Closed Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Neo Omni

Thread: The epeens in warfronts are amusing

Default The epeens in warfronts are amusing

I dont normally do warfronts. I am more of a dungeon player.

So last night I wanted to complete a guild quest requirement and got into some warfronts.

What stuck me was what a bunch of whiny girls a lot of these players are. I'm talking about the ones that in the midst of all the fast paced carnage take the time to criticize your spec or your gear.

So...you actually have the time to inspect me and comment about it to the group? Arent you supposed to be fighting?

Seriously, I was chuckling because I kept reading the comments on my gear and stats in an obnoxious mental valley-girl voice..a sort of "can you beleive what she is wearing to the warfront?" sort of thing.

My advice to you (and you know who you are) Just **** and play the game. I dont tell you how to play Rift so dont tell me. And if you have the time to scrutinize other players in warfronts, then you are not doing your part in the fight because your attention is elsewhere. Oh and here's a news flash: things not going well with your group in the WF?...well there is always another just a que away.

I learned a lot about my toon last night. Found he can hold his own in one-on-one with every other class (even though I didn't have pvp gear ) , but as soon as it was two against one, I failed miserably.

Either way, I completed the guild quest and had fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Omni View Post
    My advice to you (and you know who you are) Just **** and play the game. I dont tell you how to play Rift so dont tell me.
    Actually raiders tell players how to play the game all the time. The only difference is they have the power to enforce their standards.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    Actually raiders tell players how to play the game all the time. The only difference is they have the power to enforce their standards.
    Bam.

P.S. I don't know how slow a typist you are, but speaking personally, it takes me a handful of seconds (usually during a lull in the action) to type out a snarky comment about someone in off gear (pains me to see people in full OJ HK, especially in ranked warfronts). Inspecting someone does not take six hours, either. Portrait, right-click, inspect. I usually do it at the start of a WF to know who might be a good assist target and who is worth burning my CC/peels on to try and save (especially for healers). There is tactical value to it.

Also, we're talking PvP -- a COMPETITIVE gametype by definition. So, yes, if you come to the party unprepared, you're going to get **** on by the people who are there and want to win, as you're a liability for your team at that point in some capacity (even if you're really good, you're really fragile). Whether they're right or wrong, expect it, and certainly don't come here making a thread to tell us how you thought it was "funny" and didn't bother you, because that makes you no better than the people ****-talking your gear.

The biggest difference is they can't inspect you before the pug raid enters the instance and boot you for not meeting the hit requirement.
    Last edited by Kyera; 06-28-2012 at 06:06 AM.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Hi everyone,

We have closed this thread and would like to take a moment to explain why. We do welcome all feedback, even when it is negative or critical, but we do ask that it is respectful and constructive, please.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us at community@riftgame.com.

Thank you!

Closed Thread