+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Warriors in Conquest are useless

I keep saying this, but Trion need to add siege weapons for melee combat.

Lets Go Rift. Hope Archeage can do something next. Lets Save Rift

As much as I hate it, You can run a 38/17/11 Vk/Wl/Pally build which gives you Sarges Orders and Rift Summons for 2 pulls on seperate CDs, Fusion of Flesh and Touch of Life for 2 "Oh ****s", you gain Pallys devotion for 2 break frees as long as you have your PvP pa up. Some Raid buffs along for the bonus, the added block from WL and Pally gives you a **** load of Damage mitigation, you have a ranged stun and along with Throw Shield as a builder. Self-Cast Spell Sunder for the damage immunity for sometime. Also you have a silence AOE to boot.

This is a build I use always, and at the least I do feel some usefull. Do I not like the fact I hit like a wuss?...damned skippy, but for the moment and under the circumstaces thats pretty much the most viable way I have found to play in Conquest.

Before I forget, you also gain builders from Incoming damage, so although it sucks, you at least have some purpose till your time in Conquest is through. PvP "Tanks" are absolutely viable if played right, its just not a role most people like.
    Last edited by TedO; 07-20-2012 at 08:34 AM.
    Elimination aka Gramps, formerly of MMAC, Squabs Squad, Mobile Death Squad,FoTM,Temporal Insurgence, Beep Beep Imma Jeep and Philanthropy

Plane Touched

Part of the problem with conquest is, it's supposed to be a strategic WF. However because of the diverse player base, there really is no strategy being used. Partly because there is no appointed leader to give orders, and if there were how would the orders they give be enforced. Majority of the times when someone says Focus X loc, you rarely get ppl that do and most of the time its safer to travel in large groups or zergs then it is solo to get to the place they ordered attacked.

You end up with, in most use case scenarios, everyone doing their own thing sticking with the zerg, and a handful of others that are actually trying for the objectives, but fail when the enemy zerg does their sweep of the area.

Unless you are partied with ppl you know, Conquest will almost never be organized and will never live up to the strategic WF it is supposed to be.

But i digress as this is going off topic sort of, but it is mainly directed to those saying warriors are fine L2Flank, L2P, etc. We cant make ppl heal us, we cant make ppl come with us, so telling us to out flank a zerg is asinine. You want us to be the Flankers? Then give us the means to do so, without unbalancing the rest of PvP.

Hell give warriors the Mech's from the world event a few patchs ago so we can survive long enough to get into the enemy zerg and cause mayhem. Have it when the mech is destroyed it awards Marks or something to teh faction that destroyed it. Friendly healers can heal it, give conquest epic battles instead of these zergfest where the winning team is determined by who has the most AE spammers.

Rift Disciple

My main is not a Warrior, but even I have to admit, being a Warrior plain out sucks balls in Conquest.

In a zerg battle, the first to die are always Warriors.

I have a rank 12 Warrior right now. Want to know how I survive zerg fests? I stand in the middle of my zerg and don't do anything. If I'm stupid enough to charge the opposing zerg, I'll get million shotted instantly. I do not have the required gear to be a proficient tank to be able to withstand the front line for a long enough period of time. So, I do the smart thing and just stand in the middle, not doing anything, until either my zerg loses and I'm forced to run away, or the other zerg's numbers diminish enough for me to feel safe to finally leap frog in.

Being a Warrior plain out sucks balls in Conquest.

Both my Mage and my Rogue contribute a lot more to Conquest than my Warrior ever will.
    Last edited by Geodude074; 07-20-2012 at 08:51 AM.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    We are good in wfs like every other class and that is why we cant get a buff to be relevant in cq besides being a tank.
    Then be a tank.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by KarthosNZ View Post
    Then be a tank.
    People don't like being forced to play roles they don't want to. That feels like work, and it's not fun.

Know what happens when video games aren't fun anymore? People quit playing them.

So the more pigeon-holing that Trion forces people to do ie make all Warriors be tanks in Conquest to be of any use, the more customers Trion are going to lose.

Because in the end, if you don't deliver a fun, enjoyable experience for your customers, dear Trion, you're going to lose them.

Quote Originally Posted by KarthosNZ View Post
    Then be a tank.
    Look at your own signature.

Part of the issue with warrior death in conquest is that they over-reach like crazy. I can usually keep the frontliners up until they out-range me and run into the middle or back of the enemy pack. At that point, I'm not going to chase them and risk myself or the rest of my zerg group, especially if I'm heavily contributing to the aoe healing.

One of the warriors in my guild ran some crazy tank/annoyer spec and would just pluck people from the enemy zerg into our front line and basically assure them instant death. He had somewhere close to 20k hp, and we had no issues keeping him alive.

So, warriors, be mindful of where your healers are in your group. We do want to keep you alive. We like our meat shields. But there is only so much we can do when you LEEEROOOOOY on us and go charging headlong into the center of a sea of red names.
    4/4 FT 5/5 EE 4/4 GA 3/3 IG
    All HMs Cleared, FT & EE Conq

Rift Disciple

This idea that mages and clerics are having a good time too is false. Conquest is dominated by rogues, specifically mm's. Take a look at damage taken on your prarser's, always over 80% made up of rogue abilities, 40%+ fan out alone. Mages have 1 instant aoe that hits once for roughly 400 ona 20 sec CD. We have a few instant ST spells thay do roughly the same except fulminate, getting an opportunity proc or a Cinderburst proc requires casting ay something in the first place which is all nut impossible if you wish to live. We duck into our range, cast one spell or get one tick off of a ground targetable aoe and get the hell out or we die. If we dont spec into a survival CD we die from dots anyways. We can roll full chloro and heal on PVE objects, but again our heals are based from damage we cannot get into range to do, not to mention how spreqd out most rwids are.

Point being, yes it sucks to be a warrior in conquest, but it also sucks to be anything but a eogue there too.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude074 View Post
    People don't like being forced to play roles they don't want to. That feels like work, and it's not fun.

Know what happens when video games aren't fun anymore? People quit playing them.

So the more pigeon-holing that Trion forces people to do ie make all Warriors be tanks in Conquest to be of any use, the more customers Trion are going to lose.

Because in the end, if you don't deliver a fun, enjoyable experience for your customers, dear Trion, you're going to lose them.
    Rogues have to be Marksman or Saboteur to be any use. Mages have to be Dom to be any use. Honestly the most versatile class in Conquest is Clerics, just because they don't have anything really overpowered in the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Stokesey View Post
    Why is it that mages can do full dps and keep themselves healed?
    We can't.
    Why is it that clerics can do decent dps and keep themselves healed?
    They can't.
    Why is it that rogues can stay at max range and not even worry bout healing themselves or go melee and pretty much keep themselves up until they have 3 dps on them?
    Cause they hit like wet tissue paper in comparison to rb/champ so they need some survivability to offset the sheer lack of a cannon like warriors possess.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Undrsiege View Post
    Warlord is amazing... You sure will not be Kobe but Chris Paul aint all bad.. All about the assists..
    Warlord is vastly inferior to the support you could get from a bard/chloro/cleric. Even as support we're HUGELY under-powered. Until General's Order is not subject to DR its basically useless, most of the time you see "Immune" pop up over the heads of 3-4 people, and pull one person.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Caelem -- Warrior Tank/DPS
    Carinae -- Mage Alt
    Greybriar -- <Last Attempt> 9/9 T1, 2/4 GA, 1/4 IG, 1/5 PBB

Mei

Yes, balance this already broken game around a broken feature. That will surely fix everything!
    Last edited by Mei; 07-20-2012 at 09:46 AM.
    Fluent

Heavy Pally + dps soul dujour? lil Warlord tossed in for giggles.....

works for me................

took out 3 rogs that jumped me while grinding down an extractor this morning......

I can say it would be nice if some of the oh-so-great dps clercs out there would realize they are more betta being an AOE healer than a derp dps in a zerg..........but this is a L2P issue..........
    AXAZE 70/R100 Clerc
    XITH 70/R100 Warrior
    REVELER 70/R100 Rog
    ZAXA 70/R100 finger waggler

Quote Originally Posted by aabuster1 View Post
    Warriors are quite useless in Conquest to be sure. However that said they are gods in ALL other content in the game. They are quite overpowered in all other PVP and PVE content in COMPARISON to the other classes. Still they do need some changes to be competitive in conquest. These changes should not be to damage or survivability, both of which I feel need to be lowered or other similiar souls of other classes raised to their level. The changes need to be in the warrior souls themselves with a ranged soul and support soul or possibly/hopefully a pure healing soul.

While I will agree that is not an acceptable response. That is what the cleric DPS community tends to recieve and it is only fair that I bring that response to this thread asking for changes to another class to make them playable at their role.
    Every class is god in my mind in both pve and pvp, the problem is they all are in cq too except warriors. Cleric dps is right where is should be in both pve and pvp. You can't be the best healers and the best dps thats like warriors who want to be ranged dps too, which is dumb. Rogues and mages should be top pve range dps, warrriors and rogues should be top melee dps. Clerics should be 3rd in both, since they are top heals and second in tanking. not to mention all the hybrid specs they bring to the table. its a good balance right now in my mind. Warriors are best tanks and and top aoe dps, along with good st dps. Rogues are can compete in both st and aoe and are the best for pvp, mages are top dps and second in heals in both pve and pvp. Clerics are top heals 2nd tanks and good dps in both pve and pvp.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast