+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Nemrud
  • 2 Post By Antigonos
  • 3 Post By Xillean

Thread: Thanks trion, look what you've done!

Rift Disciple

Default Thanks trion, look what you've done!

Last edited by Averwinge; 06-29-2012 at 01:35 AM.
    Averwinge - Hailol
    #1 PvP Phys WW

Yeah grief camping the portal at Zareph's is so pro and what the "kool kids" do and think it's "Pee Vee Pee", haven't they disabled the portal now anyway?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Yeah grief camping the portal at Zareph's is so pro and what the "kool kids" do and think it's "Pee Vee Pee", haven't they disabled the portal now anyway?
    Yeah, but look at the second vid. now instead, we just camp their spawn. as someone who DOES this, i suggest a change.
    Averwinge - Hailol
    #1 PvP Phys WW

Shadowlander

As long as they incentivize killing as the primary way of getting rewarded in Conquest, each faction will look for the next great bottleneck. I think the only way to fix it is downplay offense rewards and give better rewards to support and defense (I thought we went through this with EI event ISS rewards early this year.)
    Kiiro - who cares about my progression.

Quote Originally Posted by Averwinge View Post
    I was always wondering why a PvP system so badly designed didn't have the worst nightmare of PvP MMOs in it. Spawn point grief camping.

There, it is fixed.

<Insert "1.9 rocks" tune by Fanboi Band here>
    Nemrud@Zaviel Imperium
    The dwarf your momma warned you about.

Ascendant

difficult to fix the players ... especially THESE in this game ...

Quote Originally Posted by Antigonos View Post
    difficult to fix the players ... especially THESE in this game ...
    Only thing that may, and I stress MAY, stop the bottlenecks is reducing the reward for kills as said previously. But really if you keep going to the zerg and getting ganked that's your own fault and you deserve each and every death you get. There are options to dealing with the zerg at a point you want, get your raid together and forcibly take it back, ignore them and let them enjoy sitting there most the match getting nothing and make sure you let your team know occasionally to avoid that port (hell do a /yell and inform the other team to ignore the spot as well), or do nothing about them and let the other faction have at them.

I do agree that rewards for crafting and other supporting actions needs buffed, right now crafting a entire match is horrible for reward especially if the match goes on a long time as you get the same amount of favor and prestige regardless. They need to make it where you at least get a small boost of favor and prestige and maybe a little bit of conquest power per craft. I just followed a zerg for the first time and walked away with 27k favor and 12kish prestige.

Crafting gets me 5k prestige for a entire match and maybe 7k favor. And if my zerg would have done nothing but kill others instead of taking points and waiting for them to turn over and building them up I am sure I would have got even more. And yeah if I had staid at a bottleneck I am sure my favor and prestige gain would have been lulzworthy but I stand by my point that its the players fault for being lemmings and getting themselves zerged repeatedly when they can stop going to that point or call on their raid to form up and take out the opposing team to secure that spot.
    Last edited by Xillean; 06-29-2012 at 03:09 AM.
    Myrmidon Xillean Tormeng, Lord of War
    Dimensions: Planar Study Spec: 61/10/5
    PA: 900 | Score: 11120 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS Conqueror | 11/11 HK | 2/4 RotP | 1/8 ID
    Characters: Xillean R90, Phantasmal R72, Eylisa R68, Kattie R74

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Averwinge View Post
    Yeah, but look at the second vid. now instead, we just camp their spawn. as someone who DOES this, i suggest a change.
    So you admit you do it and want Trion to fix it?

How about this, Stop doing it? Back off and let other teams regroup.

Admittedly, spawn points need protection. I used to play a game which had a simple way to deal with this. It had an NPC guard, if anyone from an opposing faction got in its range it would attack them.

Oh, and it was a guaranteed 1 hit kill, you couldnt survive it. Problem solved.

The strategy is to get portals everywhere and upgrade those as much as possible. Especially the citadel one. That is the one you need to worry the most about since it is protected. Now if you are being pushed to extinction it is because you did not cap enough of those and are forced into being zerg which is totally alright in my book. The big problem is that players can zerg too early. What I suggest is that your base starts off much much stronger then automatically decreases in strength over the course of the conquest to prevent early zerging and also to reward crafters much better for setting up defenses etc.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 06-29-2012 at 03:54 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    What is funny in the seven or so matches I played yesterday the team camping zareph never won a single time. The team that consistently won just ignored it as half the idiots on another team apparently ganked half the idiots on a different team.

What cracks me up are the little generals and how they vary from team to team. One of our sides has 20 people constantly shouting dumb directions at everyone "everyone push north, east and west now!" and another has very little shouting orders except when they are pertinent and useful.

The best part of it is when all the shouting generals keep losing they start migrating to the team that wins. Then the normal people flee that team and beat them with another.

The open selection of sides is awesome.
    Codex + 1 = Suck on a Gun

lol, so THIS is what i missed.....
    Theblackspikes: Only a bit more than just another lvl 60 Mage
    Missing the <Unreal> home...

Rift Disciple

Guys did you not see WHY we went into their spawn? they kited the boss into their base.
    Averwinge - Hailol
    #1 PvP Phys WW

Shadowlander

You farm and yet you cry. What a pathetic loser ;d

Easy fix: Spawn turrets insta kill anyone in range.

Camp kills = r50 fastest
    Win games = Conquest vendor items fastest

Do both = $$$

I am almost certain they got some of their people in a think tank trying to figure out a clean way to reduce favor/prestige rewards intelligently in Conquest so the focus is more on the objectives. Maybe even reduce favor/prestige a bit and increase something like Conquest Mark handout. Just something to 'lure' people away from the camping style.
    Last edited by Violacea; 06-29-2012 at 11:00 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

+ Reply to Thread