+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Time to fix Conquest

Quote Originally Posted by Archemys View Post

And that brings me to another topic. Mega Turrets. They simply do way too much dps. Over kill would be an appropriate term for them. They shouldn't be doing 40k dps or whatever they're doing. I'd like to see some changes tested w\ turrets.
    The mega turrets at the bases are intended to be overpowered. Trion has said several times that Conquest isn't meant to be a siege WF, and your entire group is supposed to die if you try to turn it into one. Everybody complained in the early days about massive spawn camping, so you don't get to do that either.

Rift Chaser

I'm in the Wolfsbane-Faeblight cluster, and I don't mind the long games. The games seem to go long enough to have some ebb and flow sometimes and develop a little character, its almost like they are campaigns instead of battles.

Things they need to fix are pretty short:

1) 4000 or 5000 kills works for me or 60% map control, keep the 10 minute countdown for winning, but entirely ditch everything that happens once there is a winner

2) completely redo the rewards. The overall amount of them for doing a full Conquest seems pretty fair to me, but the back end weighting is ridiculous. Give rewards, including Marks, over time with a minor reward for winning at the end. Stop the incentives for people to spam 50 chat asking about Conquest so they can jump in for Marks at the 10 minute timer.

3) Again, just to repeat, the Foci and boss is an abysmal failure; its got to go

4) The difference in rewards between having a Sourcestone near and not is too extreme, also if you're going to give Unseen rep in Conquest when a Sourcestone is around, at least give like 2 per kill when they're not.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechar View Post
    I'm in the Wolfsbane-Faeblight cluster, and I don't mind the long games. The games seem to go long enough to have some ebb and flow sometimes and develop a little character, its almost like they are campaigns instead of battles.

Things they need to fix are pretty short:

1) 4000 or 5000 kills works for me or 60% map control, keep the 10 minute countdown for winning, but entirely ditch everything that happens once there is a winner

2) completely redo the rewards. The overall amount of them for doing a full Conquest seems pretty fair to me, but the back end weighting is ridiculous. Give rewards, including Marks, over time with a minor reward for winning at the end. Stop the incentives for people to spam 50 chat asking about Conquest so they can jump in for Marks at the 10 minute timer.

3) Again, just to repeat, the Foci and boss is an abysmal failure; its got to go

4) The difference in rewards between having a Sourcestone near and not is too extreme, also if you're going to give Unseen rep in Conquest when a Sourcestone is around, at least give like 2 per kill when they're not.
    I agree with all of those and have only one major addition I'd like to see ... give more points for maintaining control of adjacent extractors than for isolated ones. That would strongly encourage people to group up for BOTH attacking and defending, and probably result in some heavy battles for key extractors at territory borders. It would also create a reason for small teams of stealth attackers to sneak behind enemy lines to knock out a centrally located extractor.

Unfortunately, I'm getting the impression that Trion is pretty much happy with Conquest the way it is.
    Last edited by Grimt; 09-04-2012 at 11:02 AM.

New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Rift Disciple

That is epic and oh so true it feels like sometimes.

I'm not saying to disable the turrets at the bases... just not have them doing 40k dps and not let people drag the mini bosses to those turrets to kill.

Can still give them a ton of HP and do enough damage to discourage a seige type situation... but the current range and dps of them is overkill.
    <Coriolis>
    Archemys

I really dread doing conquest. I just don't find it fun. I really wanted to like it but I don't.

One change i hope goes through (assuming it hasnt already, havent played in about a week and a half), moving bosses.

There is absolutely no reason why a boss should move from its current position (assuming we MUST have bosses to begin with /eyeroll). This would at least, cause more clashes. Also, you should have to do a certain amount of damage to a boss to get credit.

Also, less extractors. MUCH LESS!!! And make portable heal turrets and portable damage turrets purchaceable with favor (assuming they arent currently, i havent found them, so i assume they are craft only). Maybe making more powerful ones craft necessary.

That would increase strats a bit.

Probably making 5 people the maximum amount an aoe can hit!
    Last edited by Eughe; 09-04-2012 at 12:56 PM.

Soulwalker

I have an idea that I think would fix some of the problems people have with Conquest and make them more fun at the same time.

ADD quests to Conquest.... some idea are

1. kill 50 from 1 faction( one of these for each of the 2 your not in)
    2. kill 10 enemy extractors
    3. kill 25 differnt extractors
    4. gain controll of 10 extractors
    5. Gain controll of 25 differnt extractors
    6. upgrade 25 turetts

make the rewards for these nice so people want to finish them

also another idea, change the way minis pop, have them pop 1 at a time in the same spot the boss spawns, 1 every 30 minutes(first mini pops after 30 minutes, then 30 minutes after he dies the next ). This would bring everyone together for some good melee.

I think these changes would give everyone a reason to move around more, mix it up and you should see kills go much faster which would shorten the time a conquest takes and keep things rolling while there going on with rewards spread out.
    Last edited by Viencent; 09-04-2012 at 04:19 PM.

Plane Touched

On seastone cluster Oathsworn avoid pvp like its the plague and as Nightfall we chase them around til OS caps 60% Dom usually doesnt have the ppl to make a difference and tend to want the game to end as fast as possible as well. Map needs to revert back to the way it was and we need need random team ques.They could change the required 60% to 70% to start timer,that would make people more likely to go for kill count. Need to put the pvp back in Conquest.

Did OS swear an oath to avoid pvp at all cost?

Rift Disciple

For the love of all that is good: please fix the (insert explicative), non-random ques. There is nothing more frustrating than not being able to get into any faction other than Dominion, especially when they are undermanned 99% of the time (read not be able to join Conquest for days on end). Thanks.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Robes View Post
    Get good at queuing.
    You meant, 'click faster', right?

Oh and while we're at it, how about fixing having to read Conquest chat when you're not even in/que'd for it. There's nothing more annoying (Conquest related) then having been ported out at the end of a match and having to continue to watch dialog from your team.

Pretty sure we could get a random queue fix in about a week.. why wait for expansion to fix?

Ascendant

People are just dumb. I love people mark farming by tagging not getting any marks because they don't actually kill anything.

I just attack others and kill them in the final stage anyways, because I don't need marks and people say dumb things to me when I kill them like it is some sort of crime.

Nothing is dumber than players running by red players at the end to just tag another mark.
    Codex + 1 = Suck on a Gun

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Mirimon View Post
    We have already established this.. perhaps you misread?

yeah.. it's supposed to be that way, doing so during foci phase also reduces the boss hp pool when he spawns. Currently people are ignoring all of this, and waiting to pvp again only after the boss pops, and in the last few days, only pvp, and never killing the boss, robbing each other of valuable rewards.
    For the record the boss does not offer valuable rewards. I get no useful reward for killing the boss, so killing other players is the only point. I don't care if the boss dies or not.. Wow 5 more marks to go with a ll the other marks overflowing from all my closets and chests of drawers.
    Codex + 1 = Suck on a Gun

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast