+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: 1.9 a pve players pvp patch

Default 1.9 a pve players pvp patch

I'm tired of having to grind through raid bosses in pvp in order to get pvp gear...which now has hit on it because you like to stick these stupid raid bosses in everything you can touch. What happened to the promise of living in pvp during the 1.9 preview when you said we could literally stay in conquest and queue for warfronts on the side. I'm tired of empty promises for pvp and I want something worth while. TAKE OF THE KILL LIMIT FOR EACH MATCH, ITS PVP AND I SHOULDNT HAVE TO WAIT 2 HOURS BECAUSE WE KILLED TOO MANY PEOPLE. I'm tired of playing port scion waiting to play this new stuff. I've been playing it for over a year trion give me new **** or just admit you wont do it so I can move on to other games.

Ummm...queues were less than 35mins last night during primetime, just as Trion said they would be.

Ascendant

Someone's rage meter is almost 100%.
    White Fang

Adastra@Greybriar

I am so sick of people not recognizing contested mob gameplay as a high level of pvp gameplay.

Yes, you target PvE mobs. That would be great if it actually meant in the grand scheme you are doing anything but putting yourself into a heated pvp battlefield. I'm pretty sure no raid mobs have a script that spawns 40 - 60+ players to attack your raid. I know mobs spawn adds but....
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Arcshayde View Post
    Ummm...queues were less than 35mins last night during primetime, just as Trion said they would be.
    That doesn't change the fact that they said you could do conquest all the time and que for warfronts on the side. This is supposed to be the "Final Boss" of rift PvP (not in a literal sense but I hope you get what I mean) but yet they put a cool down on it that sometimes reaches over two hours?! what the **** is that supposed to accomplish.

Yeah I raged a bit I play a mage that isnt p40/now 50 and I'm tired of playing the same spec in the same old warfronts

1.9 hits and I get to play the same thing I've been playing since I came back to playing. Conquest was supposed to be the chosen one and it ended up being queue times and raid boss killing. I had fun for the 20 minutes I spent playing out of my 5 hour rift session. I just cant see me playing this all the time if its going to be rehashed bigger versions of port scion with longer queues

If you dont agree then by all means post but I'm done defending and hoping for PVP to be amazing when I get lied to and **** on

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Crytis View Post
    If you dont agree then by all means post but I'm done defending and hoping for PVP to be amazing when I get lied to and **** on
    I can't wait for GW2 to get here...

So all you little ragers and whiners aren't here anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by mavfin87 View Post

Ha don't worry mavfin I don't plan on leaving rift just putting in my 2 cents

Ascendant

They will only be gone 24-26 days.
    Codex + 1 = Suck on a Gun

I'm tired of having to grind through raid bosses in pvp in order to get pvp gear...which now has hit on it because you like to stick these stupid raid bosses in everything you can touch. What happened to the promise of living in pvp during the 1.9 preview when you said we could literally stay in conquest and queue for warfronts on the side. I'm tired of empty promises for pvp and I want something worth while. TAKE OF THE KILL LIMIT FOR EACH MATCH, ITS PVP AND I SHOULDNT HAVE TO WAIT 2 HOURS BECAUSE WE KILLED TOO MANY PEOPLE. I'm tired of playing port scion waiting to play this new stuff. I've been playing it for over a year trion give me new **** or just admit you wont do it so I can move on to other games.
    Valid point - So many promises were given for 1.9 as usual, none were kept as usual.

It's the same old same old let's-put-a-speed-bumper-so-players-won't-be-able-to-advance-in-their-chosen-pace crap. With a new gear set which brings nothing to the table instead of countless hours of grinding WFs over & over.

This was supposed to be big class balance, big PvP patch. All I see is a zone that lags like hell, WoWish but worse war design & few NPCs offering you quests that would bore you to death without a reward in the end.

I'm believing original Trion team is on a vacation and some interns designed & executed this patch.
    Nemrud@Zaviel Imperium
    The dwarf your momma warned you about.

Quote Originally Posted by aeio View Post
    I honestly doubt it mate.

I joined Beta weekends and I say that game is a big, big threat for any MMO out there. Not because it does not have monthly fee. Arena.Net actually managed to keep their promise & revamped the MMO playstyle for good. It's like no other game, very unique in some ways.

What I felt playing was I was playing a PS3 & PC game hybrid. Fast pace, very well thought, no grinding necessary, totally successful social system.

I do not want GW2 to kill Rift of course, Rift is a brilliant game. I'll keep playing both.

But GW2 is a big, big threat. We'll see real population bleeding when it goes live. They chose end of summer as well, that's usually the time people come back to their comps & resubscribe their beloved games - OR subscribe to something new & better.
    Nemrud@Zaviel Imperium

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Nemrud View Post
    I say that game is a big, big threat for any MMO out there
    This has been said before, and not by me.

Wasn't true then, won't be true now. There are no <MMO-name>-killers.
    Last edited by mavfin87; 06-28-2012 at 04:50 PM.

This has been said before, and not by me.

Wasn't true then, won't be true now. There are no <MMO-name>-killers.
    Hard to argue with a medium who sees future. Thanks for sharing your wisdom & visions. Now the future is clear. I guess buyers of presold 1+ million GW2 copies will burn their DVDs & submit to your powers.

Get a grip. Servers being merged at light speed here. I didn't say I hate Rift, I didn't say I'll quit it, I didn't say it will be killed by GW2. In fact (if you're able to read, do it), I said it won't be killed by GW2. No MMO is killed by another MMO, even UO is still online. Online with 50 people playing. Not dead but almost.

Too many people are waiting for GW2. Illusions do not count vs facts. Also 170 bucks vs 0 is a big motivation for a lot of people. Most people do not like paying money for a product while a newer & better one is free.

I play Rift & Beta tested GW2. Even at Beta, it's a clear choice for me. It's about time MMOs go back to being not monotonous grind burdens but fun games.
    Nemrud@Zaviel Imperium

You're going to have to find a new game dude, Trion is never going to make pvp a focus of this game. It is a side note and will never be anything more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by aeio View Post
    Wishful thinking......good luck with that dude.

First of all one of the things that will still save Rift's population is GW2 has no monthly fee, so no one has to choose one over the other. Rift is lucky here because I would happily pay for GW2 monthly from what I have seen so far. I will continue to play Rift IF and only IF they get their **** together with pvp. I am tired of the fotm cycling patch to patch, tired of pve gear being better than its pvp equivalent, tired of them adding ranks and more gear with a stat bump and calling it content. If they fix these things I might play both, if not I am sure I will be just fine with only GW2. Will have some extra money in my pocket as well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast