+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Stick89
  • 1 Post By Sariina

Thread: I for one...

Rift Disciple

Default I for one...

Am enjoying the hell out of conquest. I only got to play one game of it last night but it lasted a pretty long time (I'd say close to a half hour or more) and even though my team lost (Nightfall) it was a constant battle and like I said....fun. When I read about GW2 and it's WvWvW system I thought it was an amazing idea...then I played it, and I must say it has completely turned me off from GW2. It just takes FAR too long to get into the action and you spend 90% of your time just running across the landscape or just waiting in a castle. Rift on the other hand with conquest was exactly the opposite. I read about it, thought "eh... sounds kind of lame" but as soon as we started to play it was just non stop action for us from the get go and if the travel between battles was very short and tolerable. Looking through the forums today I seem to be one of the only people that likes conquest. Is there anyone else out there?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Stick89 View Post
    Am enjoying the hell out of conquest. I only got to play one game of it last night but it lasted a pretty long time (I'd say close to a half hour or more) and even though my team lost (Nightfall) it was a constant battle and like I said....fun. When I read about GW2 and it's WvWvW system I thought it was an amazing idea...then I played it, and I must say it has completely turned me off from GW2. It just takes FAR too long to get into the action and you spend 90% of your time just running across the landscape or just waiting in a castle. Rift on the other hand with conquest was exactly the opposite. I read about it, thought "eh... sounds kind of lame" but as soon as we started to play it was just non stop action for us from the get go and if the travel between battles was very short and tolerable. Looking through the forums today I seem to be one of the only people that likes conquest. Is there anyone else out there?
    I like it, and i pretty much gave up on PVP in this game. I just like being able to pick off undefended extrators, carrying resources, a little PVP, and general support style play. It's nice to be in a PVP round where there isn't constant e-peen waving about how everyone else is doing it wrong . . . but it's from 3 people who are describing different ways of doing it.

+ Reply to Thread