+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By Lords0fpain

Thread: bounty system?

Default bounty system?

Believe uo had this, you can do it on a guild or individual basis. 1st person to get the killing blow gets the reward, in the case of guilds, you have to kill a certain number of players (not the same ones over and over). Everyone can see who put the bounty on who. Maybe a starting reward of 5 to 10 plat. Naturally, the funds have to be put up front. What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Lords0fpain; 08-27-2012 at 10:39 AM.

Wow, a way to incentivize world PVP and make PVP a viable source of cash?

Yes please.
    ~Quiescent

I mostly just want WF's to start recognizing my 20 - 30 kill streaks via accolades.

Maybe this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqMVXX6VEYw
    Last edited by Violacea; 08-27-2012 at 10:49 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

I was thinking warfronts. This was a mood for cs servers I loved. Someone gets to many kills the sever automatically put a bounty on their head. Good times.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Lords0fpain View Post
    Believe uo had this, you can do it on a guild or individual basis. 1st person to get the killing blow gets the reward, in the case of guilds, you have to kill a certain number of players (not the same ones over and over). Everyone can see who put the bounty on who. Maybe a starting reward of 5 to 10 plat. Naturally, the funds have to be put up front. What do you guys think?
    Never occurred to me, but yes that would be interesting. +1
    EvanX / Nihilist / Insurgent

Excellent idea.

Just putting my own spin on it (from what I've seen in other games): I'd suggest a largely automated system where every time people kill each other in open world PvP, they get a bounty on their heads. Each time they kill, their priorities on some kind of ranking board - I'm thinking a UI look similar to the leaderboards - goes up as does the reward for killing them. If you kill them, or participate in killing them, you get a quest item loot drop that can be redeemed at an NPC for the reward amount that they were at when you killed them.

Every time people are killed, their priority rankings and associated rewards reset to the lowest rank above 0 - unless they've never killed anyone, in which case they won't even show up as a bounty.

In this way, it would become like a game of leap frog in terms of people killing each other. Players high on the bounty board could even have warnings next to their names that they are incredibly dangerous. The reset on death would prevent people from farming each other for plat.

We've got leaderboards.

Turn them into bounty boards.

Profit!
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyera View Post
    We've got leaderboards.

Turn them into bounty boards.

Profit!
    How can you kill that which has no life?
    ~Quiescent

Last edited by Kyera; 08-27-2012 at 05:57 PM.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

~Quiescent

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    So.. .. .. .

Fan Out?
    Fan Out w/ Silver Tip Munitions.

Also good against lycanthropes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax1114 View Post
    Excellent idea.

Just putting my own spin on it (from what I've seen in other games): I'd suggest a largely automated system where every time people kill each other in open world PvP, they get a bounty on their heads. Each time they kill, their priorities on some kind of ranking board - I'm thinking a UI look similar to the leaderboards - goes up as does the reward for killing them. If you kill them, or participate in killing them, you get a quest item loot drop that can be redeemed at an NPC for the reward amount that they were at when you killed them.

Every time people are killed, their priority rankings and associated rewards reset to the lowest rank above 0 - unless they've never killed anyone, in which case they won't even show up as a bounty.

In this way, it would become like a game of leap frog in terms of people killing each other. Players high on the bounty board could even have warnings next to their names that they are incredibly dangerous. The reset on death would prevent people from farming each other for plat.
    That would work too. Having people put up their own funds, certainly makes it more interesting and curves abuse. Trion would not have a bounty over 1 to 2 plat, if pvpers are lucky. Individuals/guilds can put up as much as they like. Things like achievements, mounts, titles, consumables,etc. Can be given out to the bounty hunters, issuers, and the hunted. Just a thought. Also, the system can auto put out a bounty on the people that collect them. Talk about interesting, with the people around you, when you collect, lol.
    Last edited by Lords0fpain; 08-28-2012 at 10:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax1114 View Post
    Excellent idea.

Interesting. It might be even more interesting if they were auto-marked by the game to identify them any time they were flagged for PvP. Right now markings assigned by players show up as white numbers .... maybe the auto-marks could be red or something. The actual number assigned could even represent the level of the bounty.

Probably, want a time frame on it. Such as, only one bounty can be put on a person in a 72 hour,one week, 24 hour period. You can put as many as you like, anytime. Since ppl put up their own funds and that person can only be collected on once in a set period, farming does not make much sense.

+ Reply to Thread