+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Why Would You Sony Roll Me?

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1

    Default Why Would You Sony Roll Me?

    Just wondering as this new patch 1.9 sucks in my opinion... I played EQ2 for probably about 4 years before they decided to remove level locking because a bunch of weak incompetent babies cried about it over and over on their forums. If you didn't know the result of Sony's move there... Well it pretty much killed off all of their pvp servers(Which pvp was the best in EQ2 and the best aspect of it in my opinion). Used to be full raids of twinks at t2(Levels 10-19) at each others cities gates to do battle and then almost no one. Some of us here don't like to invest the time to get the max rank. Some of us like to just twink out a quick t2 toon so we can enjoy some good ol fashioned pvp which I believe Rift had offered till yesterday.

    My question Trion, why did you remove the level locking? This is a really stupid move I believe. Just started playing this game since beta(Have been busy in real life) and loved how I could level lock like I could in EQ2 before Sony screwed up their game like they did SWG. So many people I know boycott Sony for removing level locking and well obviously removing/screwing up the game all together. They like to ruin anything good they have going it seems. Yet you seem to follow in their foot steps yeeears later and not know of the consequences of the actions you just made? I just don't understand this move at all. Even worse in terms of "Following in Sony's steps" that you introduced 'Mentoring" a concept back from EQ and you didn't even bother to change the name to it? Sadly disappointing at the moment and wondering why I should continue playing this game.
    Last edited by Icey Gregorio; 06-27-2012 at 09:53 PM.

  2. #2
    coy
    coy is offline
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    53

    Default

    I disagree. The EXP lock was the biggest mistake they made - they fixed it with the mentoring system and its good as it is!
    All the full equipped, XP locked, uber twinks do not ruin the pvp balance for the small players any more. Maybe there is not much pvp left between 11-49, but at least it is balanced.

  3. #3
    Plane Touched Sapheros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    206

    Default

    I still fail to see how it was twinking when the gear was and is extremly easy to get...or is running a couple dungeons or so too hard for ppl to get gear in the lower brackets?

  4. #4
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    839

    Default

    I was indifferent to the twinking as I was unaffected by it due to being more interested in the grown up PvP. But all in all I could not understand the whining, if you were to lazy to get yourself properly geared (takes a. Few dungeon runs or crafting) then deal with it. People I knew who twinked simply played the game as normal then locked before the new tear to enjoy the gear they earned. If you don't want to earn the gear that's your problem ans not the fault of so called twinks

  5. #5
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,570

    Default

    poor twink can't roll newbs for fun anymore and their feelings are hurt.... awww, isn't that cute.

  6. #6
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Icey Gregorio View Post
    Used to be full raids of twinks at t2(Levels 10-19) at each others cities gates to do battle and then almost no one. Some of us here don't like to invest the time to get the max rank. Some of us like to just twink out a quick t2 toon so we can enjoy some good ol fashioned pvp which I believe Rift had offered till yesterday.
    What i don't understand: Can't you mentor down to lvl 19 and still do open-world pvp like the stuff you described?

  7. #7
    Plane Touched Sapheros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sariina View Post
    poor twink can't roll newbs for fun anymore and their feelings are hurt.... awww, isn't that cute.
    Pointless comment imo....seriously though if you think what those players were doing was twinking then what is it when an R40 now R50 goes up against a fresh 50 with little to no pvp gear? I'm guessing official "twinking"?

  8. #8
    Rift Disciple Decosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    192

    Default

    I'm impressed, I actually thought we would get to at least a day after 1.9 was out before someone whined about the XP lock removal. Thanks, I just lost a bet with myself......

    Oh, and we really really take to heart your opinion on 1.9 cause you've had soooooo much time playing it and you've been soooooo prolific on the forum as well. Wait a minute.....
    Last edited by Decosse; 06-28-2012 at 03:39 AM.

  9. #9
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    133

    Default

    Mmmmm twinkiesssss

  10. #10
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Icey Gregorio View Post
    Just wondering as this new patch 1.9 sucks in my opinion... I played EQ2 for probably about 4 years before they decided to remove level locking because a bunch of weak incompetent babies cried about it over and over on their forums.
    LOOOL. Aren't you the one crying like a incompetent baby now? Whats the difference?
    You think you are entitled to your twink gear and other players are not entitled to complain about it because they must play the game exactly how you wish to play it - against your farmed gear.

    again,

    LOOOOL.
    Last edited by 41ex; 06-28-2012 at 05:31 AM.

  11. #11
    Ascendant Kyera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sapheros View Post
    Pointless comment imo....seriously though if you think what those players were doing was twinking then what is it when an R40 now R50 goes up against a fresh 50 with little to no pvp gear? I'm guessing official "twinking"?
    If you've paid attention to these forums at all, you'd know Sariina's primary contribution is flying into threads regarding twinking and making antagonistic posts attacking the "general" group of twinks, without providing any rationale, reasoning, or logic.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

  12. #12
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,581

    Default

    Most people are glad twinking exp lock is dead. The game is much better off.

    Other players should suffer because you don't feel like leveling up and playing pvp like an adult.

    If you don't have enough time to rank up and level up then you play very little. Yet your behavior can negatively impact many more players who play more than you. Seems easy who they should be looking to help out most.
    Last edited by aeio; 06-28-2012 at 05:40 AM.
    Codex + 1 = Suck on a Gun

  13. #13
    Ascendant Kyera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aeio View Post
    Other players should suffer because you don't feel like leveling up and playing pvp like an adult.
    Woo! False premise + attacking the premise! VICTORY!
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

  14. #14
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyera View Post
    If you've paid attention to these forums at all, you'd know Sariina's primary contribution is flying into threads regarding twinking and making antagonistic posts attacking the "general" group of twinks, without providing any rationale, reasoning, or logic.
    Oooh you know what? You just dont like to hear any rationale or reasoning about twinks. This is a FACT because there is just soo much wrong with the power creep in games that is just funy hearing anyone defending it.
    Twinks - learn to play.

  15. #15
    Shield of Telara Starsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Port Orange, FL
    Posts
    737

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Icey Gregorio View Post
    Just wondering as this new patch 1.9 sucks in my opinion... I played EQ2 for probably about 4 years before they decided to remove level locking because a bunch of weak incompetent babies cried about it over and over on their forums. If you didn't know the result of Sony's move there... Well it pretty much killed off all of their pvp servers(Which pvp was the best in EQ2 and the best aspect of it in my opinion). Used to be full raids of twinks at t2(Levels 10-19) at each others cities gates to do battle and then almost no one. Some of us here don't like to invest the time to get the max rank. Some of us like to just twink out a quick t2 toon so we can enjoy some good ol fashioned pvp which I believe Rift had offered till yesterday.

    My question Trion, why did you remove the level locking? This is a really stupid move I believe. Just started playing this game since beta(Have been busy in real life) and loved how I could level lock like I could in EQ2 before Sony screwed up their game like they did SWG. So many people I know boycott Sony for removing level locking and well obviously removing/screwing up the game all together. They like to ruin anything good they have going it seems. Yet you seem to follow in their foot steps yeeears later and not know of the consequences of the actions you just made? I just don't understand this move at all. Even worse in terms of "Following in Sony's steps" that you introduced 'Mentoring" a concept back from EQ and you didn't even bother to change the name to it? Sadly disappointing at the moment and wondering why I should continue playing this game.
    Level locked players being able to enter WFs with non level locked players was a HORRIBLE idea and never should have been added in the first place. Just a bad decision listening to whinners to add it in the first place, if you do not want to progress your character at 50, don't. At the sametime, others should not be forced to change the natural progression of the game just to suit your laziness.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts