+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By ZeroMGA
  • 1 Post By Ming

Thread: I liked the way guys ranked up in conquest

Prophet of Telara

Default I liked the way guys ranked up in conquest

It might be me but, I liked they way people ranked up quick in Conquest. I did the grind before everything became easier and I like seeing new people in warfronts. Does not mean they will be be better. In fact I do better as a healer with those guys in a warfront since they dont really know what they are doing.

The guys who have pvp'd for awhile are still to be feared, but the rest who ranked up in conquest are no threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyaus View Post
    It might be me but, I liked they way people ranked up quick in Conquest. I did the grind before everything became easier and I like seeing new people in warfronts. Does not mean they will be be better. In fact I do better as a healer with those guys in a warfront since they dont really know what they are doing.

The guys who have pvp'd for awhile are still to be feared, but the rest who ranked up in conquest are no threat.
    Ranking up really quickly doesn't have a negative effect on your PvP play style mate.

People like me, who have PvP'd since launch, know their class and PvP quite exceptionally, though - if I were to abuse that exploit to rank up to 50 really quickly and have BiS gear... I'd too be super OP.

It's sad really, I hope everyone get's rolled back.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Tyaus View Post
    I did the grind before everything became easier.
    Oh, which AFK bot did you use?

Plane Walker

I have noticed an influx of new players in WFs this weekend. It will be interesting to see how long they last. The amount of fanout has increased exponentially... ya, lol.
    Koz

Quote Originally Posted by Jawsnap View Post
    People like me, who have PvP'd since launch, know their class and PvP quite exceptionally, though - if I were to abuse that exploit to rank up to 50 really quickly and have BiS gear... I'd too be super OP.
    You're making the assumption that the R50 gear is that much better than the mid-tier gear, and while it has a packet of vengeance/end, it's really not much better.

Especially since people take a net stat loss w/o the R50 crystal.~
    Last edited by Kyera; 07-03-2012 at 06:08 AM.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Telaran

The problem is that most of the people that got to r50 and got the gear associated with that are NOT newbies. A ton of them are active pvp'ers and make no mistake the weapons in the hands of a capable pvp'er makes a HUGE difference. The armor, not so much , hence why it's buyable at r40.

Also, I think you're lying to yourself if you think these folks don't have all the Conquest Mark stuff as well already. Maybe they lack a few of the runes, but the r50 folks I've played with or against in recent WF's had their crystals and trinket.

I understand that a rollback won't be done, it would upset a LOT of people. Problem is that you now have to find a way, for those who did not participate in the "exploit", to quickly gain prestige / favor to catch up. You can't leave them beind as it's totally unfair at this point.

If you don't want to do this through the changing of how Conquest works, simply lower the prestige required to get to r50 and lower the favor required to buy the associated items.
    Last edited by Viscio; 07-03-2012 at 07:26 AM.

Shadowlander

You are right vicio,

As I said in some others post :

I couldn't be there when conquest was launched and what's my surprize when I discovered ppl achieved rank 1 from rank 50 under 2 days....
    If it stays like this, I'm quitting for sure.
    No offense there but if you don't REWARD PLAYERS EFFICIENTLY to catch up with the WHOLE ZERG R50, you are making a big mistake.
    I'm a new players, I reached level 50 in 4 days and to put it in a nutshell I don't see myself farming intensively 4-6 months to be at the same level than others (including players who got that rank under 2 days).
    That's the biggest crap I've ever seen.

Sya,

Ranking up really quickly doesn't have a negative effect on your PvP play style mate.

It's sad really, I hope everyone get's rolled back.
    Annoying troll number 132,701.

Rift Disciple

This breaks one of my rules, which is not to say or think that a developer "owes" me anything, even as a subscriber, but: I feel Trion owes some of us for this Conquest insta-rank debacle.

Many of us ground our way to P40 legitimately. You can say the pvp grind is bad, or good. That it's progression, or repetition. You can say that it detracts new players or ensures only dedicated pvpers play.

In the end you can say whatever you want, but a lot of us ground it out. We got P40 the way -you- (TRION) made us do it. Thousands of warfronts, tens of thousands of kills, constant respecs as class changes rolled through, and the slowest gear progression in the game*.

Yet with Trion's botched Conquest mechanics, they allowed thousands of players to do what we did in a handful of days. And then go farther. I still haven't hit R50 yet. I didn't get full opportunity to sit and farm all day long. I'm close to R50, but now I'll have to grind more to get my Syn crystal, and trinket. Other folks got R50, their Syn Crystal, and Trinket all in a couple days.

Basically, Trion screwed up and got rid of the grind unintentionally, and any of us who weren't quick enough on the ball to capitalize it got left behind. And now we're back to the grind that Trion clearly wants us to do.

You could argue it's my own fault for not doing what everyone else was, but sometimes more important things get in the way. Because I had things prevent me from putting the requisite farm time into it, I'm now left to slog it the way I started, against higher geared people until I catch up.

I'm the only serious pvper in my guild. Up until just recently, I'm the only one who would pass on anything else that was happening for the sake of pvp. In five days I got to watch almost everyone in my guild go from rank 1 to rank 50, and I didn't even get the satisfaction of being the first one in my guild.

I gotta say, even if I love my guildies, that leaves a pretty bitter taste.

So yes, congratulations to those who were able to avoid fighting their way to pvp. Whether it be called "earning" it or "grinding" it, you managed to dodge it. I feel a bittersweet mix of jealousy and happiness for you.

In the meantime I'll go ahead and say it. Trion: You owe me. I do not find it acceptable for you to make so many people fight so long for what you let everyone else get in days, especially when it was unintentional on your part.

*I say slowest gear progression because it required the pieces from each tier below it, which is not a requirement in pve.
    Last edited by ZeroMGA; 07-03-2012 at 08:22 AM.

The funniest part of Conquest since launch for me was the chat/yells around Zareph's Portal before it was closed. It happened to me once before I stopped going there.
    oathplayer: "nobody use the zareph portal, it's camped."
    domplayer1: /yell "Guys it's safe we wiped Dom, let's retake the portal!"
    oathplayers1-100: "ok let's go...no wait ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!"
    domplayer2: "FEED ME MOAR!!!" NOMNOMNOM

Players being lemmings is not an exploit, everyone told them not to go in there and they just kept going.
    Last edited by Arcshayde; 07-03-2012 at 08:28 AM.

Sword of Telara

what they should have done was implimented the new ranking system 2-4 weeks before conquest was released. none of this would be a problem right now if they would have

Ranking up at a normal rate you could have encompassed a lot of other goodies and things you'll want that you haven't. It's like any power leveled toon...they just are max level, doesn't mean they have much amazing stuff but some barebone top level things. I wouldn't trade in my rogue for another fresh r50 powerleved rogue any day.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Viscio View Post
    The problem is that most of the people that got to r50 and got the gear associated with that are NOT newbies. A ton of them are active pvp'ers and make no mistake the weapons in the hands of a capable pvp'er makes a HUGE difference. The armor, not so much , hence why it's buyable at r40.

*snip

I understand that a rollback won't be done, it would upset a LOT of people. Problem is that you now have to find a way, for those who did not participate in the "exploit", to quickly gain prestige / favor to catch up. You can't leave them beind as it's totally unfair at this point.

If you don't want to do this through the changing of how Conquest works, simply lower the prestige required to get to r50 and lower the favor required to buy the associated items.
    I approve this post. Much of the exploit came at the expense of others.

I know that Trion won't expend the resource for a proper roll back. Call it a wash and even the playing field.

I'm just seeing this for the first time. I haven't been on a lot lately. I did one conquest and it was so laggy it was stupid. Anyway.. sounds like a deal breaker to me. I leveled to R40 the hard way and I resent anyone who didn't have to do that. So add me to the "you owe me QQ" camp.
    Formerly Scarecrowe... now Skullcluck. I know, I need to L2P, thanks. Save your breath.
    If you want a healer so bad why don't you roll one up?

Default hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Baramos View Post
    Annoying troll number 132,701.
    Judging from the fact you called him a troll, you must have been one of the exploiters.....or maybe just "friends with some".

+ Reply to Thread