+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14
Like Tree10Likes
  • 6 Post By Kyera
  • 2 Post By Kyera
  • 1 Post By HannonHellbringer
  • 1 Post By Kyera

Thread: Kyera's Quality of Life Suggestion: Conquest Battlefield Report (Raid Tracker)

  1. #1
    Ascendant Kyera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,402

    Default Kyera's Quality of Life Suggestion: Conquest Battlefield Report (Raid Tracker)

    So one super annoying thing that I've experienced plenty in Conquest is the fact there is very little communication, and it's nearly impossible to figure out where the hell people are going and heading (inside and outside of your raid) without this communication. As has also been mentioned, like, a billion times, it's a huge pain in the *** trying to heal in Conquest instances, because members of your raid have no idea where to go and you have no raid frames for the seven thousand players outside of your raid.

    So, I decided to sketch up a UI feature (one is a sort of menu/tab, the other a floating UI element) that might help with both coordination and, provided Trion can get raid frames displayed for raids you're not in, warfront healing.

    Here's a screenshot that more or less sums it up.

    For your raid, you get the option to turn off non-leader waypoints for your raid (handy when you've got seven thousand waypoints on your map and are trying to find out where the person who SHOULD be leading your raid wants to go), and raid leaders are able to designate the task they want their raid to perform (attacking, defending, or roaming in a non-fixed role).

    For other friendly raids in the instance, you get the name of the raid leader, the option to have their waypoint and location indicator show up on your map, a summary of their raid composition (replace the class designations with player names -- it's just filler), their role and current location (with an indicator for the faction of the objective they are at/near, if applicable), the size of their raid, whether their raid is open/closed, and the option to turn on a "Conquest raid frame" (which is really just a normal raid frame). This one has a fixed frame, but I assume if you got more raids you'd just put a scrollbar.

    On top of that, you have the option to display a tiny little HUD element that gives you brief summary data so you can monitor the size, location, and role/task for each friendly raid, giving you quick, at-a-glance information to help with your decision-making.

    Thoughts? Likes? Dislikes?
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

  2. #2
    Ascendant Misun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Sticks
    Posts
    5,802

    Default

    Great ideas!
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

    DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

  3. #3
    Champion Synergis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    515

    Default

    To add, "leaders"'should be able to get voted down if they aren't leading correctly. Like how some derps in normal wfs dont pass assist. Considering the size and scope of things in conquest it would be nice pick a lead or befor the match starts click a button saying your willing to lead your raid. Give the leaders attack and defend markers and gain additional xp/favor/prestige/marks for following your leaders orders.

    GSB Conq/ROS Conq/HK Conq/ID Conq
    4/4 TotDQ
    4/4 FT
    2/5 EE
    <The Chosen>

  4. #4
    Champion of Telara Puandro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,248

    Default

    You are asking trion to spend more resources on Conquest. It isnt going to happen. Might have a **** next year once storm legion settles down.
    Gnarlwood - Belladonna - P50 Rogue
    Seastone - Puandro - P24 Mage
    Im here for the PvE, not the unbalanced subpar PvP.
    Just Waiting...

  5. #5
    Ascendant Kyera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Puandro View Post
    You are asking trion to spend more resources on Conquest. It isnt going to happen. Might have a **** next year once storm legion settles down.
    True. I guess I should just not care and mope around on the boards instead.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

  6. #6
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    839

    Default

    Don't do that, the moping closet is getting full and I was reserving a spot for me after seeing the useless PvP gear upgrade.

    As for the plan, I like it. The gear may have left me disillusioned but anything that can improve PvP would be appreciated

  7. #7
    Plane Walker Grimt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    430

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Puandro View Post
    You are asking trion to spend more resources on Conquest. It isnt going to happen. Might have a **** next year once storm legion settles down.
    Pout much?

  8. #8
    Plane Walker Grimt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    430

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyera View Post
    So one super annoying thing that I've experienced plenty in Conquest is the fact there is very little communication, and it's nearly impossible to figure out where the hell people are going and heading (inside and outside of your raid) without this communication. As has also been mentioned, like, a billion times, it's a huge pain in the *** trying to heal in Conquest instances, because members of your raid have no idea where to go and you have no raid frames for the seven thousand players outside of your raid.

    So, I decided to sketch up a UI feature (one is a sort of menu/tab, the other a floating UI element) that might help with both coordination and, provided Trion can get raid frames displayed for raids you're not in, warfront healing.

    Here's a screenshot that more or less sums it up.

    For your raid, you get the option to turn off non-leader waypoints for your raid (handy when you've got seven thousand waypoints on your map and are trying to find out where the person who SHOULD be leading your raid wants to go), and raid leaders are able to designate the task they want their raid to perform (attacking, defending, or roaming in a non-fixed role).

    For other friendly raids in the instance, you get the name of the raid leader, the option to have their waypoint and location indicator show up on your map, a summary of their raid composition (replace the class designations with player names -- it's just filler), their role and current location (with an indicator for the faction of the objective they are at/near, if applicable), the size of their raid, whether their raid is open/closed, and the option to turn on a "Conquest raid frame" (which is really just a normal raid frame). This one has a fixed frame, but I assume if you got more raids you'd just put a scrollbar.

    On top of that, you have the option to display a tiny little HUD element that gives you brief summary data so you can monitor the size, location, and role/task for each friendly raid, giving you quick, at-a-glance information to help with your decision-making.

    Thoughts? Likes? Dislikes?
    I'd love to see something like that ... nice job.

  9. #9
    Ascendant Kyera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,402

    Default

    Since this slipped off the page with the one thousand qq threads, I wanted to bring it to the attention of the evening/weekend crowd to get their thoughts.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

  10. #10
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    465

    Default

    Lot's of good stuff here,

    I didn't read all the responses, but if it's not been mentioned, I would say for your UI idea, that you can conserve some space by having the leaders' UI's as tabs. Like on the chat box we have. Each tab could have thier name and change if that leader changes.

  11. #11
    Ascendant Zaros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,411

    Default

    I like it. The only problem I have, is the matter of getting actual 'leaders' in the position of leadership.
    ~Quiescent

  12. #12
    Ascendant HannonHellbringer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,142

    Default

    You know what I miss, Battlefield 2's commander role. I know its an fps game but it did it right. It allowed one player to become the overall commander of their faction to lead their troops into the fight, the commander got rewards for their soldiers following orders and completing objectives and the soldiers got a bonus for following the commanders orders. It could allow the commander to pull up a commanders map which can show all the raids.

    Kyera, your idea is pretty nice.

  13. #13
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    237

    Default

    Just make dots on the map where every teammate is. It will be easier for us to find our zerg, instead of roaming around the map alone.

  14. #14
    Ascendant Kyera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HannonHellbringer View Post
    You know what I miss, Battlefield 2's commander role.
    I was super disappointed this did not make it to BF3.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts