+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: 1st pvp set no longer required wtf...

Soulwalker

Default 1st pvp set no longer required wtf...

i literally just finished upgrading my 1st pvp set to 2nd on Tuesday and now your no longer required to purchase the first set... seriously i just wasted the last month working to finish my 1st and upgrade my second...

done with rift at least for today.
    Last edited by SlightlySully; 06-28-2012 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SlightlySully View Post
    i literally just finished upgrading my 1st pvp set to 2nd on Tuesday and now your no longer required to purchase the first set... seriously i just wasted the last month working to finish my 1st and upgrade my second...
    I suggest playing for fun!
    Even free cost too much now

Plane Walker

Trion gave a good bit of notice about the first set being phased out. I began to stockpile favor (as I had a character or two with partial 1st tier sets) and ended up asking a GM ingame about the changes rather than risk what you did. It seems that they have allowed us to skip the "new" 1st tier pvp stuff IF you have the old ones. It does indeed seem that the new 2nd tier (old 3rd tier) are allowed to be bought, skipping the new intro gear. You may want to check the availability of one tier higher. I don't know if the same will hold true, but I'd at least attempt to buy it. A small setback but not a complete waste, if it is true.

Either learn to read PTS patch notes or accept that you have to deal with the consequences. This is the second time theyve done this as well so its nothing new.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    Either learn to read PTS patch notes or accept that you have to deal with the consequences. This is the second time theyve done this as well so its nothing new.
    Keep in mind that if OP was working on the first set of armor, and they have only one Forum Post... they were probably new, even if the practice wasn't.

Reading PTS Notes isn't that common a habit, either. It's a smart one for sure, but not universal behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    I also made other enhancements to certain aspects of the game for various reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Morvick View Post
    Keep in mind that if OP was working on the first set of armor, and they have only one Forum Post... they were probably new, even if the practice wasn't.

Reading PTS Notes isn't that common a habit, either. It's a smart one for sure, but not universal behavior.
    Precisely, though I still encourage playing for fun and not gear. It will make your playtime that much better!
    Even free cost too much now

Quote Originally Posted by Credo View Post
    Precisely, though I still encourage playing for fun and not gear. It will make your playtime that much better!
    I do that, as well. But for PvP gear it really feels like a nose-to-the-grindstone kind of thing.
    I can empathize with the OP feeling like they literally wasted a month, even when trying to play for the fun of the moment.
    Those first fights without full Valor aren't as fun as the rest. Not so much "playing PvP" as they are "Watching the Respawn Timer".
    I also made other enhancements to certain aspects of the game for various reasons.

Ascendant

you guys act like this was the first time theyve done this :P

Quote Originally Posted by Zoam View Post
    you guys act like this was the first time theyve done this :P
    See above. OP seems to be a new player, hence not in the know of them ever doing this before.

2nd time its happened to me, when i finally got 90% of my betrayer set, BAM no longer needed, now, ive finished my seditionist set, BAM no longer needed

how do i feel about it?
    well im not mad.. considering i got 2 full wardrobe sets out of it
    Last edited by xanduin246; 06-28-2012 at 07:12 PM.

It's just the way MMOs go. PvEers have to deal with it all the time.

Still, I would be all for owners of previous sets getting some kind of bonus, or cheaper upgrades to the new tier 1, or whatever.

I'm more interested in seeing how much longer its going to take new players to get the first set now....that was a nice bump up in favor requirement for the first pvp gear set lmao.

A refund for particular cases would probably be nice, but the counter-argument can be made that you had your time with the gear, you benefited from it, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Sapheros View Post
    I'm more interested in seeing how much longer its going to take new players to get the first set now....that was a nice bump up in favor requirement for the first pvp gear set lmao.
    seditionist and.. whatever the guardian equivalent is still exists, its on the Favor Quartermaster, its just not required in the chain anymore

so they can still get a pretty cheap set to start off with
    Last edited by xanduin246; 06-28-2012 at 08:04 PM.

................it took you a *month* to get the first 2 pvp armor sets? Did you purposely avoid bonus weekends?

You do realize there are people who are already hitting r50 and people are coming out of some Conquest games with 50 - 70k+ favor earned. Really there is no room to complain about progression anymore for pvp. It's there for the taking if you want to progress at a rapid rate. Now we have nearly 4 days of bonus weekend and a Conquest that makes bonus weekend look like a cheap payout.

Meh
    Last edited by Violacea; 06-28-2012 at 08:04 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast