+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By wickede

Thread: new gear!

Default new gear!

So who is enjoying the fact that without the new synergy crytal the new gear is actually a downgrade from the old stuff

it's ok cause marks are super fast to get though -_-

General of Telara

The gear is my biggest pet peeve with the game atm. They delayed the new gear so that it wouldn't trivialize ID (at least that's what people claimed at 1.8) so we wait ages for new gear then het offered this pile of crap. It's terrible, I had to look twice to make sure it was not just a Redskins of my old gear. This crap could have come out with 1.8 and made no impact to anyone. As it is, it came out weeks later after pvpers have had to admire all the ID gear and get facerolled by people using it only to find out what we get is totally irrelevant an upgrade.

New gear should not be an inferior upgrade to simply adding an average rune to the old gear.

Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    So who is enjoying the fact that without the new synergy crytal the new gear is actually a downgrade from the old stuff

it's ok cause marks are super fast to get though -_-
    I don't upgrade my gear like a goofball.

I buy 3 pieces of armor. Get everything else that isn't armor. And I will make sure that when I have enough marks I will have enough favor to get the crystal - then just a little more gaming and I can turn in one more piece for the 4 set. GG I just upgraded without losing stats. I got all my big time armor pieces (2x 120k favor items, 1x 92k item). There is one more 92k and the other 3 are the 62k items. The time it will take me to earn the remaining pieces upon finally getting the crystal is not much and imo far more worth it than running around with a significant downgrade in stats.

Time to close gap of marks to get r50 crystal > time to get remaining 4 pieces after getting r50 crystal.
    Last edited by Violacea; 06-29-2012 at 11:06 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

General of Telara

^ Basically what he said. You can still upgrade your gear without losing your synergy bonuses in the process. You have 7 slots that proc your crystal, and it only takes 4 of them to get max benefit. So that means you have 4 pieces of R40 gear, and 3 pieces of R50 gear and your still getting your crystal boost.

Once you have your R50 crystal in hand, you can upgrade that final piece to 4/4 R50.

This isn't exactly a new process... its been like this for 50 ranks of PvP now, as well as Expert / Epic Crafted / Raid T1 / Raid T2 Gear (the only exception being ID).
    Last edited by Itseotle; 06-29-2012 at 12:17 PM.
    The Riftguard
    Deepwood :: TDQ 4/4 :: FT 2/4
    Morning Raiding Guild - Recruiting!

Atrius: "Paragon seems solid. At Level 60 I came in at the top of IA damage."

Quote Originally Posted by Itseotle View Post
    ^ Basically what he said. You can still upgrade your gear without losing your synergy bonuses in the process. You have 7 slots that proc your crystal, and it only takes 4 of them to get max benefit. So that means you have 4 pieces of R40 gear, and 3 pieces of R50 gear and your still getting your crystal boost.

Once you have your R50 crystal in hand, you can upgrade that final piece to 4/4 R50.

This isn't exactly a new process... its been like this for 50 ranks of PvP now, as well as Expert / Epic Crafted / Raid T1 / Raid T2 Gear (the only exception being ID).
    i have every reaper's item bought except a chest, and not enough marks for crystal yet, however i was using vials the entire time which now seems like a waste. i did have 2 full sets of nihilist though so i don't lose my set

+ Reply to Thread