+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Ascended Chronicle: First Impressions of Conquest

Ascendant

Default The Ascended Chronicle: First Impressions of Conquest

Greetings!

In this new installment of The Ascended Chronicle, I discuss the launch of Conquest and the impressions it made on me that first day. I dive into the pros and cons of the current system and provide my take on solutions to the issues we've seen. Have a look! The link is in my signature!
    Moved on from Rift due to: Rift's PvP being a mindless, skilless zerg that has been and will continue to be perpetuated and reinforced :: A horribly optimized engine :: My personal distaste for F2P (already heading down the P2W path) after giving it a fair shake. Rift is an exceptional MMO by an overachieving development team that unfortunately is ruined by a few personally show-stopping issues.

Sword of Telara

Oathsworn camp Nightfall almost the entire last match. They didn't care about the objectives; they only cared about farming the unlucky participants of Nightfall. My suggestion is to put more Turrets inside the initial bases. Increase their rate of fire dramatically and make their kills an instant respawn to your base.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar
    Hey guys, there is a lot of speculation out there right now, I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings.
    Daglar; Lead Calling Designer~10/17/12

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony01 View Post
    Oathsworn camp Nightfall almost the entire last match. They didn't care about the objectives; they only cared about farming the unlucky participants of Nightfall. My suggestion is to put more Turrets inside the initial bases. Increase their rate of fire dramatically and make their kills an instant respawn to your base.
    I got 15k prestiege no pots and I died halfway through the camp.
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

Ascendant

Shameless bump. Also, I'm going to update the blog post to cover the very apparent issue that is spawn camping in more detail.
    Moved on from Rift due to: Rift's PvP being a mindless, skilless zerg that has been and will continue to be perpetuated and reinforced :: A horribly optimized engine :: My personal distaste for F2P (already heading down the P2W path) after giving it a fair shake. Rift is an exceptional MMO by an overachieving development team that unfortunately is ruined by a few personally show-stopping issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Synovia View Post
    Shameless bump. Also, I'm going to update the blog post to cover the very apparent issue that is spawn camping in more detail.
    I mean this kind of tongue-in-cheek, but does it really need more detail? ;)
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Kyera View Post
    I mean this kind of tongue-in-cheek, but does it really need more detail? ;)
    Heh well, no. But I was more referring to the fact I would propose a solution to the camping although Trion already has one on the PTS at the moment in that the turrets one-shot players now.

Here's my blog:

It sucks.

+ Reply to Thread