+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: A cry for healers.

Default A cry for healers.

Hey everyone! I am back on the grind to get to p50 to get some serious play time in before the next game launches and i must say it has been one hell of a ride. The on thing i have noticed that is much different then 3 months has to do with healers. I have been back for about 5 days now and i cant help but to notice that when we do have healers they are strictly pocket healers. "fluff heals for the raid power heals for my buddy". heals are heals and im VERY thankfull to all those that spec into it but SHARE THE WEALTH! I PROMISE I WONT LET YAH DOWN!!! anyone feel the same way?????

I actually felt so bad about the lack of healing being shared i stopped grinding and got on my chlorodom for a few hours to share the wealth. (yes warriors can play mages)

1.7 is when i left im going to call it "The glory days"
    1.9 is when i came back im going to call it. " find a pocket healer or die days"

moral of the story im looking for friends to play with that will RAID HEAL everyone equally so get at me zoar@seastone <3
    Zoartype@Deepwood

I rarely see pocket heals quite honestly.

Dont confuse pocket healing with healing priority. Its natural to heal the person performing well over the ones that arent.

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    I rarely see pocket heals quite honestly.

Dont confuse pocket healing with healing priority. Its natural to heal the person performing well over the ones that arent.
    lol im pretty sure im not confused about anything... half the time Im TOP DMG and maybe 3-5 less kbs then the one getting POCKET healed. while im 10th on this list of healing received so i don't think its a "priority thing"

have screenys if your that interested.
    Zoartype@Deepwood

We're on deepwood.

Quote Originally Posted by mistacrowley420 View Post
    We're on deepwood.
    is your last name Crowley or are you a fan?
    Zoartype@Deepwood

Iri
    Champion

Pickup healing sucks. I do it if the team really needs one, but people have no idea how to protect a pickup healer... seem to swing from "No heals, play super duper safe and protect each other" straight to "There's a healer, ballsdeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!!!!!!!!" Why would I want to pickup heal a group that refuses to peel, cc, or even try to stay in LoS for me to heal them?

By the way, your numbers on the leader board aren't the primary factor going into the healer's consideration of who to heal. Priority number one is "Who can I heal without overextending, since my team is populated with ******s who will let me die if I move forward?" So if you spend a lot of time in the enemy team's back line, sorry... you're not going to get much from me even if you're getting a kb every fourth time you roll your face on the keyboard.

My banjo has no bias.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Keota View Post
    lol im pretty sure im not confused about anything... half the time Im TOP DMG and maybe 3-5 less kbs then the one getting POCKET healed. while im 10th on this list of healing received so i don't think its a "priority thing"

have screenys if your that interested.
    You have 2 options:

1.- do not move far away from the healer, out of range. If you jump out of range don't expect the healer to go to heal you, and leave the others players. I only do that for my guild mates, and it's quite common that both the healer and the healed ends death.
    2.- be your own healer.
    Last edited by Curuca; 08-09-2012 at 03:08 AM.
    Curu-Healer Rank 50
    www.clanlaunion.com

Ascendant

Many of my healer friends say it is frustrating healing without someone to pocket heal (ie someone who'll hang around and protect them).
    Raenryong@Deepwood R69 ~ Amathys@Zaviel (Rogue)
    Serefina@Deepwood R66 ~ Solserefina@Zaviel (Warrior)
    Seraena@Deepwood R80 ~ Seraena@Zaviel R70 (Cleric)
    Avalonia@Deepwood R66 ~ Avalonia@Zaviel (Mage)
    <Dauntless> ~ <Excellence>

Champion

Actually the lack of healers and the exist of pocket healers is very simple and mostly depends of the lack of interest from the rest of the team to look after their healers.

What usually happens is that i go in as raid healer, i see how our warriors ignores to clear out the back first and run to the front and our rouges vanish in stealth and the healers are being slaughtered in the back by the other team, all whilst kill hungry warriors in front have no clue and only starts to shout in the chat about us being noob healers when they are dying because they do not get any heals. That the lack of heals depends on the healers being dead since long, do not seem to hit their minds.
    This is when i usually switch to pocket heal since i don't see any reason to get out there and help the team that do not give a **** about the healers as long as they are getting healed.

If i have a team of players who cares about whats going on were the healers are, and clean this area out before they run to the front, and throw an eye back every now and then, then i will gladly stay raid healing, and make sure i get out as much heal i can to the team.

^This.

I'm actually pleasantly surprised in a warfront if someone will burst from nowhere to get the guy killing me off my back. And that person I will definitely try to return the favour to. It's not bias, but like others have been saying - stay in range of healers (they do move, they're not going to chain you to one spot), don't expect a save if you're doing a yippee-kai-yay into the group that will steamroll you.

Also depends on the warfronts and the objectives. Yes I'm going to focus heal the guy/guys holding the flag. I'll raid heal when I can, but eh.

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    My banjo has no bias.
    I rather liked your old sig.

We need to meet up sometime. I can't stand doing anything but healing in PvP.

http://i.imgur.com/uFRPJ.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Techie Will View Post
    We need to meet up sometime. I can't stand doing anything but healing in PvP.

http://i.imgur.com/uFRPJ.jpg
    51 Warden.

Just saiyan

I made a thread about this a while ago: http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ive-heals.html It's like 10 months old at this point, but most of it's still relevant.

If I had to guess from the one WF I played with you, you're probably guilty of
    4. Don't charge in alone (i.e. 1v10)
    5. If you're taking a lot of damage, put some effort into getting away
    Pretty common trend with warriors these days. I understand sometimes your team NEEDS a warrior to charge in and break through their front line, but you're still responsible for coming back in range of your back line for heals.

If you are making an attempt to return to your healers and still aren't getting heals, it might be time to buddy up with a healer you can rely on.

hm... I should reprise that guide...
    Last edited by victz; 08-09-2012 at 05:20 AM.
    Victz

formerly Victz@Deepwood, Deepstrike, Dayblind, Seastone
    originally Vic@Ashstone
    PvP in 2.0 | Healing vids from the good old days.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast