+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Please make spawns uncampable

Default Please make spawns uncampable

Atm people are just spawncamping one of the sides farming add infinitium, please boost the turrets to one shot everything stupid enough to get near them as this is just stupid :/

before the maoners come in to say that this is pvp, it is NOT pvp if you are just getting force respawned/aoed down instantly inside your base :/

I agree, just tabbed out atm posting this whilst Dominion are insta killing us as soon as we respawn, No point in respawning if you die instantly before you even render.
    TeozTroy - 3/3 IG - 3/5 PBB

Okay....then people will just camp outside of the gun range. Make a spot uncampable - the campers will meet you on the next block over you have to pass by.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Okay....then people will just camp outside of the gun range. Make a spot uncampable - the campers will meet you on the next block over you have to pass by.
    But if players have some sort of safe zone, they could at least wait for others to respawn and counterattack with a decent sized force. At the moment, the turrets are so pathetically weak they may as well not even exist and as players can continuousally force others to respawn, they appear one at a time.

There's no reason whatsoever that the Mega Turrets shouldn't immediately kill whatever's in range. In every other warfront you're forbidden from entering the enemies spawn and are even teleported out if you somehow achieve it. How come thats not the case here?

agreed with robot, it would be one thing if we could even spawn adn organise some sort of offesnive, we cant at the moment.

General of Telara

This is a big problem at the moment and breaks Conquest. The map is ignored while the zergs just run to each others spawn points and stand in the middle of the base insta killing people.

This has to be hotfixed quickly or Conquest will have a huge stigma attached like Ilum in SWTOR.

I agree with this idea.
    The turrets should be a force to be feared.

Likely trion wont fix that because then the turrets will be supercharged and will also one-shot people near the extractors making the map a problem for those capturing turrets, likely or not pvp is going to have camping base or otherwise just get used to it

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Robotnik View Post
    But if players have some sort of safe zone, they could at least wait for others to respawn and counterattack with a decent sized force. At the moment, the turrets are so pathetically weak they may as well not even exist and as players can continuousally force others to respawn, they appear one at a time.

There's no reason whatsoever that the Mega Turrets shouldn't immediately kill whatever's in range. In every other warfront you're forbidden from entering the enemies spawn and are even teleported out if you somehow achieve it. How come thats not the case here?
    Mixed feeling on this, on one point, yes, getting camped in base sucks a lot, and it can/does happen. Usually though, when it does happen it is at the fault of the team. I guess in a large scale public group, it's probably not expected to have people scouting their territory for sneak attacks and other movements.

Trion could have intended for it to be possible base camp, but difficult to do so due to how out of the way it would be from the objectives. If you're doing a base attack, that means you're leaving your extractors open for taking.

I realize that people mostly do the camps because it offers the best payout. If anything, they could just make it so killing people in their base gives very little prestige/favor (something like 75-90% reduction). This would probably reduce the incentive to base camp.
    White Fang

Adastra@Greybriar

Ascendant

/sign

10char

It's a shame that one should have to ask for this type of fix.

I don't get the mentality some display during PvP, where they go to the spawn point of the opposite faction and zerg/spawn kill the other players before the can reform or even rebuff.

Is this "fun" somehow?

I do hope Trion helps to create a "safe zone" as a workaround, otherwise the great experience Conquest has been these last few days, will turn into a bit of something else, especially given the longer than usual wait to get into a instance.
    Comox, R31, retired

Quote Originally Posted by Athran View Post
    Likely trion wont fix that because then the turrets will be supercharged and will also one-shot people near the extractors making the map a problem for those capturing turrets, likely or not pvp is going to have camping base or otherwise just get used to it
    They can easily adjust the base turrets without the turrets on the battlefield being affected at all.

That said, I have no problem with the current state; it is what it is. Even if they buffed the base turrets or made the area not enterable to other factions, it will happen somewhere else such as the teleports. Yes, there are people that will constantly continue to use the teleporter after constantly dying over and over.

RiftScene.com - The Only RiftNerd Fansite You Need

Oka
    Shadowlander

The only place i see a big problem is the oathsworn base, both other factions have small gateways + walls for ranged to mount and be easily be pushed back

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Oka View Post
    The only place i see a big problem is the oathsworn base, both other factions have small gateways + walls for ranged to mount and be easily be pushed back
    second game in a row that is over after 5 min with dominion base camping oath.

http://s7.directupload.net/file/d/2936/8zsgbpuz_jpg.htm

~2000 kills , imagine the favor and prestige
    sry trion stop conquest right now.
    people moaning over favor cap in just one conquest game...

As Ellkar said, disable Conquest for now or fix the damn turrets.
    That last Conquest was my worst Rift experience since i started playing the game.

Got killed 10 times in 15 seconds because camping people kept respawning me and
    other million players. I barely managed to log out from the game, was deadlocked. Its obviously not meant to be this way, its an exploit, plus, that rate of respawns/kills destroys the servers latency (Icewatch)

Fix this ASAP
    Last edited by Eione; 06-29-2012 at 09:24 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast