+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 44
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: New pvp gear /facepalm

  1. #1
    Plane Touched Xnon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    208

    Default New pvp gear /facepalm

    i as a ranged,using FULL ID gear, topped the charts in all the match's i played as a 51 inq,barely died,add to that the Synergy crystal....PvE non relic weps are better than the PvP ones,stats barely got buffed,we got more vengeance but it will no way make pvp gear better for freaking pvp

    so remind me again whats the point from getting the new pvp gear?dunno about mele but i can do just fine in the back-lines with ID gear..

  2. #2
    Ascendant Zaros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,411

    Default

    Not everyone has full ID gear.. That PVP gear is for the people who PVP. Shocker, I'm sure.
    Last edited by Zaros; 06-27-2012 at 11:15 PM.
    ~Quiescent

  3. #3
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    Not everyone has full ID gear.. That PVP gear is for the people who PVP. Shocker, I'm sure.
    So the Boss PvP gear update was 1.8 is what you are saying.

    Well I maybe twisted it some.
    Last edited by Violacea; 06-27-2012 at 11:16 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

  4. #4
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    839

    Default

    Maybe not everyone has ID gear but anyone who pves will likely have a half set already and with the 10 man now out pretty much every pvers hat casually raids will be rocking ID equivalent weapons and a full set of gear very soon. I know I will which is why I have been saying for ages that the PvP gear needs to be much better. Right now it is barely any better than HK. I am all for pve and PvP interlinking but the one sided relationship is not the way to do it.
    I never really got to use my r40 weapon and by the time I am r50 I will be rocking a better pve weapon again. Pretty much makes prestige ranks irrelevant

  5. #5
    Shield of Telara Jawsnap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    766

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xnon View Post
    i as a ranged,using FULL ID gear, topped the charts in all the match's i played as a 51 inq,barely died,add to that the Synergy crystal....PvE non relic weps are better than the PvP ones,stats barely got buffed,we got more vengeance but it will no way make pvp gear better for freaking pvp

    so remind me again whats the point from getting the new pvp gear?dunno about mele but i can do just fine in the back-lines with ID gear..
    F**king hate PvE.

    I went up against a PvE geared NB Rogue the other day, as an NB Rogue myself - he popped every cooldown straight after opening up and still won, had him down to about 800hp. But he still won. A skill-less, PvE geared guy who's clearly used to bashing NPC's - still won against a full time PvP'er.

    In this game, gear trumps skill - fact.

  6. #6
    Ascendant Zaros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jawsnap View Post
    F**king hate PvE.

    I went up against a PvE geared NB Rogue the other day, as an NB Rogue myself - he popped every cooldown straight after opening up and still won, had him down to about 800hp. But he still won. A skill-less, PvE geared guy who's clearly used to bashing NPC's - still won against a full time PvP'er.

    In this game, gear trumps skill - fact.
    That has more to do with the fact that he used all his CDs, and less to do with his gear.
    ~Quiescent

  7. #7
    Shield of Telara Jawsnap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    766

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    That has more to do with the fact that he used all his CDs, and less to do with his gear.
    Nahhh, used all his CD's, I kited him off a bit; waited for the buffs to go down - went back in for round two, still lost.

  8. #8
    Ascendant Mako482's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,493

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    That has more to do with the fact that he used all his CDs, and less to do with his gear.
    As long as people like you continue to defend crap like this in this game it will be a ****ing subpar pvp game. Stop pretending like this is not an issue and is not unfair. Trion has pretty much told us they want us to go to GW2 and forget about pvp in this game. They want us to have to grind not only pvp, but their pve as well to keep us on the hook longer to make them more money. I get that it is a business, but at some point you have to be smart and realize your money grab may cause people to get fed up altogether. I would happily pay for Rift and play GW2 for free at the same time if not for stupid crap like this.

    In the end they tossed us a small bone with this patch and the fanboys will be satisfied with it, most of us will not.

  9. #9
    Ascendant Mako482's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,493

    Default

    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ml#post3850761

    Hilarious, someone bragging about their pve gear in pvp. Yea, nothing to see here.......

  10. #10
    Champion of Telara Arcshayde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mako482 View Post
    As long as people like you continue to defend crap like this in this game it will be a ****ing subpar pvp game. Stop pretending like this is not an issue and is not unfair. Trion has pretty much told us they want us to go to GW2 and forget about pvp in this game. They want us to have to grind not only pvp, but their pve as well to keep us on the hook longer to make them more money. I get that it is a business, but at some point you have to be smart and realize your money grab may cause people to get fed up altogether. I would happily pay for Rift and play GW2 for free at the same time if not for stupid crap like this.

    In the end they tossed us a small bone with this patch and the fanboys will be satisfied with it, most of us will not.
    The thing is PvP'ers will play just because they like to pvp, that is the carrot. We've been playing the same 4 WF's for over a year and that's one of the least-complained about aspects of PvP. The PvP is fun, stop making it harder to like. There's getting to be way too much stick (PvE) required to really enjoy the carrot (PvP).

  11. #11
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    839

    Default

    They aren't telling you to go to gw2 at all. Trion spent alot of time making conquest, it is flawed and a bit raw but with work can be great.
    I enjoy pve and I enjoy PvP here however it is clear gearing is an issue, trion wants there to be cross over between the two forms, they put work in both aspects and want everyone to enjoy both. This means they don't want gear to be exclusive from each other, this is a principle I like. However; the execution is very much a work in progress and no easy fix. Having items from pve work well in PvP is not the issue, nor is it vica versa, the issue is the items being TOO good in the opposite forms of the game. The fact it is too much of a one sided relationship is what's causing the issue, and the fact whenever attempts to balance it the other way are made there are outcries about PvP gear being too easy to obtain yet at the same time complaints that a pver must PvP to get the item
    Last edited by Asteldian; 06-28-2012 at 05:06 AM.

  12. #12
    Ascendant Nuuli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,046

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mako482 View Post
    As long as people like you continue to defend crap like this in this game it will be a ****ing subpar pvp game. Stop pretending like this is not an issue and is not unfair. Trion has pretty much told us they want us to go to GW2 and forget about pvp in this game. They want us to have to grind not only pvp, but their pve as well to keep us on the hook longer to make them more money. I get that it is a business, but at some point you have to be smart and realize your money grab may cause people to get fed up altogether. I would happily pay for Rift and play GW2 for free at the same time if not for stupid crap like this.

    In the end they tossed us a small bone with this patch and the fanboys will be satisfied with it, most of us will not.
    So you're not purchasing pay cards for the tiger mount? I have GW2 pre-ordered myself. Just waiting... personally, I don't think Trion is going to rectify the difference.

  13. #13
    Rift Disciple Normus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Asteldian View Post
    Maybe not everyone has ID gear but anyone who pves will likely have a half set already and with the 10 man now out pretty much every pvers hat casually raids will be rocking ID equivalent weapons and a full set of gear very soon. I know I will which is why I have been saying for ages that the PvP gear needs to be much better. Right now it is barely any better than HK. I am all for pve and PvP interlinking but the one sided relationship is not the way to do it.
    I never really got to use my r40 weapon and by the time I am r50 I will be rocking a better pve weapon again. Pretty much makes prestige ranks irrelevant
    The new PVP2 Gear got Nerfed big time after the outcry from the PVE Raiders about how unfair that was and now they were going to have to grind PVP for best in slot. The top weapons for a fact had 100 Hit / Focus on them before the Nerf Now they have 76.
    Dunkelmagus - Guardian - Faeblight - Level 25 Guild <DARGAARD KNIGHTS >

  14. #14
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    839

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Normus View Post
    The new PVP2 Gear got Nerfed big time after the outcry from the PVE Raiders about how unfair that was and now they were going to have to grind PVP for best in slot. The top weapons for a fact had 100 Hit / Focus on them before the Nerf Now they have 76.

    Yeah I know, it's too bad, I was even going to dust off my r40 weapon to use again- totally inferior to inferno but a less commonly seen weapon.
    It's not just the weapon though, even ignoring the pve synergy crystal I have no reason to replace my HK armor with PvP stuff, and even if it had been worth doing I would still have to use pve head, gloves and jewelry. So I am not sure why they listened to the overreacting pvers and made the gear bleh

  15. #15
    Plane Walker Matsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xnon View Post
    i as a ranged,using FULL ID gear, topped the charts in all the match's i played as a 51 inq,barely died,add to that the Synergy crystal....PvE non relic weps are better than the PvP ones,stats barely got buffed,we got more vengeance but it will no way make pvp gear better for freaking pvp

    so remind me again whats the point from getting the new pvp gear?dunno about mele but i can do just fine in the back-lines with ID gear..
    You're either full of it or lucked into fighting a bunch of morons. Unless bolstering isn't working properly.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts