+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Found a reason to like Conquest

Default Found a reason to like Conquest

Found an unexpected reason to like Conquest, and due to queue times I didn't play it on the 1st day of 1.9. But I discovered that the premades are pretty much gone from warfronts, and that made those matches much more balanced (close in score) and very fun! For a change, in the matches I was in Guards held a slight overall lead in wins - which is completely abnormal in my wargroup, we usually lose, so I made decent Favor for a change. Just a side effect from all the premades doing Conquest? I like, lol.

Default All good

Conquest itself is fun too. Couldn't quite figure out the objectives, but at least there is a huge group you can just tag along with
    As a healer also found that you can hide behind the masses, more players protect/come to your support - all good.

I am a Defiant - last night felt the WFs were pretty balanced
    Interesting tidbit, from my experience Guards win a lot. LOL. Maybe we play at different times of the day?

You're EU/UK right?
    Also, there were more new people in WFs last night, so ques were way shorter, and groups were bigger
    Comox, R31, retired

Quote Originally Posted by saboikie View Post
    Conquest itself is fun too. Couldn't quite figure out the objectives, but at least there is a huge group you can just tag along with
    As a healer also found that you can hide behind the masses, more players protect/come to your support - all good.

I am a Defiant - last night felt the WFs were pretty balanced
    Interesting tidbit, from my experience Guards win a lot. LOL. Maybe we play at different times of the day?

You're EU/UK right?
    Also, there were more new people in WFs last night, so ques were way shorter, and groups were bigger
    USA. Probably different wargroup though I have found that absent the premades those have tended to be the most fun and scored closer matched nonetheless. I'm working on the guild quest and play wf's a lot since Headstart, hours per day, and I think I've a good perspective on the percentage of Guard wins (I should be much better progressed due to Favor not received). It used to be good when I first went to the server, then when they started allowing premades to queue again it went to mostly Defiant wins (really lopsided matches no matter which side won), but last night was like the old days and much better matched in WS and CX (BG never popped queue for me). Really fun stuff, I hadn't enjoyed PvP in wf's very much for quite a while until now.

Yeah, lol, go go go Conquest! Let the over populated factions fight themselves, just split them up into 3 and call it good! And perhaps it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Taptap View Post
    Found an unexpected reason to like Conquest, and due to queue times I didn't play it on the 1st day of 1.9. But I discovered that the premades are pretty much gone from warfronts, and that made those matches much more balanced (close in score) and very fun! For a change, in the matches I was in Guards held a slight overall lead in wins - which is completely abnormal in my wargroup, we usually lose, so I made decent Favor for a change. Just a side effect from all the premades doing Conquest? I like, lol.
    A few close scores (many in Conquest are not) do not in and of themselves make a good game. If you put together enough random processes with enough data points they will in aggregate trend toward a middle of the road result. Lots of players zerging long enough across a large enough map with no strategic purpose qualifies for that scenario just fine. Check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Converg...ndom_variables

If skill, strategy, and good teamwork (none of which exist in Conquest) don't determine the winner then a close score is just a statistical manifestation that has nothing to do with the quality of the play.

General of Telara

I've been enjoying Conquest so far. Only done 3 matches but in everyone the scores were around 30% for every team, with one team getting to high 30s just by the time 2500 are killed. So far there has been no clear winner, two games were 'Ties'. Once we almost gottowards 60%, but so far none of my matches has had anyone make it.

I found WFs haven't changed much but you may e right, maybe a few less premades.

On these forums I've always been in favor of open world, or some semblance of it, or Arena type PvP. Some people just really like that if they can run with their friends or guildies and they prefer not to pug. They are paying customers too. BUT! I'm against ganking itself, even on a PvP server, if it's not somehow limited to no reward due to disparities between the combatants (linked because that's exactly what I mean) such as differences in ranks or numbers of combatants. I can tolerate ganking in the open world if by that linked definition ganking results in no penalties or rewards for either combatant, which makes it merely a grudge match or a simple waste of time at the worst. But that's kind of off topic. Only kind of, because if those people who like to play with their friends have moved over to Conquest, where it is encouraged and perhaps even necessary, and that means fewer premades are in warfronts - then I'm all for it.

+ Reply to Thread