+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Suggestion for Conquest

Default Suggestion for Conquest

Okay this is a suggestion...I saw it on Dominion first. The Donominion started losing and the people who do this have moved onto Oath.

Basically instead of actually participating in the conquest, a certain segment of the player base will go to an enemy base and focus fire the "fatal funnel" that people must pass through to get to the battle field. Now this is not about the unending battle about spawn camping, it is about exploting the favor/prestige gain in the zone. Many people said "I will care about winning when I am P50."

Now I think the extra favor and prestige is good. It gets more people in and adds to the massive feel of the encounters BUT just spawn camping like this at the base allows for this to be exploited. As such I would propose that within X meters of an opposing factions base a gobal stat debuff kicks in to make the campers more vulberable or a favor/prestige gain debuff where you get maybe 1/4 the reward. This way people are encouraged NOT to camp for what they claim is greater efficiency and to play the actual game.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Ascendant

Don't care how they go about doing this, as long as people stop using the word "exploit", even though you didn't use the word "exploit" to suggest cheating or whatever.
    White Fang

Adastra@Greybriar

Yeah I don't think it is "cheating". I am using the dictionary definition. They have found a side effect of the current legit rules that allows them to game favor/prestige in a manner that I think the devs did not intend. It's not cheating because they are not breaking any rules, just taking advantage of one. I think "exploit" is an often over used and misused term myself.
    Last edited by Galibier; 06-29-2012 at 12:09 PM.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

+ Reply to Thread