+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Conquest & Aoe: damage and strategy

Soulwalker

Default Conquest & Aoe: damage and strategy

HI all,

first of all i've to say that i appreciate conquest.

Mine is only a suggestion...i think that dev have to low aoe damage (in conquest), let me explain why:

now in conquest a raid meet another group of player...aoe...the group die in 5-6 sec...
    then another raid...5-6 secs and the combat is ended...

i think (and i've played other rvr games) that if the aoe dmg is low people MUST use some strategy to kill the enemy. Maybe a group can attack from behind and let the melee kill the healer, or maybe can use 5-6 player to move the enemy raid into a trap and so on...

The point is...if the aoe dmg is low people have to think and find some other ideas to kill the enemy and we all could enjoy a really really funnniest game!. Today it s all about aoe and zerg, and it's fun but not so much...let us leave a real "medieval combat", let us use some single target magic and do focus to kill someone or let melee rush into the enemy line and do their job...not only aoe-stop-aoe XD

i hope that u all can appreciate that^^

Shadowlander

to put it in a nutshell , all aoe spell should apply only on a single targert in conquest. It would solve the problem

The issue isn't that AOE is too powerful, it's that there's absolutely no healing, which is because there's only one class in this game that can heal in a competent manner. It's a core issue, and nerfing AOE isn't the way to fix it.
    ~Quiescent

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Uziel85 View Post
    HI all,

first of all i've to say that i appreciate conquest.

Mine is only a suggestion...i think that dev have to low aoe damage (in conquest), let me explain why:

now in conquest a raid meet another group of player...aoe...the group die in 5-6 sec...

i think (and i've played other rvr games) that if the aoe dmg is low people MUST use some strategy to kill the enemy. Maybe a group can attack from behind and let the melee kill the healer, or maybe can use 5-6 player to move the enemy raid into a trap and so on...

The point is...if the aoe dmg is low people have to think and find some other ideas to kill the enemy and we all could enjoy a really really funnniest game!. Today it s all about aoe and zerg, and it's fun but not so much...let us leave a real "medieval combat", let us use some single target magic and do focus to kill someone or let melee rush into the enemy line and do their job...not only aoe-stop-aoe XD

Get better healers. Seriously. Healing so trumps AoE damage that it isn't funny!

Shadowlander

2 problems :

1. heals suck hard in pvp since the nerf for clerics
    2. add to that the almighty lingering wounds from warriors which can't be cured at all (that's a fkn joke really) and heals are completely pointless.

gg trion,
    Last edited by Seriousl; 07-04-2012 at 05:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seriousl View Post
    2 problems :

1. heals suck hard in pvp since the nerf for clerics
    2. add to that the almighty lingering wounds from warriors which can't be cured at all (that's a fkn joke really) and heals are completely pointless.

gg trion,
    Heals don't suck, at all. Not even close.

Maybe the healers do, but healing itself does not.
    ~Quiescent

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Uziel85 View Post

umm... compared to ST damage AOE damage IS low. Its also further reduced bu the PVP PA....

This should actually work to dissuade people from bunching up in big zergs but it appears people are slow to catch on....

Most AOE target areas are lower than heal range, Most AOE damage is, to be perfectly honest, crap. Its not worth using if the targets are spread out. Think about a 51 dom... Mass betrayal on 3 targets is pretty poor, Mass Betrayal on 10 targets is a raid killer.

So, spread out. It will make your healers lives easier, it will stop them being in the middle of the aoe's and it will make aoe attacks harder to co-ordinate because many rely on tab rather than selective targetting.

Soulwalker

The issue isn't that AOE is too powerful, it's that there's absolutely no healing
    for me it's only a part of the problem, and "make" a new healing class is not so easy....so maybe lowering the aoe dmg in conquest can help and maybe more players think about healing (maybe a lot of cloro mage can do that for example if they can keep alive ppl that is target of aoe).

BTW, i raid with a good number of healer...but aoe dmg zerg all and give no possibility to use some kind of strategy in fighting...

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    Heals don't suck, at all. Not even close.

Maybe the healers do, but healing itself does not.
    said the rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    The issue isn't that AOE is too powerful, it's that there's absolutely no healing, which is because there's only one class in this game that can heal in a competent manner. It's a core issue, and nerfing AOE isn't the way to fix it.
    It's not just that, it's that the healers in your proximity are most probably not in your raid, and as such they're using single target heals instead of fighting the aoe damage with aoe healing -_-

The times my raid actually manages to stay together I can see that healing does its job (well, it does when there are healers... many just refuse to heal in Conquest because you're basically useless if your raid scatters, and as such is highly frustrating.)

Seriuosly, WTB bigger raids / a way to turn on some kind of proximity raid feature :\

Soulwalker

It's not just that, it's that the healers in your proximity are most probably not in your raid, and as such they're using single target heals instead of fighting the aoe damage with aoe healing -_-
    ok mate but i dont think it s so funny...fight aoe with aoe...no strategy, just each one face each one and click a button, no way for rogue to stealth behind or for warrrio to push inside...just everyone aoe...this is not right for me

General of Telara

Healing for the most part is pretty good, hell you have to have lingering wounds/vampiric munitions up to even stand a chance of out damaging competent healer. The issue with conquest is as others have stated you end up with healers not in your raid which nullifies their usefulness, add to that, while aoe damage in itself is not great, multiplying that by 60 is crazy heavy hitting that 2 healers in group are not going to be able to counter

Sorry, but if your having major problems with AOE then stop clumping with everyone, its not rocket science.....

Ascendant

yes stacking aoe is a BAD thing in pvp. Mythic took it 1 year to accept this truth.

They went for no stacking at all of any gtaoe. I found this a bit drastic. Make it like DR.

first gtaoe: full dmg
    second gtaoe to players affected of the first aoe: 50%
    third: 20%
    fourth: 10%
    fith+: 0%

that way the maximum aoe dmg is 180% which should be ok and still gives kinda burst to kill large numbers of players, which is also needed in large battles.

Quote Originally Posted by Snags View Post

The times my raid actually manages to stay together I can see that healing does its job (well, it does when there are healers... many just refuse to heal in Conquest because you're basically useless if your raid scatters, and as such is highly frustrating.)

Seriuosly, WTB bigger raids / a way to turn on some kind of proximity raid feature :\
    If they could figure out some kind of dynamic grouping, the healing would work out MUCH better. As it stands, we can't use aoe heals on the other raids, even if there's a pile of green names around us. Maybe 5 or 6 are from our own raid group. I've noticed that I can't cast Orbs of the Tide on players from other raids. This annoys me.
    4/4 FT 5/5 EE 4/4 GA 3/3 IG
    All HMs Cleared, FT & EE Conq

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast