+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Wf? lets all get in conquest.

Rift Disciple

Default Wf? lets all get in conquest.

I think trion needs to nerf conquest bonus. Its too op. I just earned over 120k favor(under double favor vial) . Its so [Edit] crazy... and we all can earn rank 50 in one day... if its that fast, people will get bored soon. dont u think u will have new rank 60???? if not, plz just nerf conquest...and scale the balance of 3 factions...thb..just 2 factions lol
    Last edited by Alyn; 06-29-2012 at 04:38 AM.

Plane Touched

3 factions makes it fun and interesting otherwise its just guardian vs defiant and a bigger version of port scion again.

Telaran

I just want to play the game.

I don't care about faction. But tonight I just picked oath and got put in a Q. I got put in a friggin Q for a battle that happens 1 time every 2 hours. Pot rolling just getting ready to pvp and.............Nothing just a Q.

Last night it was a Q for dom. waiting in a Q to play this grand new feature. With a pot rolling. So it on to the same old wf's. I am not even going to pay att. to this farce anymore.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by beibei View Post
    I think trion needs to nerf conquest bonus. Its too op. I just earned over 120k favor(under double favor vial) . Its so fking crazy... and we all can earn rank 50 in one day... if its that fast, people will get bored soon. dont u think u will have new rank 60???? if not, plz just nerf conquest...and scale the balance of 3 factions...thb..just 2 factions lol
    it gets boring? but didnt you read the 1million other post about the unbearable pvp grind needed to get to 50? now you can get there fast, and its again wrong?

If it's easier to get favor and prestige by playing conquest a lot, that's a good thing.

General of Telara

I must be doing something wrong. I got home from work and did all the conquests I could (only 3) and I got at most 20k favor per match and only a total of about 50k prestige from the evening and that's with me winning all 3 games

Given that the PvP gear is insultingly crap-120k for a 6 endurance and some useless vengeance, it's just as well favor is pretty good, but with 109k prestige per rank needed I am hardly racing to 50. I am only just halfway to 41.

As for WFs I noticed they have been given a boost in prestige and favor so I am happy with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Asteldian View Post
    I must be doing something wrong. I got home from work and did all the conquests I could (only 3) and I got at most 20k favor per match and only a total of about 50k prestige from the evening and that's with me winning all 3 games

Given that the PvP gear is insultingly crap-120k for a 6 endurance and some useless vengeance, it's just as well favor is pretty good, but with 109k prestige per rank needed I am hardly racing to 50. I am only just halfway to 41.

As for WFs I noticed they have been given a boost in prestige and favor so I am happy with that.
    You ned to run with the zerg. If you do small group it's fairly slow, but with the zerg I was hitting 2 pres ranks per conquest. I think this is perhaps their way of overcoming the issue of new 50's being steamrolled - a method for anyone to hit r50 fairly quickly.
    Playtime - p4x Guardian Rogue - Bloodiron
    Sma - p4x Guardian Mage - Bloodiron

Quote Originally Posted by beibei View Post
    I think trion needs to nerf conquest bonus. Its too op. I just earned over 120k favor(under double favor vial) . Its so fking crazy... and we all can earn rank 50 in one day... if its that fast, people will get bored soon. dont u think u will have new rank 60???? if not, plz just nerf conquest...and scale the balance of 3 factions...thb..just 2 factions lol
    Trion really just can't win huh?

QQ'rs: "Wah, wah, PVP is toooooooo grindy, Trion change it or we leave, WAAH WAHH!!"

Trion: "There you go, have plenty of favor/prestige and you should find it less challenging! Enjoy our hard work and commitment to improving things fast!"

5 mins later...

QQ'rs: "Wah, Wah, I'm getting too much favor/prestige, I'll have nothing to do if I keep playing 8 hours per day, WAAAH WAHHHH!!"

Trion:"Ok, we'll come in with our big Nerf bat and give you the same amount of favor/prestige from ordinary WF's, Enjoy!"

QQ'rs: "Wah, Wah, PVP is toooooooo grindy........."

I wouldn't be surprised if they tone down the Conquest rewards (favor/prestige wise, not marks). Or at least will tone down bonuses with that crystal. Then again, it's the last big update before a level cap raise. Maybe that is the idea.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Telaran

Conquest is awesome for pvp rank progression, Ive said for some time that the grind to r40(now r50) was excessive for casual players, particularly ones that pvp with lots of alts too, Well done Trion for finally giving people what they really want

I spent most my time crafting for the war effort since no one else would. It sucks reward wise, I got about 7k prestige and 5k favor for entire matches. I had heard of others getting ubber prestige and favor but I thought they were exaggerating, at this rate no one is going to craft since the gains fail horribly compared to following the zerg. I still craft most the match and gather empowered stones but I am sorely tempted to say f it and go be a zergling.
    Myrmidon Xillean Tormeng, Lord of War
    Dimensions: Planar Study Spec: 61/10/5
    PA: 900 | Score: 11120 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS Conqueror | 11/11 HK | 2/4 RotP | 1/8 ID
    Characters: Xillean R90, Phantasmal R72, Eylisa R68, Kattie R74

General of Telara

Yeah, getting nothing due to being too far from the action is a problem. I understand why they did it - to stop leeches, but hose who craft, gather, protect detractors or run an infiltration squad to take things over so that their team actually wins get screwed. It actually encourages the zerg because no one wants to be short changed on rewards.

Maybe hey could allow you to be rewarded for everything your raid squad does but also add in a rebuff which activates after 3 mins or something of contributing nothing. So if you are fighting or conquering detractors you are considered active, if depositing resources you are active and when crafting you are active. All these activities stop the rebuff but afk with autorun or just autoattacking means the rebuff will activate
    Last edited by Asteldian; 06-29-2012 at 01:36 AM.

I just want to be able to see others in conquest. Is there some option I need to enable TI see opposing zergs?
    Seb - R40 OP PVP Warrior
    Solo Tanking Akylios - But I hate tanking Plutonus.
    New WF Idea for Rift
    SAVE THE VK!!!

Ascendant

it heavily depends on server load. This morning on Brutmutter it was quite fine. (Still not optimum!). Yesterday primetime it was quite awful.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if they tone down the Conquest rewards (favor/prestige wise, not marks). Or at least will tone down bonuses with that crystal. Then again, it's the last big update before a level cap raise. Maybe that is the idea.
    I'm thinking the gains in Conquest is intended, or at least mostly intended save for "spawn camping". Although I have mixed feelings with spawn camping in games, because for one, if you get spawn camped, that means your team ignored the other side(s) advancing on you. At least in other games, "spawn camping" can be a strategic move to force the other team to stop their offensive push in order to make them return to base to stop the camp, while you increase your map control.

At the same time, getting successfully camped in your own base can be an annoying situation. As I have experienced both sides of doing the camping and being camped.

If anything, the turrets in base should be upgraded to deal high levels of AoE (with a bigger aoe radius) damage, something like ID boss (or higher) level damage. Anything that's not a tank will pretty much die in 1 hit, and tanks will more or less die in 2, maybe 3 hits.
    White Fang

Adastra@Greybriar

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast