+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Zareph's Return

Prophet of Telara

Default Zareph's Return

What happened to the port for there? Why is it disabled?

Players keep feeding kills, instead of just not taking the portal.

Dom don't need no ZR!

Prophet of Telara

Damn, and I was getting such good prestige.

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

Conquest - Zareph's Return Portal Disabled
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrar
    Hi all,

We've disabled the Zareph's Return portal in Conquest for now due to the adverse impact it was having on matches. We'll let ya know when we have more details - thanks and apologies for the abrupt notice!
    --BC

Ascendant

Something is getting camped if it isnt the portal it will just be a spawn.,
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxcalibur View Post
    "bros to come at me!"

RIFT Guide Writer

The problem is the rewards for conquest is way to good.

Rift Disciple

But its a dominion tradition!
    Averwinge - Hailol
    #1 PvP Phys WW

Ascendant

This why we can't have nice things. Why must people abuse everything? In all seriousness though, this one is Trion's own damn fault for putting a universal portal on the map. What did they think would happen. It should be 3 seperate portal locations that have guards/turrets so they can't be camped.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

Ascendant

Who cares if it is camped? 30 dummies camp it while the winning team never uses it and ultimately rolls them all from behind anyways.

This is just a matter of player to player education. If people want to fail and camp that portal I support it 100%. I will use one of the other 3-4 portals my team has.
    Codex + 1 = Suck on a Gun

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by aeio View Post
    Who cares if it is camped? 30 dummies camp it while the winning team never uses it and ultimately rolls them all from behind anyways.

This is just a matter of player to player education. If people want to fail and camp that portal I support it 100%. I will use one of the other 3-4 portals my team has.
    Well, honestly, the gains people get from that camping was largely due to how often people would come through the portal. It would be far more gains to just camp the portal if people keep trying to come through than it is to actually play to win. I have heard people talking on voice chat telling others how much they were getting from one game in doing so (far more than what I was getting in playing to win).

Zareph's portal wasn't a bad idea to begin with, but I think it should be spread out a bit more. Someone suggested 3 portals, maybe have one where the current portal is, and one north and another south of it, roughly 75-100 meters away so it's much more difficult to camp, or just have a prestige/favor gain debuff (reduce gains by x% or something) while in that specific area such that camping is not viable there.

I just hope whatever Trion plans on doing doesn't harm "legit" play, as in, people actually playing to win and doing the objectives and fighting others normally.

Edit: I don't mind the ability to portal camp (I believe it is a form of strategy for control), but when people want to camp a portal because it reaps in the best gains (as long as people keep warping through to die), then it's a problem.
    Last edited by Adastra; 06-29-2012 at 06:07 AM.
    White Fang

Adastra@Greybriar

+ Reply to Thread