+ Reply to Thread

Thread: joining Conquest

KML
    Shadowlander

Default joining Conquest

Perhaps others may be similarly confused about hows the queues work:

When my 'next conquest' countdown (finally) reaches zero, I still don't get join buttons for a minute or more. When the buttons do show up, the better factions are already full. When I join the remaining faction and enter conquest, sometimes the present game is well under way (most recent one lasted only a few minutes).

So, I do not understand. Is it just blind luck that our queue timer may run down near the beginning of a battle?

Is there a description somewhere about how this all works?

ps: Hopefully Trion quickly corrects the imbalances (mainly advantage of starting areas). Since that will be difficult given the present map, perahaps adjust respective team sizes based on historical win/lose info, e.g. give Nightfall x% more people until they win as much as the other factions.

Thanks

The buttons DONT appear as long as you have the menu up.
    You need to close to menu, and again press K(sometimes a few times after the CD reached 0).

So just refresh a few times, and the buttons will be there.
    If you do this directly after the CD reaches 0, you will be in the zone on time
    Last edited by NearioNL; 06-29-2012 at 09:18 AM.
    Sotiria, GM of Fade Legion.. Founder of Covenant(Argent)
    pew pew rogue
    4/4, 2/4, 1/5

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by KML View Post
    When the buttons do show up, the better factions are already full.
    can you elaborate plz?
    IM BACK!

Ascendant

He probably means the factions that tend to win the most.

My issue is that the three factions were full within 10 seconds here.

KML
    Shadowlander

Ok, thanks. That has got to be a bug? I in fact did begin closing/reopening the Conquest interface, but even then it seemed to take a few tries, so I dismissed that as the solution. So, it is a race to see who can close and reopen the window the fastest when the timer runs down. It still seemed like the war was long underway when I got in even though it was only a minute or less, but it sounds like that is not the case. Is there actually a dead time between events?? How else can they have a fixed cool-down time that also corresponds to the very beginning of a new event? They clearly need to make the faction assignment random, imho.

Quote Originally Posted by madroxz View Post
    can you elaborate plz?
    My first event on opening day was Oathsworn. We won and it was a decent battle of about 30 minutes+. All subsequent events, I have been on Nightfall (the only faction available) and we got smeared and spawn camped. Oathsworn won every one of those events. Clearly the layout of spawns greatly effects peoples behavior and event outcome.

+ Reply to Thread