+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Conquest 'exploit' ruining the fun of earning PvP ranks?

Telaran

Default Conquest 'exploit' ruining the fun of earning PvP ranks?

Any opinions on this?

Holding the sourcestone in conquest gives a buff to prestige gains. Groups are taking the sourcestone to the spawn of the opposite faction and farming away the game. Combined with prestige vials, this tactic earns complete prestige levels each game.

In my opinion, this is doubly silly. Spawns shouldn't be able to be camped, first of all. Secondly, how did TRION not learn from the sourcestone 'exploit' of the rank 7 to 8 grind? Doing the grind this way ruins a bit of the fun of actually earning PvP ranks.

Wondering what your opinions are on this. I use exploit loosely, as it's might very well be intended. However, having such an intention as a development team seems a bit... strange.

Soulwalker

My guess is that we will see a hotfix making the turrets oneshot players within a day.

Telaran

That doesn't really fix the second issue, though. The root problem is the prestige gain and the sourcestone. If it wasn't worth it to camp a spawn, and objectives mattered more, people would (probably) not be doing it.

General of Telara

Someone gained 4 prestige ranks in our last Conquest spawn camping Oathsworn... (thats 4 ranks in one game that was 20 mins long)

ah yes all the fun of being cannon fodder for the p50s how could i forget the good times i had grinding warfronts all weekend with viles to get a few pvp ranks and maybe a piece or two of armor

Plane Touched

This exploit and the people willing to do it are completely ruining Conquest for Nightfall on my server. Last match ended in about 10 minutes and noone from Nightfall was even able to get out of our base as both dominion and oathsworn grabbed stones and stood INSIDE our base farming us. The cannons seriously need to 1 shot and be aoe not single target. The base should be a safe zone.
    Last edited by Ezariel; 06-29-2012 at 11:28 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Ezariel View Post
    This exploit and the people willing to do it are completely ruining Conquest for Nightfall on my server. Last match ended in about 10 minutes and noone from Nightfall was even able to get out of our base as both dominion and oathsworn grabbed stones and stood INSIDE our base farming us.
    So don't que for nightfall? The funny thing is that pvp will get worse when they fix the lag. You will see. Call me Yoda. Who cares. Something this bad you just deal with.

General of Telara

In my battlegroup its Oathsworn getting spawn camped every fight by DOminion while Nightfall caps the map

Plane Touched

Actually right now if your in EU the best faction to be is Nightfall if you want to win the conquest, as Dominion just Camp Oathswatch, not caring about the objectives at the moment.
    Last edited by Tectonics; 06-29-2012 at 11:34 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Balidin View Post
    Someone gained 4 prestige ranks in our last Conquest spawn camping Oathsworn... (thats 4 ranks in one game that was 20 mins long)
    Yeah. The whole thing makes me feel a bit silly about doing the grind the 'legitimate' way. I was first to reach Brigadier on my shard without taking advantage of the Conquest issue. It makes putting any work in to PvP at all seem sillly.

What is most frustrating about this, to me, is that there will be no repercussions for people that are doing this. It might not be an exploit per se, no game mechanics are being broken or circumvented, I suppose, but it's very obviously something that shouldn't be happening.

I wish TRION would have nipped this in the bud earlier. I wish even more that they would disable Conquest, fix the problem, and roll back prestige for those that went around actually earning their prestige. I know it won't happen, though. They did little to fix their similar mistake in the 7-8 grind.

I'm regretting coming back for 1.9.

Soulwalker

Since when were gaining PvP ranks fun? I just want to get R50. Getting tonnes of prestige in Conquest is super fun!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by EscapeNow View Post
    Any opinions on this?

Holding the sourcestone in conquest gives a buff to prestige gains. Groups are taking the sourcestone to the spawn of the opposite faction and farming away the game. Combined with prestige vials, this tactic earns complete prestige levels each game.

In my opinion, this is doubly silly. Spawns shouldn't be able to be camped, first of all. Secondly, how did TRION not learn from the sourcestone 'exploit' of the rank 7 to 8 grind? Doing the grind this way ruins a bit of the fun of actually earning PvP ranks.

Wondering what your opinions are on this. I use exploit loosely, as it's might very well be intended. However, having such an intention as a development team seems a bit... strange.
    Yes, you are using the term "exploit" a bit loosely. The sourcestone "exploit" you're referring to is the PvP rift x-teaming thing, where one side willingly agrees to pickup the stone and allows himself to be killed by the other side. Technically, that wasn't an exploit either, but it was a mechanic that was taken advantage of.

Getting spawned camped is different story. There are ways to prevent it, such as attempting to alert your faction that a base rush is about to happen and to have everyone group up at xyz and intercept. Since the data from the devs suggests that the player counts are more or less even, the only way you can truly be outnumbered is if two factions end up working together base camp you. In that case, that can't be helped I guess.

Edit: Besides, the actual new PvP grind at the moment is not going from rank 40-50, it's getting all the Mark of Conquests. :P
    Last edited by Adastra; 06-29-2012 at 11:39 AM.
    White Fang

Adastra@Greybriar

Champion

This is not an exploit. The game is built so that we can go and spawn camp so none of us are doing anything wrong, we are simply playing it as the developer have made it.

Of course they should have either made us immune to attacks when respawning, or making the spawn so that it can not be camped when spawning, but this is a mess up from the developer if anything, and nothing you can blame the players for.

I am sure we will see a patch for it soon, but until then i will keep on playing it as it is set up for us players to play. People talk of rollback, but again we are all playing the game as it was made for us, so a rollback is not even a option. Developer should know more about gameplay, because this was a big miss from their side and nothing TRION can blame the players for.

No exploit, but nothing has trivialized the 'progression' to r50 more than Conquest. Conquest makes bonus port scions look like childs play for rewards.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Rift Disciple

Seeing the crazy amount of prestige and fovor you can get in conquest with or without buffs I think this may be by design to get everyone easily to max rank and on even playing field to stop the huge imbalance in pvp from max rank and low rank. Just an assumption maybe it is an exploit and they'll fix it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast