+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Europe needs at least one more Conquest server

Rift Master

Default Europe needs at least one more Conquest server

As per the title, we need another Conquest. It is getting insanely difficult to get into Conquest, the lag of so many people trying to join at once actually affects the server and makes it difficult to click the Join button, and I'm on a 60Mb fibre connection. I haven't managed to get into Conquest since Friday morning, that was two days ago. At best I end up in the queue, which never pops.

I appreciate that Europe is now one massive super wargroup, but something needs to be done to allow more than one Conquest. Possible one for English speakers, and one for non-English speakers, or a short 10min cooldown between Conquests but entering gives you a 2hr debuff so that you cannot queue and others get a chance to enter.

Please do something, anything, to help us actually play the main feature of this patch.

Telaran

Default Seconded

I am currently in my third unsuccessful conquest queue here and am finding it hugely frustrating that not only am I unable to join, bit I also have to wait for the conquest game to finish and then for a 70 minute gap before I can even try again. If conquest is so popular it fills up in a couple of seconds, I can see no good reason to only run one match every two hours.

And when u do get in you still have to wait 30-60 min for boss and foci to spawn.

I agree, at least the cd needs to be hugely reduced. That said...

I'm curious. Are you guys willing to join every faction in order to play, or are you queuing for Oathsworn only because they always win? I queue for Nightfall because I know Oathsworn will be full in seconds, and I *never*... I repeat, never had to queue for more then 4-6 seconds. Sure, you get less marks because Nightfall has a terrain disadvantage and because people, knowing that, don't even try winning anymore in that faction, but at least you are guaranteed to play ;)

i would be happy to join anyone, but since germans and french joined, i even get que for Dominion. Guess i need to practice my K spamming

Telaran

I tend to go for whatever faction guildmates happen to be going for in any given game, which seems to vary. I would certainly be happy to join a "random" faction and be placed onto whichever side has the lowest population, though it would be nice if there was a way for groups to join the same side so you could play with friends/guildmates. Once I am in the queue for a particular faction there also seems no way to leave that queue and try a different one, which seems odd.

Rift Master

I tend to queue Oathsworn, but lately I have been playing Dominion too. It wouldn't be so bad if you weren't irrevocably locked to a faction once choosing them, if you could try a different faction that would be a small step in the right direction. You shouldn't get locked until you enter Conquest, tbh.

Plane Touched

Most of waht you all said has already been discussed in other posts.

i agree with everything you all said,
    the sorter cd on conquest, the personal cd on people who joined, the ability to change faction but ONLY if u didnt get in conquest with your current choise, the ability to join a random faction and most importantly different matches for english and non-english speakers.

The later only makes communication more difficult for those who are in conquest and also significantly reduces the chances for someone to join in the first place...

I just hope some effective changes are made soon... with the current state, a big part of 1.9 just went to the trash bin for the majority of players

Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    I tend to queue Oathsworn, but lately I have been playing Dominion too. It wouldn't be so bad if you weren't irrevocably locked to a faction once choosing them, if you could try a different faction that would be a small step in the right direction. You shouldn't get locked until you enter Conquest, tbh.
    I completely agree
    But most of all, creating a second instance of Conquest when the first one gets full would help make more people take part in the action. When weeks pass and less people join because they're capped, the second instance would simply cease to be needed... it seems to be the simplest solution, but Conquest would need to be on its own server to make it feasible (which I'm not so sure about :\ ---meaning I don't think it is).
    Last edited by Snags; 07-08-2012 at 05:46 AM.

Shadowlander

I feel like a 2nd class customer atm.. i am paying full price for something but dont get 100% of the Product.

Way to go Trion... Or is there somewhere a choice in payment options for 1 more per month to be able to join the Conquest?

Rift Disciple

Completely true, Its sheer pot luck getting into a Conquest as it is, and this isnt the SERVICE i expect my subscription fee to produce.

I know one arguement raised there was "are your Queing for the team that always wins" well most likely we all will. but the annoying part is instead of the Que updating with "this faction is full" it will leave you Queued for 60+ minutes. You cannot leave que, you cannot log out and in to join another faction, you cannot exit game and come back to join another faction or see if other factions are full..

The service is below par, servers are over populated, feed back is not to be found, PVE is being effected, and those who love pvp that have been waiting for a new WF since Runemasters got old fast are not getting a product they have subscribed and waited for.

I pray to god this isnt going to be what we are expecting when those "Honking" large maps come in Storm Legion which give us "Honking" large lag spikes and Ques
    abusing mechanics for <3

As long as u get a decent amount of xp and favour it will always be this full. until everyone is PA and favour capped. imo

Rift Disciple

Are you people trying to imply that merging all the EU wargroups into one AND reducing the maximum number of participants within 24 hours of each other was a bad idea?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    As per the title, we need another Conquest. It is getting insanely difficult to get into Conquest, the lag of so many people trying to join at once actually affects the server and makes it difficult to click the Join button, and I'm on a 60Mb fibre connection. I haven't managed to get into Conquest since Friday morning, that was two days ago. At best I end up in the queue, which never pops.

I appreciate that Europe is now one massive super wargroup, but something needs to be done to allow more than one Conquest. Possible one for English speakers, and one for non-English speakers, or a short 10min cooldown between Conquests but entering gives you a 2hr debuff so that you cannot queue and others get a chance to enter.

Please do something, anything, to help us actually play the main feature of this patch.
    +1 about everything you said and suggest.

I really like the idea on a 2h debuff but i would rather see something different to make sure there is enough player in every conquest. You were in a conquest so you get a flag and on next one people who were not in it are getting priority to enter and flag's one could entry only if there is some place left.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Robotnik View Post
    Are you people trying to imply that merging all the EU wargroups into one AND reducing the maximum number of participants within 24 hours of each other was a bad idea?
    I dig, your sig.
    Last edited by Tarien; 07-08-2012 at 07:14 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast