+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Conquest Player Draw Issues Making Mele Extremely Difficult

Default Conquest Player Draw Issues Making Mele Extremely Difficult

Attempting to play in the conquest on my warrior this evening ended up being an exercise in frustration, as you have no way of even seeing most of the enemies until you are already in them, then the enemy players start popping up. It's not even drawing the closest players first, at one point I saw three people, led the charge in and had another 10-20 people suddenly draw on my screen. The worst part is, the people who drew on my screen in the first place were in the middle of a zerg, and I actually had players appear behind me after i jumped in.

A feature like Aion's to turn off player models and just draw the nameplates is almost necessary if you can't render fast enough, at the very least it needs to prioritize so that the closest people draw first. I ended up surrounded by magically appearing enemies on far too many occasions tonight to make this fun.
    Snugglebunny - <NAS> - P40 Warrior
    BUNNIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Sonnei - <NAS> - P40 Mage [Semi-Retired]
    Sonneillon - <NAS> - P40 Rogue [RETIRED]

Shadowlander

Every time I enter the zerg, I think to myself "I'm glad I'm not a warrior right now"

Even as ranged in the back of my group I'll see a warrior charge at me.

If the draw speed can't catch up, definitively render nameplates first.
    Kiiro - who cares about my progression.

Shield of Telara

Yah not gonna lie most of the time I didn't see people till they were already attacking me. Even my recon vial didn't seem to work properly and all of a sudden it would show 0 people then 50. Might just be buggy right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
    Attempting to play in the conquest on my warrior this evening ended up being an exercise in frustration, as you have no way of even seeing most of the enemies until you are already in them, then the enemy players start popping up. It's not even drawing the closest players first, at one point I saw three people, led the charge in and had another 10-20 people suddenly draw on my screen. The worst part is, the people who drew on my screen in the first place were in the middle of a zerg, and I actually had players appear behind me after i jumped in.

A feature like Aion's to turn off player models and just draw the nameplates is almost necessary if you can't render fast enough, at the very least it needs to prioritize so that the closest people draw first. I ended up surrounded by magically appearing enemies on far too many occasions tonight to make this fun.
    One solution - buff warriors. Also, nerf Fripplez.

I must say this is pretty intense stuff.

Normally my 4-core usage was like 67%, 74%, 100%, 86%, or something. After conquest the maxes are like 90+, 90+, 100, 90+ on each core load. Nothing much in a year, even your common zone events, have pushed my cpu that hard in Rift. Conquest needs new sys. reqs of it's own, lets be real.

Playing a Sab is ridiculously dumb too as my charge targets just vanish so often lmao. I imagine a melee must be a freaking nightmare. Thats all warriors got :/
    Last edited by Violacea; 06-27-2012 at 06:27 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

6.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #6
    jlu
    Rift Team

Yes, the huge PVP battles in conquest have uncovered some limitations in how we determine which players you can see and which ones you can't.

We've made some improvements on this front. Starting with the next hotfix you should be able to see your enemies much more reliably, regardless of the amount of allies around you.

Please let us know if it still doesn't feel right after the next update.

Well glad to see you guys are working on this. Despite the cluster that it currently is, I think it's giving a lot of people a taste of larger scale world PVP and that's always a good thing.

Sorting out the issue of being unable to see other raids within your faction would be the other part of the puzzle.
    Last edited by Ashrai; 06-27-2012 at 07:21 PM.
    Ashrai@Deepwood
    Sporeslinger of <Godlike Awesomeness>

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Ashrai View Post

Sorting out the issue of being unable to see other raids within your faction would be the other part of the puzzle.
    Yea healing is a big problem when there is hundreds of people and you can only see 5 in your raid at any given time.

Kinda in the tone of seeing players, it would be nice if for Conquest purposes you could actually see dots or some representation of all the members on the map. Chat helps but, with the magnitude of people it would be much more intuitive to meet up and gather if raids could see other raids on the big map. Seeing 19 people on my conquest team sometimes is moot compared to what my faction is doing. I'm sure this would be even better for PUG groups within conquest. It's not that they're all terrible but, without solid/with chaotic communication this would make it more intuitive.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by jlu View Post
    Yes, the huge PVP battles in conquest have uncovered some limitations in how we determine which players you can see and which ones you can't.

We've made some improvements on this front. Starting with the next hotfix you should be able to see your enemies much more reliably, regardless of the amount of allies around you.

Please let us know if it still doesn't feel right after the next update.
    Awesome, thanks for the reply. I'll keep my eye on it.
    Snugglebunny - <NAS> - P40 Warrior
    BUNNIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Sonnei - <NAS> - P40 Mage [Semi-Retired]
    Sonneillon - <NAS> - P40 Rogue [RETIRED]

Quote Originally Posted by Haptiic View Post
    Yea healing is a big problem when there is hundreds of people and you can only see 5 in your raid at any given time.
    Oh my gosh, it is SO annoying!
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

If you understand anything at all about PvP it should be zero surprise that melee is inherently gimp in mass pvp, regardless of how "strong" the melee is by itself.

The melee will inherently be in the range of most of the other side's RDPS whereas the RDPS will only be able to be hit by overextending melee or other RDPS. It is a trivial matter for any RDPS to get out of range of the vast majority of the other team, whereas a melee must use an escape mechanism.

For warriors/melee clerics we call this "die and respawn" for rogues we call this "slip away" or "use nightblade cooldowns" or "riftstalker is totally the most balanced soul in the game"

For melee to be remotely viable in a large scale PvP game there needs to be a robust system of Guarding, AoE detaunts and healing. Rift has only one of these.

This is, of course, ignoring the lag part. All I can do about that is wish Trion good luck, and hope it isn't your computer's fault.

I saw someone in chat say this, and think it a great idea

"Increase maximum raid frame size to 40 in conquest"

Sounds legit

GSB Conq/ROS Conq/HK Conq/ID Conq
    4/4 TotDQ
    4/4 FT
    2/5 EE
    <The Chosen>

Prophet of Telara

I knew the healer and support issue was going to be a problem from testing on the PTS.

Quote Originally Posted by Valnak View Post

For warriors/melee clerics we call this "die and respawn" for rogues we call this "slip away" or "use nightblade cooldowns" or "riftstalker is totally the most balanced soul in the game"
    Neg to all. Conquest is a straight up MM game if you are a rogue imo!
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast