Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Were is my D.A.O.C

  1. #1
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    75

    Default Were is my D.A.O.C

    I passed up overtime form work to rush home and try the new 3 faction pvp.I visioned it was going to be
    a slight DAOC rip off.
    What I got was a dumbed down wintergrasp with no seiging and a wf that lasted about as long as a Black
    Garden.

    I know there is already a thread about the 2hr cooldown so won't go there.I was hoping this would be a selling point to bring people back to the game.

    I feel you dropped the ball bigtime here and hope you give up some details on the new xpac.A lot of horses will need a carrot to keep them interested after this let down.
    Syphal 60 Guardian Cleric
    Spula 60 Guardian mage
    Spack 60 guardian rogue
    Wolfsbane

  2. #2
    Ascendant spaceboots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,760

    Default

    It's in.... daoc.

    I hope you apply more common sense at your work place that you skipping out on.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 06-28-2012 at 05:20 AM.

  3. #3
    Ascendant Kyera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,402

    Default

    Think long and hard about the zone in which this is taking place, and tell me where you think the viable siege locations are, especially considering the spawn point keeps are far too horizontally sprawling to make for effective, pitched siege battles, and have interiors clearly not designed for them to begin with.

    I wouldn't be surprised to see additional Conquest zones dropping in Storm Legion that might be a little more suited to a variant objective format (including sieges or maybe a linear control point flow objective map).
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

  4. #4
    Shield of Telara Starsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Port Orange, FL
    Posts
    737

    Default

    Let me get this correct, you are mad because what "you" had invisioned in your head regardless of what was talked about and available to be seen on the PTS did not match up, makes sense, not even remotely.

  5. #5
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    839

    Default

    Seriously people, this is their FIRST attempt at a mass scale 3 way PvP system. You honestly expected it to be something great with sieges etc. It's flawed it will need work and it has limitations based on the zone. But it is a platform to work on and expand and offers huge potential for PvP but to expect so much from initial creation really is optimistic.

    More importantly you have no one to blame but yourself for expecting it to be more than it is - had you made the effort to go to pts and actually test it you would have known exactly what it offered and even given feedback. At the very least you would have known to stay and do overtime

  6. #6
    Ascendant Mako482's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,493

    Default

    Too many people are satisfied with this mediocre pvp to motivate Trion to actually put any amount of effort into it. Best thing you can do is move on dude, Guild Wars 2 is our only modern hope of a pvp centric game right now. Rift fanboys will laugh at that but it certainly won't be worse than this thing you call pvp. Anyone who think Rift=pvp never played a true pvp mmo.

  7. #7
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mako482 View Post
    Too many people are satisfied with this mediocre pvp to motivate Trion to actually put any amount of effort into it. Best thing you can do is move on dude, Guild Wars 2 is our only modern hope of a pvp centric game right now. Rift fanboys will laugh at that but it certainly won't be worse than this thing you call pvp. Anyone who think Rift=pvp never played a true pvp mmo.
    You little children who are so fickle as to start talking about GW2 after the *first* day of a brand new PvP system aren't worth pursuing as customers. Don't let the door hit you on the way out, k?

  8. #8
    Ascendant Aguni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3,387

    Default

    Pretty much what Kyera said.
    It's sort of like testing the waters and considering how impatient people are to go at it, I would imagine Trion would feel more motivated.

    One of the issues as Kyera said, was that the zone area is simple not designed with siege's in mind.
    Conquest is a relatively new concept but the zone it is used currently was never designed with that in mind, so there are alot of open areas and a lack of areas that are built for a siege based system.

    I imagine when the expansion comes out they'll probably utilize that area since it is much more like a city and would perhaps be better suited for siege based gameplay.

    Ultimately I do think you set yourself up for disappointment, because much of what they stated for Conquest was available on the PTS and was available in videos. No one to blame in that aspect.

  9. #9
    Ascendant Aguni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mako482
    Too many people are satisfied with this mediocre pvp to motivate Trion to actually put any amount of effort into it. Best thing you can do is move on dude, Guild Wars 2 is our only modern hope of a pvp centric game right now. Rift fanboys will laugh at that but it certainly won't be worse than this thing you call pvp. Anyone who think Rift=pvp never played a true pvp mmo.
    They seriously need to make these forums subscription early.
    Furthermore, I find it funny how anyone that actually likes PvP in RIFT is automatically labeled a fanboy.
    If you and several other people are in love with DAOC so much, why don't you do like Gaiscioch and play it every now and then?

    Let alone Mako, you adopted this same attitude with SWTOR.

    Granted I will be getting GW2, but that is because it is a good game, not because I am seeking out a specific aspect that has rarely ever created a good PvP system.

  10. #10
    Ascendant Mako482's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,493

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mavfin87 View Post
    You little children who are so fickle as to start talking about GW2 after the *first* day of a brand new PvP system aren't worth pursuing as customers. Don't let the door hit you on the way out, k?
    Easy to say when it's not your money. Don't ever go into business, you would suck at it.

    Guild Wars beta showed me all I need, no worries. Enjoy your q times.

    Release date 8/28!!! Ha!

  11. #11
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    13

    Default

    To those who are defending Trion and Rift's PvP system, would you share your opinions on why more of DAoC's PvP system would not be appropriate to further implement into Rift?

    Conquest seemed to be a borderline attempt towards it, although in reality resembles Wintergrasp.

  12. #12
    Ascendant Mako482's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,493

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aguni View Post
    They seriously need to make these forums subscription early.
    Furthermore, I find it funny how anyone that actually likes PvP in RIFT is automatically labeled a fanboy.
    If you and several other people are in love with DAOC so much, why don't you do like Gaiscioch and play it every now and then?

    Let alone Mako, you adopted this same attitude with SWTOR.

    Granted I will be getting GW2, but that is because it is a good game, not because I am seeking out a specific aspect that has rarely ever created a good PvP system.
    I am a subber genius, why do you think I'm pissed off at where they have taken the game? I PLAY it. I have every right to criticize what Trion has done with my money, and with the release of GW2 in August you can bet your arse you won't be hearing anything more from me unless Rift improves this craptastic pvp. I want this game to be as good as it can be, know that.

  13. #13
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    839

    Default

    Yes, gw2 will be the holy frail all pvpers are after. Course once there they will spend an unhealthy amount of time on forums whining about its flaws.
    You are probably right, alot of people who enjoy PvP here probably haven't played a PvP centric game - but that is not really surprising is it? I mean let's face it, PvP games have the life expectancy of a gnat. Maybe it's poor game design or because a PvP crowd are a bunch that cannot be satisfied and they ironically end up being their own undoing. The reason everyone talks about daoc is because in reality that's the o ly decent PvP cenitric game there has been since UO. Gw1 was ok pretty good but had its own big flaws.

    PvP here needs work, it has its problems that's for sure, luckily rift is a pve centric game so does not depend on its fickle PvP crowd to survive therefore panicked ill thought changes are not required and instead they can steadily work on it. It's certainly in a far better state than it once was, and their efforts to bring something new to it shows they are not trying to neglect pvpers even if progress is slower than we would like
    Last edited by Asteldian; 06-28-2012 at 08:04 AM.

  14. #14
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Asteldian View Post
    I mean let's face it, PvP games have the life expectancy of a gnat. Maybe it's poor game design or because a PvP crowd are a bunch that cannot be satisfied and they ironically end up being their own undoing.
    That pretty much covers it. A very vocal set of them is never satisfied till the *entire game* is built around their wants and desires. Not going to happen in Rift.

    Laeris has a whole dissertation on how PvP people always screw up games, and (s)he's exactly right about it.
    Last edited by mavfin87; 06-28-2012 at 08:08 AM.

  15. #15
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aguni View Post
    They seriously need to make these forums subscription early.
    Furthermore, I find it funny how anyone that actually likes PvP in RIFT is automatically labeled a fanboy.
    If you and several other people are in love with DAOC so much, why don't you do like Gaiscioch and play it every now and then?

    Let alone Mako, you adopted this same attitude with SWTOR.

    Granted I will be getting GW2, but that is because it is a good game, not because I am seeking out a specific aspect that has rarely ever created a good PvP system.

    First of all if you like Rift PvP you are a fanboy because it sucks and you would have to love PvE to even consider sub'ing after GW2 releases.


    Quote Originally Posted by Aguni View Post
    Pretty much what Kyera said.
    It's sort of like testing the waters and considering how impatient people are to go at it, I would imagine Trion would feel more motivated.

    One of the issues as Kyera said, was that the zone area is simple not designed with siege's in mind.
    Conquest is a relatively new concept but the zone it is used currently was never designed with that in mind, so there are alot of open areas and a lack of areas that are built for a siege based system.

    I imagine when the expansion comes out they'll probably utilize that area since it is much more like a city and would perhaps be better suited for siege based gameplay.

    Ultimately I do think you set yourself up for disappointment, because much of what they stated for Conquest was available on the PTS and was available in videos. No one to blame in that aspect.
    Alright here is where you guys are ****ing ******ed. You want me to give Trion a pass at this fail attempt at 3 faction PvP because they either are new to the concept or didn't receive enough feed back on the PTS?

    Hmm, where to start. Well open world PvP or 3 faction PvP or Conquest or whatever Trion wants to attempt to put into place is a joke and all they would have to do is read some of their forums from when the game was still in beta where pages of threads explained in detail what players wanted. This was before they even released the entire map for access and if Trion can't figure out what players want it's their fault and I give them no sympathy.

    As far as going on the PTS, **** all that. You want my feedback read my posts from a year ago. Besides, I was too busy pwning ****ty players on my twink warrior by abusing Rift Storm. Too bad Trion took out what looks to be the last fun thing(lvl lock) their game had to offer and replaced it with longer queue times and lame *** Stillmoor objective zerging(conquest).

    Now let's talk about stillmoor. Was it my decision or yours for that matter that required them to use Stillmoor for the zone to replicate for conquest? No, that was entirely on Trion. So if their zone doesn't really work well for the application then maybe, just maybe, they should have not used that zone. So this is completely self inflicted and I refuse to acknowledge the poor map layout and absurd size of the zone as an oversight. I felt like I spent the entire time looking for the fight and the skirmishes that did break out were quickly one sided and uneventful. The starting locations of each faction are not fair and the terrain is awful to maneuver around. The only zone that might have been worse would have been Ember Isle. I find it amazing that they didn't create an entirely new zone but I guess new content is strictly reserved for their carebear fanboys.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts