Closed Thread
Page 1 of 38 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree277Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: A rollback is still needed Trion.

Default A rollback is still needed Trion.

The issue with Conquest farming has completely unbalanced the PvP aspect of the game, and it's ruining it for those of us that either didn't get the chance to take advantage of this, or that just didn't want to grief an entire faction by camping them on loading screens.

As it stands on the Laethys battlegroup anyone who spammed Dom and got R50 within that weekend has a massive superiority complex and absolutely trashes on anyone who played the other factions. While everyone else is at a massive disadvantage in PvP because "welfare R50" was pretty much handed to them.

I for one got to play two Conquest matches on the launch day due to having work commitments for the remainder, even that single day put myself and anyone in a similar position at a massive disadvantage. After that, it then came down to;
    - Join Dominion for farming, easy Favour/Prestige gains and free slaughter on the winning team whil Achlich is in play
    - Join Oathsworn to stare at a loading screen and attempt to play the game by capping very few points
    - Join Nightfall for an easy, mindless win because Dom didn't care enough to compete until the Archlich came into play, in which then be farmed.

Personally, I've only ever played Nightfall, every match I've been in. This wasn't because "They're the faction to win everytime", due to the first several matches I played we got absolutely stomped, I picked them because I have no interest in factionhopping, and the little background story given between each faction, which is just personal preference.

PvP as a whole has been totally unbalanced by this because it's managed to put anyone who didn't take advantage and grief-farm Oathsworn miles behind those who P50'd within the first few days, and now the rates are back to normal. It isn't fun to get absolutely rolled by one of the several people who got P50 in each Warfront, whereas before it was fairly uncommon to see large amounts of P40's in one match.

One of three things needs to happen to adress this situation;
    -Roll back anyone who clearly abused Dominion and got above a certain threshold of Favour/Prestiege gain
    -Revert rates back to what they were before the nerf and make P50 an easy gain to give everyone an equal chance
    -Roll back everyone to pre-1.9 standings, although this option would punish people who atleast tried to legitimately play the game, atleast the severe unbalance would be fixed.

Simply adding more defenses to bases to prevent spawncamping is not a proper solution to the imbalance this has caused a whole. This is hurting the entire community.

Shadowlander

more people having r50 gear = unbalanced?

If anything this has bridged the gap, more people are involved in PVP now than before. How is this a bad thing?
    Last edited by Aricia; 07-02-2012 at 08:57 PM.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Aricia View Post

If anything this has bridged the gap, more people are involved in PVP now than before. How is this a bad thing?
    The bad thing is a lot of people either missed the chance entirely (personally, I have spent the last week helping my family get ready for our huge firework show this week), or were morally and ethically against it (which I was in the one round I managed to get in on).

Because at this point the method used to gain those ranks so fast has been fixed, so anyone who hasn't directly taken advantage has been left in the dust.

When there's people posting videos bragging about how they farmed other players in the base camps..and laughing about it..all the while showing how many prestige levels they were getting doing it..

Something is wrong with that picture.

Let's keep in mind, these people killed other players over and over and over again for up to an hour or more (depending on how long the conquest battle lasted)..with the players being killed having no way to fight back or push them out.

Obviously spawn camping was not intended by Trion to be the main way to gain prestige and favor, because Trion fixed the problem...and people cannot do it anymore.

I agree, some kind of roll back needs to happen.

Shadowlander

The best solution is just to increase the pvp gains across the board so those of us who didn't take advantage of the situation Trion created can get to the same level as those who did without the months of painful grinding it looks like it's gonna be with the current state of things. Rollbacks are never the answer, they do more harm than good to everyone.

The differences between r40 and r50 are hardly game breaking. I can assure you, you would have gotten murdered anyway.

And I'm not even r50 yet. I notice more of a gap with those ID weapons quite honestly.

Rift Master

Speaking of ID, I wonder if people would consider it legit if I got a fresh 50 and used some flawed mechanic to go from experts to fully geared ID in 3 days, cause thats about how long it took for people to abuse conquest and go from R1 to R50

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    The differences between r40 and r50 are hardly game breaking. I can assure you, you would have gotten murdered anyway.

And I'm not even r50 yet. I notice more of a gap with those ID weapons quite honestly.
    I don't know about you...but I play this game to relax and have fun.

Do you think the people being farmed in this video were having fun? Clearly the farmers were enjoying themselves..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVk_gt4Z6iQ

Or how about these people in this video, do you think they were having fun?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvRqQ...ature=youtu.be

Or what about this one?

http://www.twitch.tv/khellendross/b/323386711

If you read the chat in all of those videos, you can clearly see that it was not fun for any of them. Except the farmers of course..they were killing players who had no way to fight back

It's not fun or challenging...and it certainly is not pvp.

Isn't that why we play this game in the first place? To have fun and enjoy ourselves?

None of that has anything to do with my statement o_0

Shadowlander

The people in those videos getting farmed, can you guess waht they did during the next conquest?
    Made sure they wernt on the team that gets farmed and joined in on the farming.

There are 2 types of people asking for a rollback..

a) Butthurt high ranked people that only want a rollback so they continue to outgear (outskill?) people and are only interested in keeping their advantage

or

b) Pissed off people that wernt able to get online (this is Trions problem?) who WOULD have joined in the farming, so because they wernt able to take advantage themselves they're crying because they feel left out.

which one are you?

You do realize that Trion has rolled back people in the past for PvP exploits, and that they are not in the policy of naming and shaming right?

Seriously, if they roll people back, they aren't going to tell you, so drop the subject, and shut heck up about it already.
    Last edited by Aguni; 07-02-2012 at 09:51 PM.

The people in those videos getting farmed, can you guess waht they did during the next conquest?
    Made sure they wernt on the team that gets farmed and joined in on the farming.

There are 2 types of people asking for a rollback..

a) Butthurt high ranked people that only want a rollback so they continue to outgear (outskill?) people and are only interested in keeping their advantage

or

b) Pissed off people that wernt able to get online (this is Trions problem?) who WOULD have joined in the farming, so because they wernt able to take advantage themselves they're crying because they feel left out.

which one are you?
    The person that -only- played Nightfall every match. Point?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiraan View Post
    The person that -only- played Nightfall every match. Point?
    Read my above reply.

Would like it if a mod closed this topic.

People are trifling these days.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Drigr View Post
    The bad thing is a lot of people either missed the chance entirely (personally, I have spent the last week helping my family get ready for our huge firework show this week), or were morally and ethically against it (which I was in the one round I managed to get in on).
    So if you have to work on a "double xp weekend" it's unfair and unbalanced because you missed out due to your prior commitments? Everyone that is calling for a rollback seems to cite the fact that it is unfair because they missed it. Well how about I whine because I just got rift a few months ago and others have had a whole year of advantage over me? Would that make sense? Of course not. All you can do is play the game and keep going.

By the way I am NOT P50, I did play some but I am not even to P20 yet and a lot of the time I was on the faction BEING farmed. Sometimes you get breaks and sometimes you miss out due to other things, but crying that those that got in on something that you didn't is childish.

In the end the expansion will be coming out and we will be back on a level playing field marching to 60 and getting all new armor, trinkets, prestige levels, etc. So really a couple of months of a few people having an advantage over me is insignificant. Well they already had a year advantage so whats the difference?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 38 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast