+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By Maragar
  • 2 Post By jca
  • 1 Post By Leif

Thread: Conquest and melee

Default Conquest and melee

Imo Conquest feks melee classes sideways elbow deep in the azz. I hope someone else has noticed the same. Maybe i just build my warrior into a uber ranged teeny phew phew dps prostituta. sigh
    Last edited by Maragar; 06-29-2012 at 09:01 AM.
    DPS = angstic emo teen

Spear-chucking for the proverbial win.
    what is this I don't even

I do fine, but then I don't wade into armpit deep lag and expect to come out unscathed.
    Even free cost too much now

Quote Originally Posted by Maragar View Post
    Imo Conquest feks melee classes sideways elbow deep in the azz. I hope someone else has noticed the same. Maybe i just build my warrior into a uber ranged teeny phew phew dps prostituta. sigh
    At least as melee you might have some idea who your target is. Conquest is such a mindless zerg fest and the visual lag is so atrocious that as ranged you can't click target and even when you tab target you typically are hitting somebody you can't even see. It's a horribly broken mess ...

And I love every chaotic second of it
    Even free cost too much now

Telaran

There is only one reason to why I participate in that event; marks for PVP trinket. Killing phantoms or being killed by phantoms is not my idea of fun.

Rift Disciple

If they fixed the lag it would actually be worse for melee warriors. So it can only get worse not better. It is due to huge design flaws in ranged dps and melee survivability. In a large scale battles with no lag melee will get torn up so fast no point.

In other words, conquest sucks but has good rewards. After rank 50 I will never do another again. I hate being unable to heal. For pvp need to look to other options.

Be thankful for the lag warriors. Actually, be thankful for the lag Trion.
    Last edited by Mekenna; 06-29-2012 at 10:23 AM.

Shadowlander

Oh darn, now those poor warriors cannot charge into 200 people and survive. Clearly warriors need a survivability and damage buff to compensate for their obvious poor PvP proformance.

Conquest and Melee is a total failure. Range specs win all. It's obvious. All over the map your opponents are standing behind Turrets range attacking you. Nothing about that says "melee has a chance". Thanks Trion for killing the Warrior class in Conquest.

In before the ******ed Trolls who say "I can wipe them out with my uber 51 Champ cornbeef ability". We're talking fundamentals for Conquest. Not small elite skirmish teams that have multiple pocket healers. Even small skirmish teams are running range combat specs to hit and run. Conquest is a dream map for Sabs. Nuff said.
    Last edited by Steelwind; 06-29-2012 at 10:39 AM.
    Steelwind Guardian Warrior
    DIVINE FURY Guild Laethys Server 4/4 TotDQ 4/4 FT 4/5 EE
    Storm Legion 2.2 61 Riftblade Guide
    Storm Legion 2.2 61 Tempest Guide

jca
    Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Thundarthor View Post
    Oh darn, now those poor warriors cannot charge into 200 people and survive. Clearly warriors need a survivability and damage buff to compensate for their obvious poor PvP proformance.
    Actually it has nothing to do with "poor PvP performance. It has everything to do with charging in against 1 target and all of a sudden being in a group of about 50 enemies that just materialized out of nowhere.

Rift Disciple

How could none of you see this coming? Large scale battles pulervize melee in this game. Ranged dps is way to high. Warrior survivability is to low. The classes are so out of wack in regards to balance it was obvious. The lag conceals these issues. Rogue sabs were the equalivalent to dropping a grenade on pvp balance for large scale battles in the first place.

Just get rank 50 and if you want to pvp roll a rogue or Mage. My cleric has ranged so yea . Just move on. The fact rogue sabs were not nerfed prior to 1.9 is reason enough to start looking for another game.

Let me repeat. It will get much worse for warriors. The lag is your friend. Well it is Trions friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekenna View Post
    It is due to huge design flaws in ranged dps and melee survivability.
    No it isn't. The issue is that when you're in a raid full of DPS, everything blows up in less than a second and someone wading into your group makes an obvious target.

+ Reply to Thread