+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Do people not understand 3 Factions Exists to...

Plane Walker

Default Do people not understand 3 Factions Exists to...

...have the two losing factions stand up and take on the winning faction?

When the two losing factions are sitting at ~25% each, your suppose to attack that winning faction, otherwise your just making it far easier for them to take more land and win.

Do people not understand that is the concept of why 3 factions exist so no one side can dominate since the two others can 'ally' together in some forms to weaken the stronger one?

Maybe its just me but I thought it wasn't rocket science, but I see quite stupidity going on where the lower end sides will bash at each other and just allow the winning side and even easier time getting a victory.

1 v 2 'em .
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

No. No, they don't. In my experience, people tend to get into "tunnel vision" in PvP, attacking only the closest objective or tab-target, regardless of overall progress/objective.

This is disastrous, but adventageous to those of us with brains, as a group of 3-5 intelligent players can turn the tide of many PvP situations by avoiding the zerg and going for appropriate objectives.

People will figure it out, eventually. Just like people will figure out what areas are key to success for your faction, eventually.

Kept trying to convince my raid to go to Caer Mathos and secure it (as Nightfall), while kids wanted to go try and PvE the upgraded/turret-defended southern Dominion objectives, despite the fact that Dominion was working Mathos over. Eventually herded the cats into listening and, even though we ended up losing the match, we had the Mathos area objectives (Oathsworn and the rest of my faction were getting rolled at their objectives, leaving us with only Mathos-area, so idk what was going on there).

Nightfall has ostensibly the weakest starting position (and Dominion the strongest), so it's vital that they send a raid to work Caer Mathos over while the bulk of their forces hold the middle and pressure Dominion's southern interests (potentially conceding a few objectives to Oathsworn). Once Mathos is secured, it gives you the opportunity for a two-pronged approach + flank. Of course, the plan fails if the rest of Nightfall and Oathsworn decide to fight each other, since they get in a fight in the middle with both flanks exposed to a Dominion flank (unless you have Mathos!). :3

But some kid will scream bloody murder over the fact that we aren't charging south and leaving our flank exposed to increase our vulnerability at the onset. ;)
    Last edited by Kyera; 06-27-2012 at 08:14 PM.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Purutzil View Post
    ...have the two losing factions stand up and take on the winning faction?

When the two losing factions are sitting at ~25% each, your suppose to attack that winning faction, otherwise your just making it far easier for them to take more land and win.

Do people not understand that is the concept of why 3 factions exist so no one side can dominate since the two others can 'ally' together in some forms to weaken the stronger one?

Maybe its just me but I thought it wasn't rocket science, but I see quite stupidity going on where the lower end sides will bash at each other and just allow the winning side and even easier time getting a victory.
    Many players have a hard time figuring out what to do in black garden when the other team has the stone, so this does not surprise me.
    Codex + 1 = Suck on a Gun

Quote Originally Posted by Purutzil View Post

This concept is dead. It will never return. Get ready for GW2 where the two strongest sides will team up on the weakest.

Quote Originally Posted by Valnak View Post
    This concept is dead. It will never return.
    ...because there'd never be a winner if the 2 weakest sides constantly switch and go up against the strongest.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Kyera View Post
    People will figure it out, eventually. Just like people will figure out what areas are key to success for your faction, eventually.

Kept trying to convince my raid to go to Caer Mathos and secure it (as Nightfall), while kids wanted to go try and PvE the upgraded/turret-defended southern Dominion objectives, despite the fact that Dominion was working Mathos over. Eventually herded the cats into listening and, even though we ended up losing the match, we had the Mathos area objectives (Oathsworn and the rest of my faction were getting rolled at their objectives, leaving us with only Mathos-area, so idk what was going on there).

Nightfall has ostensibly the weakest starting position (and Dominion the strongest), so it's vital that they send a raid to work Caer Mathos over while the bulk of their forces hold the middle and pressure Dominion's southern interests (potentially conceding a few objectives to Oathsworn). Once Mathos is secured, it gives you the opportunity for a two-pronged approach + flank. Of course, the plan fails if the rest of Nightfall and Oathsworn decide to fight each other, since they get in a fight in the middle with both flanks exposed to a Dominion flank (unless you have Mathos!). :3

But some kid will scream bloody murder over the fact that we aren't charging south and leaving our flank exposed to increase our vulnerability at the onset. ;)
    I will read all of that, and then disregard it and camp someones spawn.
    Ferbo - Deepwood

Filthy Casual 4 life

Ack that place is just way to damn confusing and people just constantly camp the re-spawn. Hopefully in due time people will understand it as I too am trying to comprehend how to win!

Covergirl Diamond
    <-Prophecy->
    Back in Action
    RIP Junlar the Great Cleric. I will cherish our friendship and bond for all eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion333 View Post
    Ack that place is just way to damn confusing and people just constantly camp the re-spawn. Hopefully in due time people will understand it as I too am trying to comprehend how to win!
    How is it confusing? Took me about 5 minutes to figure out the general gist of it, and one run through to figure it out. Everything is incredibly straight forward, but then again apparently people were confused by the old tool tips too. Good ol' modern day edumication I guess.
    Even free cost too much now

Shield of Telara WriteThemWrong's Avatar

How do you suggest they do it? Everyone already does the same thing, cap points. Sure if I see someone I've agreed to align with I won't attack him but what can two factions do together that will help them defeat one especially since conquest isn't about getting kills?
    Last edited by WriteThemWrong; 06-27-2012 at 10:38 PM.

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

Problem right now is that the two other opposing factions are still marked as evil/bad/red/whatever you want to call it on your team. So making this work in the first place is already an issue of its own.
    Last edited by bctrainers; 06-27-2012 at 10:43 PM.
    --BC

I want to team with the weaker faction but my fan-out hit ALL OF THEM.
    Last edited by Wawer; 06-28-2012 at 12:01 AM.
    Deepstrike:Gintoki cleric r47 Shinpachi warrior r46, Kayura rogue r50, Tsukuyo mage r47
    Laethys: Roba r44
    GW2:Ayo Timako , level 54 Necro

clearly the OP has never played Risk

I don't think that's even possible the way it's designed without coordinated leaders of the two factions who are hypothetically teaming up. Pretty sure red = dead is going to override strategy, even in the most intelligent of players.

Hell, some of just want some [edit] mass PvP that involves killing other players and getting killed. Others are obsessed with objectives to the point of ignoring battles. These two mentalities are guaranteed to cause heated disagreement when they inevitably, frequently meet.

Once again, the chaos of pugs is going to frustrate many and give a boost to those who coordinate. Luckily, the battles tend to be large, so it's a bit more difficult than some situations in this game to overwhelm the opposition with a few players communicating. Better just to overwhelm them with sheer numbers... and saboteurs.

Is it fun? So far yes. Is it the holy grail of rift PvP? Not by any stretch of the imagination.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast