Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Expletus

Thread: Conquest Review

Default Conquest Review

Suggestions:

-Root the boss to avoid the tower drag
    -Randomize the team to join
    -Limit the teams to 100 or even 50 each
    -Create a crafting portal that can be popped every 5 minutes to a location of that crafter's choosing
    -Lower the timer on conquest to 30 minutes and apply a 60 minute debuff to players who finished it this would allow the cycle of players and justify the 100 or 50 each team
    -Allow raid swapping
    -Group Que for conquest

Those are some things I would love to see.

Segundedddd.

YES! plz for the love of god lower the team sizes!!!
    Theblackspikes: Only a bit more than just another lvl 60 Mage
    Missing the <Unreal> home...

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSpikes View Post
    Why?

/10

No need to lower team sizes, if anything make them bigger, Trion informed us they are fixing the renduring issues so be patient.
    IdolizeThis of Wasted Talent <> Im a killer and I usually know my victims so I catch alot of bodies on the homie system.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10f2rAzxEF8g

Lower team sizes would allow the conquests to last longer thus giving you hour long battles making the wait painless.

NO!!!!!! Just regulate their populations more to ensure they're even.
    Even free cost too much now

Plane Walker

I very much like conquest and honestly don't think i've ever had as much fun in my year+ playing rift as i did in a full guild 15 man coordinated group on vent last night after our raid, but there are some things that need to be polished up.

If a group is public, let it drop all it's members and reform every few minutes with the closest bunch of people. It's entirely possible in conquest to be in an 80 person zerg and not see anyone in your raid in your immediate LoS. Healers in a raid of 20 that can only effectively heal the 2 raid members they can see are wasted when there are dozens of other people in their heal range that could definitely use heals. I would suggest having the raids reform as 18 man raids for added flexibility in case people run up and want to join a group

Currently, the only racial ability in the game that works in conquest is the dwarven density ability. I'd suggest allowing all participants this ability while in conquest as it would make the map much more navigable and currently strongly favors one of six possible races. I hate falling damage in this game to begin with and sure, there are a lot of times i'd like to be able to use my angelic flight racial ability to catch up with someone going the exact same speed as me on their mount right in to a group of 30 of their friends, but i think balancing the playing field falling damage wise when 2 of the spawns are high on hills is more important

Also, instead of entering a faction that says is available to join and getting stuck in queue for the duration if you aren't fast on your enter button, allow people to drop their places in their queues to choose a different faction. Nothing's more annoying than watching an entire conquest go by on the sidelines except maybe having to wait 2 hours to get in the next one after that because you blindly made a decision that too many other people blindly made. I think, though, that randomizing the teams and group queues as OP suggested is a better solution to this and other problems and would rather see that implemented

annnnnnd finally, if im on a different shard than a friend, there is no way to invite them to my raid group. Clicking their name and selecting invite will say "Playername@shard is not online".. typing just /invite playername will return "playername is not online"

and finally again, please make it so when im not in a conquest match it's chat isn't spamming my chat windows
    somehow /1 is always /conquest now for me and /5 is the zone im in. hoping that gets changed back.. i would like to have the channel slots for private channels with friends and cross shard 50 chat now that that's available

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Expletus View Post
    Lower team sizes would allow the conquests to last longer thus giving you hour long battles making the wait painless.
    Or they could... scale the kill count requirement based on queue/player counts in the zone, so if the game is expecting 100 vs 100 vs 100 or whatever the amount may be, then they could have it scale to something like 10000 kills or so.

Also, the dynamic grouping would be nice, just have it auto group with other nearby public groups, although guild/premade groups that want to run their own thing can just leave it on private and do their own thing without auto merging.
    White Fang

Adastra@Greybriar

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Adastra View Post
    Or they could... scale the kill count requirement based on queue/player counts in the zone, so if the game is expecting 100 vs 100 vs 100 or whatever the amount may be, then they could have it scale to something like 10000 kills or so.

Also, the dynamic grouping would be nice, just have it auto group with other nearby public groups, although guild/premade groups that want to run their own thing can just leave it on private and do their own thing without auto merging.
    yer a jenyis.. couldn't figure out what to call that.

lol.. 'dynamic grouping'. coined, 2012, Adastra

Quote Originally Posted by Expletus View Post
    Suggestions:

-Limit the teams to 100 or even 50 each
    *Yes! Even better, seperate groups, like p1-35 in one group, p36-50 in a second. They have enough players to do this, and would make it alot more fun!

-Allow raid swapping
    *My god yes! Not getting any heals because all the healers are in the raid next to yours = annoying!

-Group Que for conquest
    *I thought you already could (*points to Elrars live stream)

Those are some things I would love to see.
    /10char xD
    Tacos

Ascendant

I agree the tower drag is lame.
    Codex + 1 = Suck on a Gun

Quote Originally Posted by aeio View Post
    I agree the tower drag is lame.
    Heck even put a run speed of .001 on the mob.

Everything else makes sense but the root. want the boss control the field. That seems to be the implicit intent and makes sense because that is essentially the reward for victory. if you lose and still want marks do the foci run. that's what I do. All you have to do is tag a foci to get the marks so even if camped by another faction tag it then run like the ****ens. Btw the last word there is the last name of the author of A Christmas Carol (and nickname for the devil). how in the world can you not use a proper name? stupid filter
    Last edited by Galibier; 06-29-2012 at 04:39 PM.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Soulwalker

Oh hey, a constructive thread!!!

Some good stuff in here, seems people have similar ideas about the main issues. I don't think I have a preference for how many people are in a Conquest instance, other than it should be playable, if the sheer numbers cause some of the (pretty bad) lag we've had then please set a lower cap. +1 to 'Dynamic Grouping' of some sort, anything that helps to get some co-ordination going would be great. I'd also add that imo things need to be done quickly, Conquest is pretty bad as it is, and not a good advertisement for PvP in Rift, throw out hotfixes as and when needed, don't wait around to try and put out one patch to fix everything.

+ Reply to Thread