+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree10Likes
  • 6 Post By Kyera
  • 2 Post By Kyera
  • 1 Post By HannonHellbringer
  • 1 Post By Kyera

Thread: Kyera's Quality of Life Suggestion: Conquest Battlefield Report (Raid Tracker)

Default Kyera's Quality of Life Suggestion: Conquest Battlefield Report (Raid Tracker)

So one super annoying thing that I've experienced plenty in Conquest is the fact there is very little communication, and it's nearly impossible to figure out where the hell people are going and heading (inside and outside of your raid) without this communication. As has also been mentioned, like, a billion times, it's a huge pain in the *** trying to heal in Conquest instances, because members of your raid have no idea where to go and you have no raid frames for the seven thousand players outside of your raid.

So, I decided to sketch up a UI feature (one is a sort of menu/tab, the other a floating UI element) that might help with both coordination and, provided Trion can get raid frames displayed for raids you're not in, warfront healing.

Here's a screenshot that more or less sums it up.

For your raid, you get the option to turn off non-leader waypoints for your raid (handy when you've got seven thousand waypoints on your map and are trying to find out where the person who SHOULD be leading your raid wants to go), and raid leaders are able to designate the task they want their raid to perform (attacking, defending, or roaming in a non-fixed role).

For other friendly raids in the instance, you get the name of the raid leader, the option to have their waypoint and location indicator show up on your map, a summary of their raid composition (replace the class designations with player names -- it's just filler), their role and current location (with an indicator for the faction of the objective they are at/near, if applicable), the size of their raid, whether their raid is open/closed, and the option to turn on a "Conquest raid frame" (which is really just a normal raid frame). This one has a fixed frame, but I assume if you got more raids you'd just put a scrollbar.

On top of that, you have the option to display a tiny little HUD element that gives you brief summary data so you can monitor the size, location, and role/task for each friendly raid, giving you quick, at-a-glance information to help with your decision-making.

Thoughts? Likes? Dislikes?
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Great ideas!
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

To add, "leaders"'should be able to get voted down if they aren't leading correctly. Like how some derps in normal wfs dont pass assist. Considering the size and scope of things in conquest it would be nice pick a lead or befor the match starts click a button saying your willing to lead your raid. Give the leaders attack and defend markers and gain additional xp/favor/prestige/marks for following your leaders orders.

GSB Conq/ROS Conq/HK Conq/ID Conq
    4/4 TotDQ
    4/4 FT
    2/5 EE
    <The Chosen>

You are asking trion to spend more resources on Conquest. It isnt going to happen. Might have a **** next year once storm legion settles down.
    Gnarlwood - Belladonna - P50 Rogue
    Seastone - Puandro - P24 Mage
    Im here for the PvE, not the unbalanced subpar PvP.
    Just Waiting...

Quote Originally Posted by Puandro View Post
    You are asking trion to spend more resources on Conquest. It isnt going to happen. Might have a **** next year once storm legion settles down.
    True. I guess I should just not care and mope around on the boards instead.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

General of Telara

Don't do that, the moping closet is getting full and I was reserving a spot for me after seeing the useless PvP gear upgrade.

As for the plan, I like it. The gear may have left me disillusioned but anything that can improve PvP would be appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Puandro View Post
    Pout much?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyera View Post
    So one super annoying thing that I've experienced plenty in Conquest is the fact there is very little communication, and it's nearly impossible to figure out where the hell people are going and heading (inside and outside of your raid) without this communication. As has also been mentioned, like, a billion times, it's a huge pain in the *** trying to heal in Conquest instances, because members of your raid have no idea where to go and you have no raid frames for the seven thousand players outside of your raid.

So, I decided to sketch up a UI feature (one is a sort of menu/tab, the other a floating UI element) that might help with both coordination and, provided Trion can get raid frames displayed for raids you're not in, warfront healing.

Here's a screenshot that more or less sums it up.

For your raid, you get the option to turn off non-leader waypoints for your raid (handy when you've got seven thousand waypoints on your map and are trying to find out where the person who SHOULD be leading your raid wants to go), and raid leaders are able to designate the task they want their raid to perform (attacking, defending, or roaming in a non-fixed role).

For other friendly raids in the instance, you get the name of the raid leader, the option to have their waypoint and location indicator show up on your map, a summary of their raid composition (replace the class designations with player names -- it's just filler), their role and current location (with an indicator for the faction of the objective they are at/near, if applicable), the size of their raid, whether their raid is open/closed, and the option to turn on a "Conquest raid frame" (which is really just a normal raid frame). This one has a fixed frame, but I assume if you got more raids you'd just put a scrollbar.

On top of that, you have the option to display a tiny little HUD element that gives you brief summary data so you can monitor the size, location, and role/task for each friendly raid, giving you quick, at-a-glance information to help with your decision-making.

Thoughts? Likes? Dislikes?
    I'd love to see something like that ... nice job.

Since this slipped off the page with the one thousand qq threads, I wanted to bring it to the attention of the evening/weekend crowd to get their thoughts.

Plane Walker

Lot's of good stuff here,

I didn't read all the responses, but if it's not been mentioned, I would say for your UI idea, that you can conserve some space by having the leaders' UI's as tabs. Like on the chat box we have. Each tab could have thier name and change if that leader changes.

I like it. The only problem I have, is the matter of getting actual 'leaders' in the position of leadership.
    ~Quiescent

You know what I miss, Battlefield 2's commander role. I know its an fps game but it did it right. It allowed one player to become the overall commander of their faction to lead their troops into the fight, the commander got rewards for their soldiers following orders and completing objectives and the soldiers got a bonus for following the commanders orders. It could allow the commander to pull up a commanders map which can show all the raids.

Kyera, your idea is pretty nice.

Plane Touched

Just make dots on the map where every teammate is. It will be easier for us to find our zerg, instead of roaming around the map alone.

Quote Originally Posted by HannonHellbringer View Post
    You know what I miss, Battlefield 2's commander role.
    I was super disappointed this did not make it to BF3.

+ Reply to Thread