+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By muylaetrex

Thread: 1.9: A late April Fools joke???

Shadowlander

Default 1.9: A late April Fools joke???

Seriously, is this patch real??

-New PVP gear added, access to old gear still as long a grind. Benefit to existing r40 players another reason NOT to PvP if you're just starting.

-Conquest: 12 mins of sorta PvP in a big empty Stillmoor, 6 mins of PvE if you're Dominion and win. 130mins to stand in town. Kinda was hoping conquest would let you sit in an instanced world PvP zone all day while you queue'd to WFs, thus eliminating the stand in town time.

-Barbershop: every change costs 15plat. Really don't mind that haircut near as much now.

Anyone else think that Trion punk'd us for a good laugh???

Think you are playing a different game with too strict of expectations.

Now we have everything we had before, bonus weekends *and* can que up for Conquest every couple hours. Not like conquest can litter prestige/favor/xp. There is NO reason anyone can complain about the grind. It was made longer, conquest again, with addition of a longer path, by proxy made it pretty much lateral.

You sound like you hate Conquest, then say you wait around and do nothing in those 2 hours? Conquest is one que in rift...you can't bank all your time on one thing. It's like saying Rift blows because EI events only happen like every hour or so. Well...it's not their fault you are trying to bank your game in EI events. It's a feature among many. Someone can view it positively just as much as you did negatively.

You are doing barber shop totally wrong if you think that is the cost. Facial features, and a few others cost a handful of plat. But you can change up your hair, eye color, hair style, makeup, facial prints, skin, for sub 2p. My first do on the barber I changed hair style, hair color, eye color, makeup, and maybe something else...it was 71g. Yeah it's 15p if you alter every single option on the bar. I guess if you want to make new indentations in your face everytime it will get costly....you can change your hair-do and color like a soul respec. You're taking it in an extreme manner.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Champion

I've played this game like 10 hours per day for months and still have more stuff to do than I have time for so I'm finding it hard to understand these problems.

Maybe if all you want to do is PvP it would get boring, but this game is just bad for PvP, you're better off going off to learn starcraft 2 or something if you really want some competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye View Post
    Seriously, is this patch real??

-New PVP gear added, access to old gear still as long a grind. Benefit to existing r40 players another reason NOT to PvP if you're just starting.

-Conquest: 12 mins of sorta PvP in a big empty Stillmoor, 6 mins of PvE if you're Dominion and win. 130mins to stand in town. Kinda was hoping conquest would let you sit in an instanced world PvP zone all day while you queue'd to WFs, thus eliminating the stand in town time.

-Barbershop: every change costs 15plat. Really don't mind that haircut near as much now.

Anyone else think that Trion punk'd us for a good laugh???
    it feels like trion saying "dear (sic) pvp players, GW2 is that way, don't let the door hit you on the way out, now stop whinning". the humour is totally lost on me.
    “The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.” – Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by muylaetrex View Post
    it feels like trion saying "dear (sic) pvp players, GW2 is that way, don't let the door hit you on the way out, now stop whinning". the humour is totally lost on me.
    Maybe this is Trion's way of saying "If you're that fickle that you'll threaten to leave after the first day of Conquest before we can even tweak things, we don't care."

Catering to people like you isn't good business. You're going to run off to 'the new thing' every time anyway.
    Last edited by mavfin87; 06-28-2012 at 06:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye View Post
    I dont think we played the same conquest... in 2 matches I got 60k prestige which was roughly 60% of lvl 40-41. If I was just starting pvp, that would have been a ton of experience. Conquest was built (partially) to bridge PVE players into PVP a bit more and to give them an easier path to get prestige/favor. During the day the queue times suck, but they dont want games to be empty , after 4pm ST queue times were 30 minutes between matches. With that amount of time between matches in the evening you can play conquest, queue any random pvp then queue conquest again.

Quote Originally Posted by mavfin87 View Post
    Maybe this is Trion's way of saying "If you're that fickle that you'll threaten to leave after the first day of Conquest before we can even tweak things, we don't care."

Catering to people like you isn't good business. You're going to run off to 'the new thing' every time anyway.

I'm guessing the OP can't really walk down many streets without going into every shop:

"Oh look, something Shiny and new......."

+ Reply to Thread