+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: PVP dailies

Soulwalker

Default PVP dailies

Since the PVP dailies now flag you, is there any other way to build reputation without PVP (not everybody's thing) or to build a PVP set, so that your not turning up non geared. I prefer not to be slaughter in the PVP dailes by prestege level 50 when I'm a 12. I though this was your way of offering an opportunity to those just starting
    Piink

Mei

...because it's perfectly okay to get PvP rewards without PvPing at all.
    Fluent

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by saprils View Post
    Since the PVP dailies now flag you, is there any other way to build reputation without PVP (not everybody's thing) or to build a PVP set, so that your not turning up non geared. I prefer not to be slaughter in the PVP dailes by prestege level 50 when I'm a 12. I though this was your way of offering an opportunity to those just starting
    I feel for you on that one. I thought the same thing. Hopefully you can make the rounds with a few guildies as protection until you get better geared.

If it makes you feel any better, even fully geared R40s can have a tough time solo'ing pvp dailies now if they run into a few enemies.

General of Telara

Yes, don't do the collection quest or leave it till last. 2 of the 3 Dailies remain non PvP flagging, so do them all you want everyday. It means you gain the faction more slowly but that is the price paid for guaranteed safety. On my alt I do the other quests, whilst doing so I can see if there are many others around and if flagging would be a bad idea, then if its safe I start collecting. Although to be fair even my alt is now mostly geared up so not afraid of a stray Defiant
    Last edited by Asteldian; 06-28-2012 at 03:24 PM.

Since the PVP dailies now flag you, is there any other way to build reputation without PVP (not everybody's thing) or to build a PVP set,
    So people who feel PvP is not their thing want a PvP set?
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Well, the thing is open world PvP does not offer any kind of bolstering. Thusly, Rank 1-whatever the bolster cap is fight at their normal, unbuffed selves...which means that while in WF's/Conquest you can fight at a lower, but applicable level...open world proceeds to be some really hard stomps.

My best advice is do dailies on "off hours" and don't PvP others who may be red names...they may be like minded and simply ignore you if you ignore them. (My PvP daily today ended up with 1 duel (Close, but lost), 1 stomp (2v1 and the guy laughed us off basically), and 1 surprise rogue who I was totally unprepared for. Another 4 or 5 people just ignored me and went around trying to get their mushrooms/orders.

Quote Originally Posted by Mei View Post
    ...because it's perfectly okay to get PvP rewards without PvPing at all.
    Not at all. But PvP, at least on PvE servers, should be instanced in all situations. It's not as easy on a PvE server to get guildies or a pug group together at various times of day suitable to a particular quester as it is on a PvP server. So turning PvE servers into PvP servers for rep quests in the open world (needed for PvP crystals, essences, etc.) introduced an inequality. But you already knew that, I'd guess, and so that knowledge probably isn't your point at all. Maybe supporting ganking by the over populated faction is?
    Last edited by Taptap; 06-28-2012 at 05:18 PM.

Soulwalker

No they want the achievement, that is why some ppl play, not my thing but its what they like. But I would like to build my set, thought the former method was working fine. Why did they need to change it. No one wants a squishy on their team
    Piink

No they want the achievement, that is why some ppl play, not my thing but its what they like.
    Yeah, and I want Perfect Akylios, but I sure as hell can't get it by farming Crown Hill.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Quote Originally Posted by Taptap View Post
    Not at all. But PvP, at least on PvE servers, should be instanced in all situations. It's not as easy on a PvE server to get guildies or a pug group together at various times of day suitable to a particular quester as it is on a PvP server. So turning PvE servers into PvP servers for rep quests in the open world (needed for PvP crystals, essences, etc.) introduced an inequality. But you already knew that, I'd guess, and so that knowledge probably isn't your point at all. Maybe supporting ganking by the over populated faction is?
    No PvP on PvE servers should not be instanced in all situations, and at no times has Trion ever said that would be the case. The only thing they have ever said is that on a PvE server you won't ever have to flag if you don't want to.

If you don't want to be flagged for PvP, then don't have the PvP option checked in the combat tab, don't get the PvP daily quests that flag you, and don't ever visit the opposition's capital city. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by -Shiva- View Post
    No PvP on PvE servers should not be instanced in all situations, and at no times has Trion ever said that would be the case. The only thing they have ever said is that on a PvE server you won't ever have to flag if you don't want to.

If you don't want to be flagged for PvP, then don't have the PvP option checked in the combat tab, don't get the PvP daily quests that flag you, and don't ever visit the opposition's capital city. Problem solved.
    Yes PvP on PvE servers should be instanced in all situations, because PvP grouping is not easy on many if not most PvE servers, so much so that it's impractical. Surely that is completely understandable, they are not PvP servers. And I don't care what Trion has or has not said, I'm still entitled to my opinion as are you and everyone else, so IMO that part of your comment is not germane.

On the other hand. On day 1 of 1.9 I checked the rep quests (for sigil etc) and all 3 indicated just accepting those 3 quests would mark for PvP (I checked). This appears to have been silently changed, and now it's getting flagged only if "progress" is made and not just by accepting them, and 2 of the 3 do NOT (today) flag. This is a compromise I can not object to, as at worst it only increases the grind time for those on PvE servers that can not group to do those quests. So we can have it both ways on PvE servers. Good compromise.
    Last edited by Taptap; 06-28-2012 at 06:52 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Taptap View Post
    Yes PvP on PvE servers should be instanced in all situations, because PvP grouping is not easy on many if not most PvE servers, so much so that it's impractical. Surely that is completely understandable, they are not PvP servers. And I don't care what Trion has or has not said, I'm still entitled to my opinion as are you and everyone else, so IMO that part of your comment is not germane.

On the other hand. On day 1 of 1.9 I checked the rep quests (for sigil etc) and all 3 indicated just accepting those 3 quests would mark for PvP (I checked). This appears to have been silently changed, and now it's getting flagged only if "progress" is made and not just by accepting them, and 2 of the 3 do NOT (today) flag. This is a compromise I can not object to, as at worst it only increases the grind time for those on PvE servers that can not group to do those quests. So we can have it both ways on PvE servers. Good compromise.
    Then Trion needs to make a new server type that says it is a PvE-only server and have the only PvP on it instanced.

And you probably should care what Trion has said, because they are the ones who make the game, and they are the ones who made the changes.

PvP rifts occur on PvE shards, and you have to be flagged to do them. Are you saying PvP rifts should be disabled on PvE servers? What about duels, should they be disabled as well?

Though with the second part of your post, I'm confused. Are you happy with the compromise, and don't mind being flagged when you're progressing the dailies now? Meaning you no longer think all PvP on PvE servers should be instanced?

I'm glad for the change. Why should folks get pvp rewards, without even having to be flagged? That's zero risk for a lot of gain.

Stay on your toes and get some friends to do them with you..who knows, you may just wind up liking it!
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Misun View Post
    I'm glad for the change. Why should folks get pvp rewards, without even having to be flagged? That's zero risk for a lot of gain.:
    Why the hell Should there be PvE quests to get rep for PvP factions in the first place? I joined a PvE shard because I was sick of getting ganked all the time, now they are going to force it on me just because some people want more open world pvp... I dont mind the instanced PvP, but seeing as how i need to build my PvP sigil to be anywhere close to decent at the higher lvls I am forced to do the quests. This wasn't so bad when they were strictly pve but not it forces me to PvP on a PvE shard,even though the whole reason I rolled on the PvE shard in the first place was so that i could do my quests in peace. Call me a care bear or whatever you want, but I still think the whole thing is just stupid.

They ought to make the Unseen runes not be BIS at least. That's the only real complaint I can come up with.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast