+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Antigonos
  • 1 Post By Xillean

Thread: Is there a point in going as healer / support into Conquest?

Default Is there a point in going as healer / support into Conquest?

All you do is running around desperately trying to catch up with the biggest band of your raidmates - which is, usually, no more than three/four people in the same area -_-

We really need proximity based raids or waaaaay bigger raids to make healing not completely pointless :\ And I know I've been repeating this since the pts tests, but now that Conquest is on live more support/healers have tried it, so more people can leave comments

I didn't try it because I didn't want to risk to remain raidless, but anyone knows if leaving the raid and hoping to get a "join group" message works? Constantly have to group jump would be annoying, but if it made healing more useful, I'd do it...

Ascendant

no we need players, who learn to play together in a raid and stay together. its really simple: people need to LEARN HOW TO PLAY OPEN PVP. ...

leavin raid and joining raid worked for me.
    Last edited by Antigonos; 06-28-2012 at 11:31 AM.

Then I'll try it

It's not fun when everyone can play how they want, but you need people to be responsible to do your job... in my raid there were two healers only, and it's no wonder why :P
    I think I'll stick to wfs for now, at least I can be useful even if people aren't coordinated there

And for the record, Stillmoor is HUGE and if only some people in the raid die, the raid will surely end splitted up --- otherwise it'd be a match of run-and-meet-up, not conquest

With the long CD, people are still learning the map and how conquest works. I suspect folks leaving the autojoin raids and forming their own teams soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Antigonos View Post
    no we need players, who learn to play together in a raid and stay together. its really simple: people need to LEARN HOW TO PLAY OPEN PVP. ...

leavin raid and joining raid worked for me.
    This.

Though yesterday sometimes I would try to join a different raid that had room and it sent me right back to the one I had left. But after the last patch it didn't seem to happen anymore so yay for that. I still agree with Antigonos that there need to be incentives to rez people, far to many times last night I was told to soul walk or revive and that it took to long to res me :/ And no I didn't die a lot but if your a healer that survived a zerg and your standing literally right next to a fellow healer you should rez that healer and not assume they have a soulwalk up.
    Myrmidon Xillean Tormeng, Lord of War
    Dimensions: Planar Study Spec: 61/10/5
    PA: 900 | Score: 11120 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS Conqueror | 11/11 HK | 2/4 RotP | 1/8 ID
    Characters: Xillean R90, Phantasmal R72, Eylisa R68, Kattie R74

Soulwalker

I disagree. Putting learning how to pvp in a zerg is nonsense. People already know how to zerg. They do it all the time in pve when they go raiding.

As far as pvp and learning, people need to go solo and small groups to learn how to pvp. You dont learn pvp by being in a pvp zerg. Once you get it down in solo and small group pvp. you can join the zerg but dont expect to learn anything more while in the zerg. Zerg pvp is for the mindless skillless masses that game makers target since they're the majority.

ppl need time to learn conquest

Ascendant

You can heal me. I have been getting good heals in conquests. Especially compared to the chaos.

If you only ever find yourself with three others I think you need to be patient. With time and experience you will get better at figuring out where others are and where you need to be going.

It just takes some experience. I certainly believe healing can be useful

Others have made suggestions for changes to deal with the multi raid setup. Still though I have seen major battles turn on healing. If you want offer to work with your group or raid and talk to them so you can keep up with them. Nobody is going to blow off a healer that wants to stay up with them.

Don't be afraid to talk and ask.
    Codex + 1 = Suck on a Gun

Quote Originally Posted by aeio View Post
    You can heal me. I have been getting good heals in conquests. Especially compared to the chaos.

If you only ever find yourself with three others I think you need to be patient. With time and experience you will get better at figuring out where others are and where you need to be going.

It just takes some experience. I certainly believe healing can be useful
    I know... I went against my better judgement and did a handful of Conquests yesterday and today. You are right, when your raid actually stays together you can be really useful. but you know what? If you want to be effective, you have to follow your raid. And what if your raid chooses to camp another faction's spawn point? You follow them and camp with them, even if you'd rather go and do something to win instead of just farm.

So I don't know, Conquest pays well (I racked 4 prestige ranks and 150 favor today), but it's still not that great for healers and support. And that's why there's so few around :P

+ Reply to Thread