+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Finally...

Default Finally...

After 11 Matches of Conquest, I have finally acquired enough shards of conquest to make 1 Mark of Conquest.

Thank you Trion, This really was the best idea since sliced bread.
    #1 Hardcore Casual - Seatin - RIFT Livestreamer/YouTuber. Check out: www.twitch.tv/seatinmanoflegends and www.youtube.com/seatinmanoflegends

Ascendant

there is the problem

50% of players already moan: to much rewards for pve objectives
    50% of players moan: to less reward...

seems a lose:lose condition for trion.

(i think rewards should go up though too

Quote Originally Posted by Toransparkwing View Post
    After 11 Matches of Conquest, I have finally acquired enough shards of conquest to make 1 Mark of Conquest.

It was a change that was not introduced as a trade off or lateral exchange of any other reward. It was a bonus that just wasn't there before. I still don't get how people can get up in arms over pure gift, even if it is pretty meek. I thought they even changed it though so you get 2 shards of CQ from an extractor? Or maybe it's just 1 for the kill and 1 for the claim. I forget. I know I was getting 2 recently. Mark hand outs are are fine ;/
    Last edited by Violacea; 07-30-2012 at 12:55 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Antigonos View Post
    50% of players already moan: to much rewards for pve objectives
    50% of players moan: to less reward...
    most people I've seen have been complaining that there aren't enough rewards specifically for PVPing.
    BOO!

Quote Originally Posted by Lighteyes View Post
    most people I've seen have been complaining that there aren't enough rewards specifically for PVPing.
    It wouldn't be so bad if the battles weren't so ridiculously long. The rewards are fine for a 1 hour battle event max. The time to reward ratio gets skewed when battles drag on for hours and hours. That's what they need to address and then everything else will be fine.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    It was a change that was not introduced as a trade off or lateral exchange of any other reward. It was a bonus that just wasn't there before. I still don't get how people can get up in arms over pure gift, even if it is pretty meek. I thought they even changed it though so you get 2 shards of CQ from an extractor? Or maybe it's just 1 for the kill and 1 for the claim. I forget. I know I was getting 2 recently. Mark hand outs are are fine ;/
    Its 2 per extractor if it was a neutral extractor, like just at the beginning of the game only, then 1 on all conquering extractors...with a small chance to get 2 (like 1 in 50 extractors...ish).

Champion

After playing 11 matches I think you should have learned how to earn marks.

So let me help your lie out.

1. Circle capping extractors with the zerg 1/50th earned per.

2. Tag foci, ignoring red names 2 per I think. Plenty around, even you could find one.

3. Save your GD soulwalk, and tag boss. 6 ish?

Quote Originally Posted by Souldancer View Post
    It wouldn't be so bad if the battles weren't so ridiculously long. The rewards are fine for a 1 hour battle event max. The time to reward ratio gets skewed when battles drag on for hours and hours. That's what they need to address and then everything else will be fine.
    Long battles wouldn't be a problem if marks were earned throughout the match instead of all at the end. Then you'd get your rewards proportionate to the activities you participated in ... as it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimt View Post
    Long battles wouldn't be a problem if marks were earned throughout the match instead of all at the end. Then you'd get your rewards proportionate to the activities you participated in ... as it should be.
    The system would require a complete rework from the ground up though. Marks are given for winning, and after you win you get to fight the invaders. Either a time limit needs to be introduced so the the teams actually care more about winning than farming, or the whole *end boss* scenario needs to go away and Foci just randomly spawn at points throughout the battle. Or take them out entirely, but I kind of like the extra source of ISS outside Zone events.

I'm guessing that the OP spent most of their time running between the eye and TT, farming or getting farmed. I get at least one mark from shards every CQ. Combine that with the random mark drops from extractors, the minis, footholds and the boss and I rarely net less than 20 marks.

You also get a mark every now and then for killing random players. I find this still more productive than doing PVE in conquest.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    I think his point was that if you are going to give marks as a reward for continuous play throughout the match it should at least mean something. I made my first mark out of all my mini mark shards the other day. It wasn't worth the time it took me to press the collect button 50 times.

Its a no brainer, make it 5 marks per cap and if you they to, take the 5 marks worth off the win/boss kills.

You must have AFKed for 10 of those matches. Shards are not meant to be the primary way of getting marks. The primary focus is to WIN the match! That gives you 15 marks. Which is 750 shards.. Even losing a match gives you 6 which is 300 shards. I believe you are trying to make a point that is not valid. It takes 50 shards to make one mark. Which is fairly worthless in CQ.

Be a little more active! That way Loony can shoot you and make a much more interesting CQ!
    Last edited by Maidden; 07-30-2012 at 10:36 AM.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Souldancer View Post
    The system would require a complete rework from the ground up though. Marks are given for winning, and after you win you get to fight the invaders. Either a time limit needs to be introduced so the the teams actually care more about winning than farming, or the whole *end boss* scenario needs to go away and Foci just randomly spawn at points throughout the battle. Or take them out entirely, but I kind of like the extra source of ISS outside Zone events.
    I like this idea. Every 10 minutes a Foci pops at a random spot. You get Marks for destroying it. 6 Foci, 1 hour. After the 6th pops, whoever is in the lead wins and boss spawns. have mini-bosses pop after 3rd extractor goes down, if you even want to leave them in.
    Last edited by Lathais; 07-30-2012 at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maidden View Post
    You must have AFKed for 10 of those matches. Shards are not meant to be the primary way of getting marks. The primary focus is to WIN the match! That gives you 15 marks. Which is 750 shards.. Even losing a match gives you 6 which is 300 shards. I believe you are trying to make a point that is not valid. It takes 50 shards to make one mark. Which is fairly worthless in CQ.

Be a little more active! That way Loony can shoot you and make a much more interesting CQ!
    The point is, shards are worthless, so why add them at all?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast