a strictly PVP mount for us solely PVP players.
    6. I'd love to see PVP quests that actually have effect to the factions city and players. Alas this should be for another post as well...
    7. I made another post a while back regarding the existing WF's and how they could add little things to make them unique, these wouldn't be ALL the time though...these WF's would be random and I think could be a unique hit for Rift...i.e. imagine a planar boss spawning in WFS's match....who needs the source stones for something and he/she/it eats them or steals them from the most controlling team. Now, you have another thread instead of the other players. i.e. hell, it is RIFT how about a RIFT storm (that spawns at a randmo point that moves toward the outbreak fo fighting) that kills you instantly on contact or throws you WAY out combat if you are unlucky enough to get caught in it.

Ok, 7 is enough for now...only hopes and wishes....
    Best,
    Bal

Rift Disciple

2v2 id rather go with 5v5 more fun and less ******** as for the whole gear thing i think that having it give the ability to help you get the current tier which you can get from wfs would be a nice alternate way to get the gear but nothing better then what others can get off of wfs I also think that conquest should not have a better gear selection either since many ppl do no like conquest

we already have pvp mounts btw

Quote Originally Posted by Xeratos View Post
    2v2 id rather go with 5v5 more fun and less ******** as for the whole gear thing i think that having it give the ability to help you get the current tier which you can get from wfs would be a nice alternate way to get the gear but nothing better then what others can get off of wfs I also think that conquest should not have a better gear selection either since many ppl do no like conquest

we already have pvp mounts btw
    def not a mount people would pvp for... POST level 50.
    Zoartype@Deepwood

I still would kill to have the guardian pvp mount They get a lush cool animal with nice blue particle effects. Defiants get a rust bucket with dim flames.

WTB FACTION BETRAYAL.
    Last edited by Violacea; 09-02-2012 at 05:28 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post

WTB FACTION BETRAYAL.
    That's an interesting concept. What if you could betray your team in a WF for favor, essentially selling yourself to the other team? The ultimate merc! You'd click on a button that offered your services to the other team for a set amount of favor, and players on the other team could pledge a contribution toward that amount until it was reached ... or not. If you merc'd in that manner and didn't contribute some minimal healing, dps, or combination thereof you'd lose the favor and it would be returned to the players who contributed it.

I'm not actually serious here, but it happened all the time in feudal times so it wouldn't be all that farfetched.

Rift Disciple

yeah, I know we have a mount...but hey don't we need a new one by now? I mean the raiders get to have one...look at the mount Elrar is riding...that drops in the most recent raid now....I wanna a new pvp mount!

yeah, I was just saying 2v2 before the timer went out...i wouldn't mind 3v3 or 5v5....but the boss in there would make it something more...evolving the pvp arena matches and give it something a little more umph and challenge.

I just want to be able to properly t-bag people from my guild when im/they're merc'd and i kill one of them
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

Quote Originally Posted by Robes View Post
    I just want to be able to properly t-bag people from my guild when im/they're merc'd and i kill one of them
    Stand on top of them and continually hit your 'drink'.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

+ Reply to Thread