+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Warriors in Conquest are useless

Quote Originally Posted by Chanalia View Post
    Part of the issue with warrior death in conquest is that they over-reach like crazy. I can usually keep the frontliners up until they out-range me and run into the middle or back of the enemy pack. At that point, I'm not going to chase them and risk myself or the rest of my zerg group, especially if I'm heavily contributing to the aoe healing.

One of the warriors in my guild ran some crazy tank/annoyer spec and would just pluck people from the enemy zerg into our front line and basically assure them instant death. He had somewhere close to 20k hp, and we had no issues keeping him alive.

So, warriors, be mindful of where your healers are in your group. We do want to keep you alive. We like our meat shields. But there is only so much we can do when you LEEEROOOOOY on us and go charging headlong into the center of a sea of red names.
    we have no range thats why we are up front and when 15 tab target you at once you die its as simple as that. even with pocket heals a good zerg will mow the front line of warrriors down in 2 seconds tank spec or not

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    we have no range thats why we are up front and when 15 tab target you at once you die its as simple as that. even with pocket heals a good zerg will mow the front line of warrriors down in 2 seconds tank spec or not
    You're fine in the front of the line. The issue I see is when warriors end up in the middle of the enemy pack, outside of heal range. From what I've seen, tank spec is the only way for you guys to survive.
    4/4 FT 5/5 EE 4/4 GA 3/3 IG
    All HMs Cleared, FT & EE Conq

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude074 View Post
    People don't like being forced to play roles they don't want to. That feels like work, and it's not fun.

Know what happens when video games aren't fun anymore? People quit playing them.

So the more pigeon-holing that Trion forces people to do ie make all Warriors be tanks in Conquest to be of any use, the more customers Trion are going to lose.

Because in the end, if you don't deliver a fun, enjoyable experience for your customers, dear Trion, you're going to lose them.
    This is what Clerics have experienced. No, it's not fun. But you do have a role. It's not a perfect situation, no. Unfortunately, Conquest being what it is, it's a case of suck it up, princess. At least you do have a role to play, which is not what the cries would suggest.

Warriors are acting as if they cannot participate in Conquest at all, that it is technically impossible, when really they are available to tank effectively, in most situations.

Is this a good thing? Of course not. But I am unsure what you think Trion would do about it. Even if you had a 30m range, what are you going to do? Spam your few ranged attacks at the zerg? Doesn't sound very warriory or fun to me.

Maybe they could make you a siege engine that only warriors can drive... Hm...

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    Look at your own signature.
    I'm quite pleased that I can queue up as all 4 roles in the Looking for Group tool.
    Last edited by KarthosNZ; 07-20-2012 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chanalia View Post
    You're fine in the front of the line. The issue I see is when warriors end up in the middle of the enemy pack, outside of heal range. From what I've seen, tank spec is the only way for you guys to survive.
    Standing in front doing nothing gets pretty borning and once a good team see you pulling people you get focused and killed or at least stripped of planar blade. Mos tof the time its warrriors pulling other warriors because they are the only ones close enough. Having max range would make sense but then it would be way op for wfs. there simply is no soultion in my mind. cq by design is a range zerg fest. i try and branch out but you always run into a zerg at somepoint and die. very rarely do u get a small battle and when you do its awesome.

Ascendant

I stand back and just tag. Every 3AP I push and burst to see if anybody starts running away.
    It's not a horrible job to keep testing to see when they are on their heels.

I see a lot of foolish warriors trying to flank and advance without the numbers to do so. They all float. It's hilarious to see people trying to flank the settled in teams at the last boss. What in the world, people? Free points I guess.

Warrior's just not good at conquest. In real warfare there is a huge penalty for being a ranged unit in close quarters. Warriors just pay a realistic price for having no range, while the price for range in this fantasy game is a little forgiving.

Quote Originally Posted by PFalcon View Post
    I stand back and just tag. Every 3AP I push and burst to see if anybody starts running away.
    It's not a horrible job to keep testing to see when they are on their heels.

I see a lot of foolish warriors trying to flank and advance without the numbers to do so. They all float. It's hilarious to see people trying to flank the settled in teams at the last boss. What in the world, people? Free points I guess.

Warrior's just not good at conquest. In real warfare there is a huge penalty for being a ranged unit in close quarters. Warriors just pay a realistic price for having no range, while the price for range in this fantasy game is a little forgiving.
    Trion's interpretation of war and player vs player combat is totally misconstrued. You are right PFalcon, if I am within melee striking distance of a range opponent then I should be rewarded. Nope not in Rift. Since so many of our Warrior abilities are nerfed in pvp, there is no reward for the risk you take. Risk vs reward totally on the waste side. Hence why I made this post. How about changing our range abilities to 30m?
    Steelwind Guardian Warrior
    DIVINE FURY Guild Laethys Server 4/4 TotDQ 4/4 FT 4/5 EE
    Storm Legion 2.2 61 Riftblade Guide
    Storm Legion 2.2 61 Tempest Guide

Champion

Try being a healer, most of the time the Rambo's charge willy nilly out of range of my lifesaving heal that allows you to be the wrecking ball you so desire.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    Rogues have to be Marksman or Saboteur to be any use.
    No, they don't. Ranger works just fine. Riftstalker tanks are viable; they're equal to Warrior tanks. Bard buffs for the whole raid are fantastic. Assassin is useful if you just feel like sneaking around.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    Mages have to be Dom to be any use.
    No, they don't. Several Mage classes are useful in zerg fests. I personally go Pyro to blow people up. Stormcaller can wreak havoc on large groups. Chloro is useful, if you don't have enough healers.

Warriors are pretty much pigeon-holed to being a tank. They are not viable if they spec a DPS calling.

"took out 3 rogs that jumped me while grinding down an extractor this morning......." Axaze

Fluent is a rog........

Ohai Fluent
    Last edited by TedO; 07-20-2012 at 02:48 PM.

Ascendant

Warriors are pretty much pigeon-holed to being a tank. They are not viable if they spec a DPS calling.
    The problem is that there's no PvP role for a "tank". Player's don't have threat tables, I can't make a player attack me. I can't shield a player standing next to me. I can sometimes pull a player in, but I can't make them stay there (due to DR).

You say we're supposed to tank, but we have no tools. Warriors could be replaced by target dummies and no one would notice.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Caelem -- Warrior Tank/DPS
    Carinae -- Mage Alt
    Greybriar -- <Last Attempt> 9/9 T1, 2/4 GA, 1/4 IG, 1/5 PBB

Quote Originally Posted by Carinae View Post
    The problem is that there's no PvP role for a "tank". Player's don't have threat tables, I can't make a player attack me. I can't shield a player standing next to me. I can sometimes pull a player in, but I can't make them stay there (due to DR).

You say we're supposed to tank, but we have no tools. Warriors could be replaced by target dummies and no one would notice.
    That's true, until you talk about Conquest, where most people just tab target then hit attacks. Facepulling is completely viable.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by KarthosNZ View Post
    This is what Clerics have experienced. No, it's not fun. But you do have a role. It's not a perfect situation, no. Unfortunately, Conquest being what it is, it's a case of suck it up, princess. At least you do have a role to play, which is not what the cries would suggest.
    This isn't true. Clerics can spec for different callings and still be useful to their team on Conquest. They can go ranged DPS. They can even tank.

Warriors, however, only have one option - be a tank.

Soulwalker

when i heal in conquest i always have warriors in my raid.. and they are by far the easiest to heal. The warriors function as a front line in this case pushing forward the ground held by our raid, backed up by the ranged dmg dealers. if a warrior charges in first he/she doesnt need to taunt anyone as 69% (give or take) of the range in a raid is mashing their attack buttons waiting for the autotarget to catch first person in range. in conquest i am able to heal warriors more than any other class even if they are full dmg dealing spec. the incoming burst dmg can be nuts.. and you may die.. but more so vs lighter armor.. so for my fellow warriors who want to be of use (as long as you have some non-bad healing clerics in your raid) just being in the front line taking dmg is enough. good dynamics and all

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Lkeswick View Post
    .. so for my fellow warriors who want to be of use (as long as you have some non-bad healing clerics in your raid) just being in the front line taking dmg is enough. good dynamics and all
    You don't even realize how condescending this sounds.

Warriors are nothing more than a meat shield for the team.

I realize having tanks in a PVP raid is essential, but the fact that Warriors have no choice but to be a tank in order to be of use, is unfair to Warriors.

What if all Mages had no choice but to be Chloro? Or what if all Rogues had no choice but to be Bard? You can bet people would be crying foul about the way Conquest was designed.

And, the more Conquests I've been playing, the less Warriors I've been encountering. There wasn't even a tank in my last raid. Most likely because people are sick of bringing their Warriors to Conquest to be nothing more than a big HP bar for the other team to nuke down first.

Shadowlander

You don't even realize how condescending this sounds.

Warriors are nothing more than a meat shield for the team.

I realize having tanks in a PVP raid is essential, but the fact that Warriors have no choice but to be a tank in order to be of use, is unfair to Warriors.

What if all Mages had no choice but to be Chloro? Or what if all Rogues had no choice but to be Bard? You can bet people would be crying foul about the way Conquest was designed.

And, the more Conquests I've been playing, the less Warriors I've been encountering. There wasn't even a tank in my last raid. Most likely because people are sick of bringing their Warriors to Conquest to be nothing more than a big HP bar for the other team to nuke down first.

Oh please, you big cry baby, so your class doesnt get to dominate 1 small aspect of the game, and you piss and moan and cry unfair. Honestly grow a pair. Your class has it so well in every other facet of the game, most of all in all other aspects of PvP. Never have a seen an entire class so devoid of player input to success ratio in any other games PvP.

Honestly they should give 80% of your damaging abilities a cast time, lower your mobility 90% and cut 50% right off the top of your DPS, just because of this piss and moan ***** *** post.

TLDR(Because forbid that there isnt a macro to read this for you) Suck it up princess.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast