• 5 Post By Shaiapouf
  • 1 Post By Violacea
  • 1 Post By Ashrai
  • 1 Post By Shaiapouf
  • 1 Post By Khelendross

Thread: Guide to Conquest?

Rift Chaser

Default Guide to Conquest?

Does anyone know if there is a Conquest Guide anywhere (what to do with shinies we pick up, how to craft and use stuff you craft, how to capture ports, scoring, etc)?

I realize I'm opening myself up to those "look in the right place, noob!" sort of replies, but I have looked and haven't found anything.

I would think this would be something Trion published along with the release. Maybe they have and I have missed it.'

Thanks in advance if anyone knows.
    Last edited by dpser; 06-28-2012 at 12:36 PM.

Given that it just went in yesterday, I doubt theres anything -just- yet...well, in depth. I can give a few pointers of what I know though...

1. Planar Extractors are vulnerably to Fury of the Ascended. That means if you pop it (Also known as planar champion, etc. Costs a planar charge and ups your damage by 200% against planar enemies) you deal huge amounts of damage for a full minute. This only works on the extractors however, and not the turrets.

2. The spiky points on your map are reinforced points. That means they can come with a series of 4 turrets which work just like the ones in Ember Isles Onslaughts. Its not guarenteed that there will be turrets up, but count on it. Turrets are also upgraded exactly the same and using the same ability as EI's onslaughts.

3. The triangles on your map are portal extractors, if you capture these you get a quick portal from your base to a nearby area, allowing you to bypass some of the run.If the extractor is downed though, you lose the portal even if they don't immediately cap it. Also, they are guarded by a series of 4 turrets as well.

4. The blue stones which sit around extractors are sourcestone. You want to pick up these stones, and when you're in your base you'll see a workbench next to a big purple stack of orbs. Click on the orbs and you'll deposit all your sourcestone into it, allowing crafters to make things with it.

5. To craft, you have to speak to a vendor to buy the recipies first. They will spawn somewhere in your base, near the crafting station (For nightfall at least). Recipies will run you ~5k favor for the buffs, and ~12.5k recipies for making healsprings/turrets, so it requires some favor input to become a crafter, sadly.

6. Focus on the highest members. If your team has 22%, another has 17%, and one has 45%...go after the 45% one to knock them down a little. While its tempting to just go after the ones nearest, sometimes bypassing them and going simply after the one in lead can help balance it.

7. Capturing extractors doesn't seem to increase by the number of players around it. While you'll want a little to guard it, you don't need a massive amount of people around the extractors. I haven't timed how much it is solo vs smaller/larger groups so it may have some manner of increasing capping, but not sure how much.

8. When the match is over, the winning team gets to go a series of planar enemies to defeat, being a series of idols which cannot attack you whatsoever and award ~10 conquest marks/iss if I remember correctly, and a huge planar boss with ~42 million HP I think which gives 25 marks/iss. The losers meanwhile get -1- life. If you are killed, no matter how, when you hit respawn you will be sent back out to where you were prior to conquest. Its not a bug, thats how the losers are kicked. Those who win, you have 10 mins to kill all the planar enemies then either once that time goes up, or you kill them all, you get brought back out as well.

9. To exit, for whatever reason, you talk to a man at your base. He will be standing behind your spawn likely and when you mouse over him he will show a flag. Talk to him, and you can exit that way. I am unsure of cooldowns if you do exit however.

10. Large sourcestones spawn occasionally around the eye of regulos. You want to pick these up and run them to your teams extractors and you...something. I admit, I've not done it myself sadly so I'm not quite sure what they give.

I hope this can be a small primer for people who find conquest kind of overwhelming and confusing.
    Last edited by Shaiapouf; 06-28-2012 at 01:31 PM.

I think it is a little lame they can't hire one guy on their team to sit down and take 30m out of his day to release a dev official run down of all the rules, regulations, point factors, determinant objectives etc etc.

Conquest is huge, it's not as simple as black garden at first glance. Decent bit about Conquest above though and maybe some more good guides will come. Just seems like a step they should consider instead of throwing hundreds of players into something with no real instruction. It would be like downloading a Quake mod that doesn't tell you at all what goes on. You just connect to a server and start putting things together. When you downloaded it, the person who released the mod took time to make detailed notes of how all the rules and objectives function in the ruleset.

Trion we would <3 you if you wrote rule sets with new mods you released. Scion comes to mind when it was released that could have used this.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

They have no time to write guides! They have mazes to make!
    Ashrai@Deepwood
    Sporeslinger of <Godlike Awesomeness>

Thought of another.

11. If an objective is flashing, that means its under attack. If you hover your mouse over the objective, it will tell you how many of a certain faction is there. (Such as, Dominion 14. Or Nightfall 8) This will let you see where a lot of people are if you watch the map a little, and you can tell if someone is trying to steal an extractor, and if its a huge group or just a solo player. Just note, that they have to be within range so its possible there will be out of range people around as well as a warning.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashrai View Post
    They have no time to write guides! They have mazes to make!
    I think it's pretty obvious they didn't put much time into the maze either, and amazingly they simply ignored all the PTS feedback on it as well.

Thanks for the guide! I'm trying to figure it all out myself. I wish Trion created a tutorial about it

Covergirl Diamond
    <-Prophecy->
    Back in Action
    RIP Junlar the Great Cleric. I will cherish our friendship and bond for all eternity.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by dpser View Post
    Does anyone know if there is a Conquest Guide anywhere (what to do with shinies we pick up, how to craft and use stuff you craft, how to capture ports, scoring, etc)?

I realize I'm opening myself up to those "look in the right place, noob!" sort of replies, but I have looked and haven't found anything.

I would think this would be something Trion published along with the release. Maybe they have and I have missed it.'

Thanks in advance if anyone knows.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/community...ml#post3848303

I did the guide from the last PTS itteration so the only changes were the currency, the addition of the portal in Zarephs and thats pretty much it. Well the new timer.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

Telaran

Does anyone know how to toggle the conquest display thing that shows the percentage of faction control & the 3 sided graph thing, mine has vanished & I dont know how to get it back ???

To add to #8 above -- Save your Soul Walk for the end! If you lose, you get one life except if you soul walk or get a rezz. So don't release too quickly!

The flip side of this is to reset opponents as soon as they fall, especially at the end.

Especially at the end force respawns on your dead opponents and rezz your own dead quickly!

Rift Chaser

Big thanks, guys. This helps a lot. As fun as Conquest has been the few times I've done it, it will be better knowing what I am doing!

+ Reply to Thread