+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2 Hours in Between Conquest?

Shadowlander

Default 2 Hours in Between Conquest?

Why does it have such a long downtime? I was hoping you would eventually just be able to do that instead of Warfronts. Is it going to get shortened?

Quote Originally Posted by Kohr7 View Post
    Why does it have such a long downtime? I was hoping you would eventually just be able to do that instead of Warfronts. Is it going to get shortened?
    I think that is what they are worried about. They don't want it to have the potential to dominate WF's. If it had a 30m or less downtime...that would be awesome if you love conquesting all the time. People who want to conquest imo usually start getting ready 10m or less until it's ready. I stop queing for WF's ~8 - 9m till so that I don't have to call out in the middle of it to catch the fresh start.

I proposed this before 1.9 but didn't know conquest would have a lockout. Said it was a good idea but if it draws a split in population to go one way or the other (conquest and wf's possible 24/7) it could create it's own mini issues. A respectable CD on the re-enter is needed to not completely put WF's out of the picture because franky, Conquest XP smokes WF xp even comparing to bonus WF weekends. If you could conquest too often WF's might be at risk.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy doing Conquest but, this is my view on it trying to not have any bias as a player who wants to progress asap.

IMO 1h 25m. Which is basically like 1h 10m. Cause lets be real, the last 15m at work are like home stretch, go home mode time.
    Last edited by Violacea; 06-27-2012 at 08:05 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Telaran

Just dump the ridiculous conquest cooldown altogether, people are bored stupid doing the same old warfronts endlessly, try giving your PAYING customers what they really want trion k..

I know if I could, I'd be running Conquest all of the time. I'm tired of the other wf's. It's been a year of the same wf's over and over again. That gets boring real quick.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Telaran

Yea i would just straight conquest if i could. Unfortunately they introduced something that seems to be popular enough that it won't allow you in every time. So, it could be a 2 hour wait and still be full. What the hell is that about? Not really happy about the 2 hour cooldown in the first place, but i am sure not happy about not being able to participate after waiting 2 hours. Craptastic.

I think they're also worried that it will pull players away from other parts of the game too like zone events etc.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Oldmort View Post
    Just dump the ridiculous conquest cooldown altogether, people are bored stupid doing the same old warfronts endlessly, try giving your PAYING customers what they really want trion k..
    I agree. If they are going to continually make us do WF's, give us a variety.

+ Reply to Thread