+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By SnowT
  • 1 Post By Grimt

Thread: Conquest.. .. to make Better try this..

Shadowlander

Default Conquest.. .. to make Better try this..

I like some of the changes to conquest..

BUT I feel that there needs to be a REWARD for charging up the turret's at the extractor's.. [Say 1 conquest shard per charge point on a turret..]
    - Auto click the Crystal if you are close to the extractor's unless they are already charged..

More Marks of Conquest for Winning the Match...

The List could go on & on & on..

the top 2 are the one's I think should be action-ed on..
    J

Ascendant

the thing is (while i also think there should be a reward):

the towers must mean something, especially uped ones. right now they die so fast, they not really a help. Upgrading them must give them more hp. (i think 10k hp per level will be fine).

People will upgrade them, when it makes sense.

Rift Disciple

Default Missing the point

Conquest is not about having a cool new pvp environment built on strategy or gameplay. It's about equalizing everyone before the next expansion. Thus the supremacy of the ZERG. This should be 100% apparent with the recent patch concerning how the big source stones work.
    Last edited by WrittenByCobra; 08-26-2012 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowT View Post
    I like some of the changes to conquest..

BUT I feel that there needs to be a REWARD for charging up the turret's at the extractor's.. [Say 1 conquest shard per charge point on a turret..]
    - Auto click the Crystal if you are close to the extractor's unless they are already charged..

More Marks of Conquest for Winning the Match...

The List could go on & on & on..

the top 2 are the one's I think should be action-ed on..
    J
    There is no need to have special rewards for doing something that isn't PvP ... and charging a turret is definitely not PvP. What needs to happen is that Conquest needs to be structured to make playing defense more important. Reducing the number of extractors was a step in the right direction, but I still think (as I have proposed in other threads) that more "territory points" should be granted for captured extractors that are adjacent to each other than extractors that are isolated somewhere.

The other thing that needs to happen is some sort of scale factor bump in favor/prestige for winning. Make winning the match trump everything else in the game so that players will play defense and be more selective in what they attack. The battles will be just as grand as the zergs ... just less mindless.

Do these two things and people will charge turrets because it makes sense to do so in the context of the match ... not because they get a doggie treat for doing so.
    Last edited by Grimt; 08-25-2012 at 10:42 AM.

I pretty much view the imminent date my CQ power goes under 180k like a homework due date. I'll probably wait till the night before to make sure that doesn't happen.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Shield of Telara

Adding rewards to non pvp actions isn't what is needed. A better solution would be to allow us to start upgrading turrets immediatly instead of waiting around 20 seconds doing absolutely nothing while we convert the extractor.

Plane Touched

Or to give this thread its full title

Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Conquest (2006)

Soulwalker

I have an idea that I think would fix some of the problems people have with Conquest and make them more fun at the same time.

ADD quests to Conquest.... some idea are

1. kill 50 from 1 faction( one of these for each of the 2 your not in)
    2. kill 10 enemy extractors
    3. kill 25 differnt extractors
    4. gain controll of 10 extractors
    5. Gain controll of 25 differnt extractors
    6. upgrade 25 turetts

also another idea, change the way minis pop, have them pop 1 at a time in the same spot the boss spawns, 1 every 30 minutes(first mini pops after 30 minutes, then 30 minutes after he dies the next ). This would bring everyone together for some good melee.

I think these changes would give everyone a reason to move around more, mix it up and you should see kills go much faster which would shorten the time a conquest takes and keep things rolling while there going on with rewards spread out.

Quote Originally Posted by Viencent View Post
    I have an idea that I think would fix some of the problems people have with Conquest and make them more fun at the same time.

ADD quests to Conquest.... some idea are

1. kill 50 from 1 faction( one of these for each of the 2 your not in)
    2. kill 10 enemy extractors
    3. kill 25 differnt extractors
    4. gain controll of 10 extractors
    5. Gain controll of 25 differnt extractors
    6. upgrade 25 turetts

also another idea, change the way minis pop, have them pop 1 at a time in the same spot the boss spawns, 1 every 30 minutes(first mini pops after 30 minutes, then 30 minutes after he dies the next ). This would bring everyone together for some good melee.

I think these changes would give everyone a reason to move around more, mix it up and you should see kills go much faster which would shorten the time a conquest takes and keep things rolling while there going on with rewards spread out.
    I like your ideas, and I would like to add some:

1. Allow teams to control the mini bosses and use them against other teams. Then there would be purpose to them other than a distraction.

2. The queue since the change has been ridiculous. I wasted hours today queing up without ever getting into Conquest. Make one queue and randomly place people on teams. There is no special reward for being on one team or another, so this would allow everyone to play and there would be no 'bad' team no one wants to queue for. Random start points for each team rather than doing the same old grind every time. Have extractors appear in random places on the map that change each time.

3. Some sort of time race to get to certain points on the map as a team (like, have to get 90% of your team to a certain point and then go on to next point).

4. Some sort of conclusion other than a boss 1/2 the people playing never see. A real letdown to kill the boss and then float around trying to stay alive until booted.

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    I pretty much view the imminent date my CQ power goes under 180k like a homework due date. I'll probably wait till the night before to make sure that doesn't happen.
    That's the stage I'm now at after the 8 hour one on Friday. I don't have that long anymore.
    Last edited by WrittenByCobra; 08-26-2012 at 05:54 PM. Reason: Replying to removed content.

+ Reply to Thread