Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: PvP flag on dailies

Rift Disciple

Default PvP flag on dailies

So Conquest, meh, 2 hour CD for yet another WF type zerg rush without any tacts, so much hype for a dunce... fail

And PvP flag on dailies, are you kidding me? Like two months ago it "slipped" into patchnotes and devs quickly backpaddeled. Now 1.9 and here it is, way to go to piss players off.

With this you're not even enabling griefers, you're in fact ACTIVELY ENCOURAGING them, way to go Failon.
    Tonight I'll try the new 10 man, if you botched that too I declace 1.9 the fail of the year.

W.

You want to gain PvP currencies without PvP? Great change --- for the better.

You take the risk for the reward.
    Where's the Auction House to buy more DPS for my cleric?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Calibrex View Post
    You want to gain PvP currencies without PvP? Great change --- for the better.

You take the risk for the reward.
    I'm maxed out on Order of the Eye, so it's not for me.
    And as for PvP currencies, screw that, while PvP gear is imba for PvE we're forced to do this crap.
    If you PvP chimps would just do your griefing and e-peen stroking in WF's with gear that's useful ONLY for PvP I wouldn't give a tiny rat's arse about it.

Also it's interesting to see all you have to offer is platitudes but you're NOT disagreeing with the griefer fest. People are full of it, but this way they'll even feel justified griefing people and get rewarded for it. That's just moronic in every way.

W.
    Last edited by Woor; 06-28-2012 at 04:11 AM.

Sword of Telara

whilst I have no objection to pvp flag on pvp quests in principle. It was a way to get some prestige and such without hte gankfest that is gear v gear in rift.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega326 View Post
    While we're making wild accusations without any backup, I'm going to go ahead and say that you are a 12 year old horse named Suzy that lives in a crater on the moon... and I am absolutely correct.

Ascendant

Whoa, gear down there big rig! You have to risk PVP in order to gain PVP rewards? Oh the huge manatee!

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Sariina View Post
    Whoa, gear down there big rig! You have to risk PVP in order to gain PVP rewards? Oh the huge manatee!
    As I said before, if your stupid PvP gear wasn't imba in PvE too I wouldn't care at all. It's bad thinking to force people into PvP if they want to be good in PvE.

Fine, leave the PvP flag, but make all PvP gear impossible to wear when not PvP marked. Then you can take your crappy attitude together with your gear and griefers to WF's and we PvE people can play our game in peace with our PvE gear and no stupid griefer camping. If I wanted fricking PvP I'd have rolled on a PvP server, easy enough to understand Forest?

W.
    Last edited by Woor; 06-28-2012 at 04:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Woor View Post
    As I said before, if your stupid PvP gear wasn't imba in PvE too I wouldn't care at all. It's bad thinking to force people into PvP if they want to be good in PvE.

Fine, leave the PvP flag, but make all PvP gear impossible to wear when not PvP marked. Then you can take your crappy attitude together with your gear and griefers to WF's and we PvE people can play our game in peace with our PvE gear and no stupid griefer camping. If I wanted fricking PvP I'd have rolled on a PvP server, easy enough to understand Forest?

W.
    http://cache.ohinternet.com/images/c/c6/YOU_MAD.jpg

Rift Disciple

Ascendant

W.
    FYI, I'm a PVE player. Your assumptions just make you look even more like a whiny brat. If you want PVP gear you must risk PVP, it should have been that way from the start.

I get that you don't want to be ganked, no one does and thats fair enough......

But really, this is an option that should have been on from day one. Your doing a task/quest that its ultimate outcome is to benefit you in PVP (nvm the cross over of PVE and PVP gear, thats irrelevant here), you SHOULD be made to PVP to get it.

Ultimately, if you don't want to run this risk then don't take the quest, no one is forcing you to do it.

Personally, I haven't been in since 1.9 hit (darn work getting in the way!) and actually am looking forward to it possibly generating some open world PVP!
    Last edited by Decosse; 06-28-2012 at 04:27 AM.

General of Telara

I'm maxed out on Order of the Eye, so it's not for me.
    And as for PvP currencies, screw that, while PvP gear is imba for PvE we're forced to do this crap.
    If you PvP chimps would just do your griefing and e-peen stroking in WF's with gear that's useful ONLY for PvP I wouldn't give a tiny rat's arse about it.

Also it's interesting to see all you have to offer is platitudes but you're NOT disagreeing with the griefer fest. People are full of it, but this way they'll even feel justified griefing people and get rewarded for it. That's just moronic in every way.

W.
    PvP imbalance for pve? Whatever you smoke I want it. The biggest issue with PvP is that the gear is near worthless outside of PvP while pvers are destroying pvpers by using all the pve gear that makes you superior in PvP.

So now doing PvP quests make you PvP enabled. Oh what a horrible fate. I am sorry if your server is full of *******s who like to bully and gank people it's odd because usually those kind of people are on the PvP servers.

There is no need for a pvwe to get involved in pvp at all unless you are after the trinket which competes with high end pve gear. If you hate PvP that much just wait until you can get the awesome pve trinkets available or just wait until the PvP trinket gets merged because pvers are upset there is actually an item pvpers could use in pve. Whichever comes first.

On the brightside at least rather than loitering in sanctum whilst I get things organised (dungeons, WFs etc) I can hang around the PvP quest area to protect players in case some ganking ****s do come out of the woodwork

Rift Disciple

FYI, I'm a PVE player. Your assumptions just make you look even more like a whiny brat. If you want PVP gear you must risk PVP, it should have been that way from the start.
    FYI, not agreeing and voicing an opinion has nothing to do with whining. I'm merely stating an opinion.
    And what SHOULD have been from the start is no PvP on PvE servers, AT ALL.

For PvP being an "afterthought" they sure do all they can to piss PvE players off and force them to endure this kind of crap.

Obviously I should have known that reason and arguments don't work here. As I said, my Order of the Eye is maxed so good riddance to those that still need it I'm sure they will enjoy the **** alot.

W.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Decosse View Post
    I get that you don't want to be ganked, no one does and thats fair enough......

But really, this is an option that should have been on from day one. Your doing a task/quest that its ultimate outcome is to benefit you in PVP (nvm the cross over of PVE and PVP gear, thats irrelevant here), you SHOULD be made to PVP to get it.

Ultimately, if you don't want to run this risk then don't take the quest, no one is forcing you to do it.

Personally, I haven't been in since 1.9 hit (darn work getting in the way!) and actually am looking forward to it possibly generating some open world PVP!
    Wow a non troll answer, I'm delighted.
    I just can't agree that the PvP and PvE gear crossover is irrelevant. If you want to excel in PvE you are kinda forced to endure this kind of crap.
    (New trinket, BiS boot rune)

On a PvE server there shouldn't even be PvP AT all, except maybe friendly duels. And PvP gear should NEVER be better than PvE gear (FOR PvE), that crossover you deem irrelevant is not for me at least.

W.
    Last edited by Woor; 06-28-2012 at 04:35 AM.

Ascendant

Weee Wooo Weee Wooo . .. . look, it's the Waaaamulance!
    Last edited by Sariina; 06-28-2012 at 04:36 AM.

Rift Disciple

Weee Wooo Weee Wooo . .. . look, it's the Waaaamulance!
    If that's all you have to offer maybe you should stop posting, do you think it's cool to be a stupid troll?

W.
    Last edited by Woor; 06-28-2012 at 04:47 AM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast